[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technological memes you fell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 6223819.jpg (556KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
6223819.jpg
556KB, 3264x2448px
>overclockable korean moinitor
>>
>gaming computer
It's a money pit. Build only what you need for doing work and play as much as it can handle on the side. Good enough.
>>
Mechanical keyboards. Honestly after using them for a long ass time then recently trying a membrane there's not enough of a difference to warrant the price of them. It's a keyboard and membranes work fine.
>>
>buy mechanical keyboard
>key strokes feel nice
>prolonged usage feels horrible
>hands hurt after 10 minutes of typing

>buy ergonomic keyboard for half the price
>can type for 30minutes like its nothing
>>
>gaming computer
>modern games now are mememovies, dota or league will hold 60 on a 2008 budget laptop and civ just wants cpu

otoh >>59806230 has pussy hands
>>
>>59806260
>cant type on tiny mechanical keyboards
>pussy hands
what?
>>
>>59806279
>botnet keyboard
>duplo keys
>>
>>59806230
you should have bought an ergonomic mechanical keyboard. idiot.
>>
>>59806279
>ugly as sin keyboard
>muh waste of space Search and Home buttons
>muh waste of space fucking bezel on a keyboard
>>
>never one to ever fall for reccomended shit, by anyone
>hear of ThinkPads
>do my own research
>find they're objectively great (only xx30 and older) and the best laptop you can buy for running Windows/Linux
>now obsessed with hoarding parts and components for models I want
>will probably one day have shelves of spares for about 30 machines

I regret nothing. I'm so glad I found out about them. I even managed to find a very, very good condition essentially unused IBM 340 for extremely cheap, its not even available to buy anywhere. Even spares are hard to find.
>>
>>59806279
not every mechanical is a 60% memeboard
>>
>>59806107
10keyless keyboards. Shit was cancer to do any real work on.
>>
>>59806490

My x220 purchase a few months ago was one of the best things I've bought in a long time.

Keyboard is the best I've had on a laptop, 9 cell lasts a nice 10+ hrs, It's durable as fuck! I can toss this around and actually use it like a tool. Huge surplus of parts available so if anything breaks i can fix it.The only thing I don't like about it is the display. I've got a new IPS in there, but its nothing compared to modern standards.
>>
>>59806107

What's wrong with Korean monitors?
>>
>>59806107
>energy drink
enjoy the rotted insides
>>
>>59806744
flimsy stand, dual-link dvi only, etc.

excellent meme several years ago, but only a fool would buy one in $current_year

a branded monitor with mfg warranty, more inputs, adjustable stand, etc. doesn't cost that much more now.
>>
The AMD FX meme and then the Intel core i5 meme.
>>
>>59806835
dream seller sells the xstars with displayport or HDMI.

He really does.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 600x751px
>>
>>59806230
>hand hurt
how do your hands hurt from pressing keys
i can type on blues all day with no problems
>>
>>59806107
Magic flight box.

Glass is better yo.
>>
Video games.

Pointless. You spend so much on them in respect to money, time, and health to consume them but all they do in return is take from you. You're literally paying to get cucked. It's one big money milking scam.

Developers are garbage. They force you to upgrade because they're too lazy to optimize. Manufacturers force you to upgrade through planned obsolescence and other tactics. Publishers don't care so they force the video games to be worse off because of the DLC and micro-transactions. You get the idea.

Such as Windows 10 only working on the latest Intel processor. Something like that, right? Intel forcing so many socket changes. As if that was to improve anything. Didn't improve shit. It was to force you to upgrade. Of course you won't get the older socket. You'll just jump to the latest one because you know you'll be stuck with that one socket if you don't. This means they can force you to spend even more money than you were planning because you know you'll be worse off if you don't. Which is actually true.

It's just fucking stupid. Not to mention the stupid fucking drivers... Dealing with game crashes and issues... All the shit you have to install such as Steam, which is shit, and it's just not worth it once you take a step back and realize what you're doing...

Most of your computer needs can be solved with a Core 2 Quad processor and a GTX 750 Ti. At most you'll be set with a older generation i7 processor. Just to get the cores and to be able to do tasks better such as virtualization, but if you don't do that it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>59808807
>all they do in return is take from you
Playing with other people, especially with those whom you're otherwise close, is a rewarding social experience. Likewise many with busy lives find the momentary escapism of a single player game to be therapeutic.

>They force you to upgrade
"Patient gaming" for life, son.

>Windows 10
>you'll be worse off if you don't
A lot of people bet that they wouldn't, and they seem to have been right.

>stupid fucking drivers
>game crashes
>issues
Most everything in life comes with disappointing headaches. Thinking video games would be different is a poor expectation, not an unusual shortcoming of games.

>Most of your computer needs
Basically you're blaming video games for having fallen for two memes, "fear of missing out (vidya edition)" and "paying the upgrade Jew." Those are both fair but they don't deprive video games of their point.
>>
>>59808807
are you poor?
>>
>>59806201
you can get mechanical keyboards for like $50
true you can get membrane for a fifth of the price but they don't last as long either
>>
>>59806201
>There is not enough of a difference
My wrist pain gone away when I purchased MX Red board. Membrane boards suck anus.
>>
>>59806983
DELET THISSS
>>
>>59809142
membrane feels better, though
>>
File: 1480399463581.jpg (41KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1480399463581.jpg
41KB, 1033x679px
>>59809074
I have to agree on some points with this dude. Trying to play fashionable vidya is what makes people miserable.

However, video games are still a meme in overconsumption. It is a form of escapism so you have to handle it with care, especially if you do it alone.

Technological memes I fell for:
>Thinkpad
never looked back, but before that
>gaymen laptops
it is not worth it. I am happy with older games when I want to play, and a business laptop is sufficient for that
>>
>>59806107
currently
>Model M
>32GB of RAM
>Three screen bst
>ThinkPad T410i
>Casio F-91W
>homeserver
>>
>>59806591
And you can live happily ever after believing this shit.
>>
>>59806131
>>59806260
>not realizing multiplayer games are the true meme
coming from someone who was challenger in league and is master in overwatch, I wish i realized earlier how bad of a value proposition multiplayer games were.

You spend thousands of hours getting gud and climbing ladders and if you have to stop playing for a few weeks, your rank/elo decays off a cliff and your aim/mechanics get rusty and undoes months of practice. You constantly have to keep up with patch notes and changing meta because game devs just don't know how to balance. If you don't keep playing, you get punished, like an addictive drug.

Spending a few thousand $$ on a good gaming PC to play single player games was the best thing I ever did. Vidya is an unproductive waste of time either way but at least I get a lot more fulfillment finishing an 8 hour game and experiencing a complete story and pretty modern graphics than I ever did finishing an 8 hour ranked grind just to climb 50 skill rating
>>
>>59809074
>Playing with other people, especially with those whom you're otherwise close, is a rewarding social experience.

Play in real life then, not through a pointless and addictive virtual world.
>>
>>59809205
Usually not the $10 ones. unless you can get some neat office boards. Good membrane is perfectly acceptable tho
>>
>>59806201
>>59806230
I don't get this, I love typing on my mechanical keyboard.
>>
>>59810730
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
>>
>>59810756
it feels and sounds great, I'm only replying so that i can type some more.
>>
>>59806728
Display is the only thing putting me off, i have a really old thinkpad that i like. I'm debating to get an xps13 or to buy a x220 and use the money saved to upgrade my desktop
>>
>>59806279
Best keyboard there is. I spent $120 on a my blue keyboard that gave me carpal tunnel. Switched back to 4000 master race pain went away.
If someone makes a 4000 with blues I'll buy it.
>>
>>59809205
It objectively doesn't. You're just stupid.
>>59810801
You have fallen for the meme that recent ThinkPads aren't good

Go ahead and get either a t450s, x1 Carbon 2017, or p50 to see how they're still the best laptops ever made.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.