[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infosec Certifications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cissp-logo.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cissp-logo.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
There's so many, what are the legit ones?
>>
File: k.png (921KB, 788x628px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
921KB, 788x628px
I'm planing to take it
>>
>>59798926
OSCP
>>
>>59799099

why?
>>
Certs from offensive security and giac are the most respected and will get you the best jobs. (Taking the OSCP later this year)

CISSP is laughed at.

Security+ and CEH are the most looked for (statistically and currently) but not for being good.

I've been through the courses for most industry certs, I CTF regularly, hold certs, have a nicly build hacking lab, and advice students occasionally.

Also am part of OWASP, infosec cons, etc. If you give a shit, feel free to AMA.
>>
>>59800831

But CISSP is the gold standard. Even Charlie Miller has one and he knows how bad it is, but it's still the gold standard. 4 years of proven job experience and someone with a CISSP to vouch for you is probably what makes the cert valuable.
>>
>>59800975
>4 years
>someone to vouch for you

lol it's like they're weeding out the autists who can't hold a job
>>
>>59800975

I agree. Still laughed at the weebs of infosec. I personally don't care, whatever lands you the job and gets you paid the most.
>>
>>59798926

Here you go OP: https://github.com/enaqx/awesome-pentest/blob/master/README.md

Lots of good info all in one place. Will help point you in the right direction
>>
Isn't their some kind of cisco things where if your employees hold certain certificates you can get huge discounts on cisco products, so companies tend to hire people with the csico certs?
Not sure if this applies to security, but the popular routing route.
>>
Many people seem to think CISSP is a technical cert and then whine about it when their new CISSP hire can't configure their firewall. CISSP is a security management cert primarily. Technically you could qualify after passing the exam and just having a background in risk management. But it's a tough cert to get and you will not pass unless you have a very thorough grasp of information security in the widest sense. Information security != IT security. People who denigrate CISSP do not seem to understand this basic fact. The fault lies with sloppy hiring practices, not with people who have the experience, intelligence and tenacity to pass CISSP
>>
>>59798926
anything GCIA

any of the OffSec ones

CISSP is garbage manager-tier shit
>>
>>59801549
>not with people who have the experience, intelligence and tenacity to pass CISSP

>t. butthurt CISSP #9916516

CISSP is shit, the kind of person who maintains a security posture for an org should at the very least know how to config a fucking firewall.

It's not like you're asking to write shellcode.
>>
>>59803388
That's something they will get IT to do.
>>
>>59799090
Hope you realize that you need at least five years of experience in a security field to get the cert.
>>
>>59803489
How can you properly understand security if you can't even configure a secure environment yourself?

At best you'd just be reliant on skiddy tools to find vulnerabilities.
>>
phd, fields medal, turing prize, fsf award
>>
>>59803582

There's no way anyone has enough knowledge to configure a modern 10,000+ client enterprise network in a secure fashion. There are teams of people who do that and each person specializes in something. Those teams work over time to further secure their network as they learn more about their weaknesses.
>>
>>59805343
I agree here, most of the people with a CISSP are not the actual system administrators. The CISSP is for management positions in large organizations. I'm not saying it's a great standard, but it is one. If you want to make it better, contribute, stop complaining.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.