[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW too unintelligent to learn Python Should I keep trying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1491624120213.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491624120213.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
>TFW too unintelligent to learn Python

Should I keep trying? Am I simply too brainlet or is everyone capable of learning Python?
>>
File: 4chpython.jpg (115KB, 969x844px) Image search: [Google]
4chpython.jpg
115KB, 969x844px
Everyone is capable of learning you just need a goal in mind and motivation to actually make something. I make a cli browser for 4chins for example
>>
Is this bait?
>>
>>59791513
>is everyone capable of learning Python?
Nah, you need that kind of wiring in programming.

I'm shit at programming too and I think I will never be capable, yet I'm good at learning math and can do other shit, I don't know.

>inb4 why do you browse /g/
For the news.
>>
>>59791527
> I make a cli browser for 4chins for example
I must know more. Moar screenshots please.
>>
>>59791513
what do you find difficult OP?
>>
>>59791513
start from basic/pascal
>>
a literal homeless nigger learned python, you fucking cuck
there's no excuse, unless you're Mexican.
>>
File: nigthon.jpg (287KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
nigthon.jpg
287KB, 1920x1079px
>>59791689
forgot pic
>>
>>59791665
Web scraping and interacting with files and stuff
>>
File: 1419876112764.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
1419876112764.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>59791513
Even retards can learn Python. Just keep trying and don't ever give up.
>>
>>59791700
what specifically? the concepts don't seem all that difficult. before you write a line of code make a step by step list/flowchart of your program as well.
>>
>>59791513
What you're struggling with, OP, is not learning Python. It's basic programming principles. Because as far as Python is concerned, there's absolutely nothing to it. It's just a very thin (from the coder's perspective) layer between the logical programming flow that you interpret internally and the resulting code.
>>
>>59791513
What did you do so far to learn python?
>>
Python is a deplorable language OP.

Learn something statically typed.
>>
>>59791513
don't learn python. It has no future.
Learn vb.net and then move onto c#
>>
>making 4chan image puller
>want duplicate detection & subfolders & API & didn't want to use bash
>need to do X
>type "python3 do X" into google
>usually leads to python's official documentation
>do X
>move on to Y
Shit takes forever and I'm up to importing 7 libraries. But I am making progress. I'm using an old working version to pull everything from a Megumin thread in /a/ right now. It's mostly string formatting that gets me.
>>
>>59793878
It's popular in mechanical and electrical engineering. I use it to automate some tasks and do digital signal processing.
>>
>>59793878
All you need now is R.
>>
>>59791527
how do you get past the captcha?
>>
>>59791700
pic related is pretty easy to follow. You can get it for free at genesis library
>>
>>59791527
>Giving an option for no
>>
>>59794311
what is R?

and isn't java the most viable commercially?
>>
>>59795592
statistics tool, not really meant for programming.
>>
>>59791527
Can I have a copy pls
>>
>>59791513
You probably just need a project to work on to make yourself learn. Learning to code with just a textbook or two is boring as fuck
>>
if you were too dumb for python you wouldnt be able to type or breathe, just keep trying anon
>>
Get Zed Shaw's book.
I'm using it now and it's very easy to understand.
I have no prior knowledge.

Just keep poking around and learning
little things here and there and you
will start to get it, don't guilt yourself if
you put it down for a while or don't get stuff
right away.
>>
>>59791527
Post in on github m8
>>
Python is for literal retards. If you can't do python you should give up.
>>
>>59791513
It could be a mindset thing anon - I enjoy dicking around with C, but find Python unsatisfying somehow. Maybe try C++ or C instead?
>>
>>59791513
Any good materials/sites/courses that I can learn Python?
>>
>>59791513
Don't learn Python. I honestly have no idea what the fuck use it even is, other than masturbating over flavor of the month bullshit. Whitespace as syntax is fucking retarded, and other languages do the job better.

Learn Visual Basic or Visual C# if you want your life to be easy at the cost of pretty bad performance. These languages will allow you to program as a blue collar job. No math or background needed, just brute force and a brain.

Learn COBOL if you want to be a blue collar programmer that's in high demand and you're OK with working with geezers.

Learn C++ if you wuz computan sciencetists an shit.
>>
>>59795914
Don't listen to this wanker,OP.
>>
>>59795914
where is the cute anime mascot girl for cobol?
>>
>>59795914
>flavor of the month bullshit

Python flavor of the month? You realize Python was released over 25 years ago, right?
>>
>>59791513
I remember when I first started I was really slow and was constantly overloading my brain when doing loops on my web scrapers

these days I don't even think about it too much its natural and easy but I clearly remember days when it was not

I think its only about practice even if you don't have high IQ. People with high IQ only learn it much faster
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.