[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Humble Bundle - Python Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: python.png (800KB, 1145x2041px) Image search: [Google]
python.png
800KB, 1145x2041px
Is this worth $15?
>>
You get what you pay for with learning materials. Cheap = cheap.

Unless you steal it that is.
>>
File: 1400209201560.jpg (66KB, 499x642px) Image search: [Google]
1400209201560.jpg
66KB, 499x642px
>>59789942
>books normally full price going on sale reduces the value of the knowledge contained inside

Do you even think before you mash post, child?
>>
>>59789952

Oh go fuck yourself, you know what I mean. If you wanna learn Python go learn python, but dont expect AAA quality learning resources in a humble bundle, go to either a real publisher or better yet, take one of the million python courses online.
>>
>>59789914
If you don't know much about programming and Python then yes, that's pretty cheap and No Starch is good stuff.
>>
>>59789972
But the books have cool covers!
>>
>>59789914
C++ bundle where.
>>
>>59789993

Library has a good build your own bundle deal for free.
>>
>>59789914
OP honestly I think you should just jump into Python and follow PEP8 rules. I didn't read any books so I have nothing to recommend.
>>59789914
Since we are talking about good vs bad books.
Is it true that this has best practices for c++?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
Asking specifically anyone who has actually read any of them?
Otherwise and recommendations on books read?
>>
>>59789998
Library?
>>
>>59789914

They are not bad books for someone who has never programmed before but there' alot of overlap of content.
>>
>>59789914
How come there's no books on web dev? That's one of the things I'm mainly interested in with python
>>
>>59789914

Look up the curriculum for an intro to python course at a good uni and pirate the books they use.
>>
>reading books on a computer screen or electronic device
>>
Best IDE for Python? Just started learning Python in Codecademy and will start doing projects soon.
>>
>>59789914
>>59789942
Automate the boring stuff is a really good book. Its not too fast and not too slow and alsways shows some more or less practical applications. Theres also a free video course that goes with it but I prefer the book.
If you can get it cheap and you want to learn python you should go for it
>>
wtf just torrent the ones you want dummy
>>
>>59792293

pycharm is good and free. Anything from jetbrains is top-tier
>>
>>59789914
the ones that are in the sticky torrent not good enough? Asking for a friend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.