[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would your ideal forum look like, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: blah.png (18KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
blah.png
18KB, 600x302px
What would your ideal forum look like, /g/?
>>
>forum
lol what is this, 2005?
>>
>>59789088
All of that is fine, except the last point.

I LIKE that 4chan doesn't have permanence. I actually wish other platforms would just delete their shit after the conversation dies down. It makes it better, more like an actual conversation. There are thousands of websites and forums with permanent discussions, that isn't what I want. I want anonymous ephemeral conversations about things I'm interested in.

4chan is good for this. It could be improved a lot, but it is one of very few that don't give a shit about permanence and identity.
>>
Forums need to have an ugly barebones interface with no images.
It tends to keep away retards.
Even better if it is hard to use from a phone or a tablet.

So the ideal forum is an IRC channel.
>>
imagingone.ddns.net/chat
>>
>>59789088
>(((permanently archived)))
>>
>>59789088
I just want something with mods who aren't scared of banning subversives and other types of cancer who are detrimental to the respective forum's culture. Even if it's something as tiny as using a word from another place that's not acceptable there should be a long-lasting ban.
>>
>>59789088
/g/ with no virgins, sh*tskins, or sub-120s
>>
>>59789088
Reddit styling (minimal UI)

Voting exists, but it's a non-default thing that the user havs to turn on to even see. Threads are in reverse chronological order otherwise.

Shitty mods can be recalled if enough of the community agrees

HARD free speech stance. If it isn't illegal, it stays.

Randomly generated IDs per thread - allows anonymity, prevents cancerous samefagging

Tripcodes exist, but can be used once per thread by the OP, only to show that a certain per thread ID is a certain code identity. Prevents cancerous namefagging.

Global robot9000-style filtering - post something original or fuck off. Prevents low effort shitposting.
>>
>>59789088
I like the idea of text boards but the only people I can think of who would use them would be the absolute worst people to have conversations with. Same with smaller imageboards; 4chan-derived imageboard culture has been just absolutely abysmal for years now. Older imageboards that most people would call "circlejerks" like FA, 7chan, 420chan, etc (lain is 100% not in this group of successful sufficient focused imageboards) ended up being a decent fusion of imageboards and forms despite their ups and downs.

No one had to say anything about free speech because it was assumed from the onset that the group member wasn't a complete and utter mongoloid who wouldn't automatically degenerate into a modern 4chan poster, so their posts would be of a certain quality level. I don't recall any truly gigantic powertrips because of this, either. Only real "problem" I saw was that, over time, the community would split into subgroups as the subject they came together over faded from prominence, so lines were drawn after a certain point.

My ideal forum would be what the more niche imageboards were like from '07 to '11. I should be able to trust the community members to not be drooling retards or intensely hyper-emotional special snowflakes like on lain.
>>
ban ironic shitposting as it ruins everything
>>
How is that any different from 4chan with maybe the exception that it's not officially archived.
>Each comment can have multiple children.
4chan does this simply by allowing you to reference any post number even across threads AND boards. Then javascript can format the page to have inline comments or you can do it manually by following each reply.
>>Each comment can have multiple parents
Already explained above
>>All comments are easily searchable by full text and permanently archived.
Well text can be easily fully searched thanks to 4chan's json layout. Archives can be easily searched by offsite json archives like:
https://mayhemydg.github.io/archives.json/
They are by no means permanent though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.