[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What programing languages did you learn/ are learning and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sc2.jpg (845KB, 1677x1028px) Image search: [Google]
sc2.jpg
845KB, 1677x1028px
What programing languages did you learn/ are learning and why?
What goals and projects do you want to accomplish?

I'm trying to learn Supercollider myself because I wanna make abstract techno music. I'm surprised there are so many here learning regular languages but hardly anyone learning audio oriented ones.
>>
>>59784230

for what???

With all the bazillion vst plugins out there (many of them free) what kind of sounds could you possibly be missing that you couldn't conjure up using one or a couple of vsts?

I ask as one who makes Techno of the minimal and Detroit varieties.
>>
>>59784471
i wanna learn to make algorithmic compositions like Autechre does and mess about with stuff in real time. what DAW do you use?
>>
>>59784230
I've been playing around with learning x64 assembly because I want to know more about what goes on under the hood and all it's subtle nuances of what's under the hood more than hand waving magic.
And maybe after that I might try to apply what I learned to learning more about something like RE.
>>
>>59784230
Why not use Max/MSP instead?

I'm learning C, C++, C# and IA-32 assembly.

I want to write game bots.
>>
>>59784828
I couldn't find as good of resources for learning Max/MSP online as i could for supercollider, or at least stuff i understand i guess. I have a pirate copy of Max5 but dont know how to do anything yet.

Tbh i might have to end up buying some books or something for Max/MSP cause I'm not sure if Ill be able to figure out what I want in Supercollider.
>>
>>59784903
There's this book:
https://leanpub.com/Max-for-Live-Ultimate-Zen-Guide

Maybe you can find it online.
>>
>>59784946
thanks might be worth checking out though the version of Max I have doesnt have the 'for Live' features cause it's outdated.
>>
>>59784729

I flip back and forth between FL Studio and Sonar 8, but have been playing with Reaper more lately.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.