[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prgraming tips????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hd-wallpaper-29zo7d6.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hd-wallpaper-29zo7d6.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
Hey I learn to programing right now and I want to asked if you have some tips for me? (programing language Java)
>>
>>59783113
>java

don't use that shit

C + Go + JavaScript is literally all you need. Do mostly everything in Go, and use C for high performance part. Javascript will be useful for integrating your program with web.
>>
>>59783113
First rule, ignore everyone who don't try to encourage to keep learning what you are learning. Like >>59783169

Java is fine if there is a reason you like it, or you want to do some android apps and cross platform.. that being said Java syntax hurts my feelers.

Find some project you want to accomplish, AND STICK TO IT UNTIL IS FINISHED.
>>
>>59783444
Books> courses > youtube how to > google the solution and copy paste.
>>
>>59783444
>>59783464
These people are right

Google is your best friend when learning, there are so many free resources / video series online it's great.

My only advice is for the love of god don't take advice from /g/, most anons will just try to troll you or give you bs advice since everyone has different opinions here.

Good luck!
>>
>>59783113
Java is perfectly fine. Its fast, portable and has lots of libraries to accelerate development.
Dont listen to Go, Rust and C fags. They're trying to fool you into their meme language. Java in combination with C++ for extremely high performance modules destroy everything else in terms of functionality, versatility and speed.
>>
>>59783512
C is not a meme language.
>>
>>59783525
If you use it for anything other than MCUs then it is.
>>
Don't listen to the Debbie downers, learn java its a good language. Also you'll learn oop, and ur basically set to learn any other language.
>>
>>59783444
Why the FUCK is there no preprocessor for Java!?
>>
>>59783113
>learn programing language
same mate :3 what tut?
me: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/getStarted/application/index.html
>>
>>59783525
this. embedded systems use C.
(but when were talking about PC...)
>>
>>59783113
Use the Jetbrains Idea IDE. Eclipse is out of date. Vim is not good for people just starting out.

When the compiler gives you a ton of error messages, fix the *first* error, then compile again. Errors tend to cascade and fixing the first fixes the rest.

Don't worry about design patterns or fancy frameworks until you have a mastery of the basics.

Don't burn yourself out. You cant learn everything in one week. If you're feeling overwhelmed, go to bed and come back to it tomorrow.
>>
>>59783444
>Java is fine

It's fine if you don't care about performance, don't mind mile long class hierarchies and logic nested so deep the indentation is thicker than you're neck, and only want to maintain legacy spaghetti code for a shitty company that you will never have the chance to move up in.
>>
>>59784654
Still, Java is more performant than Python, C#, JavaScript.
>>
File: 1790675-reaction_jjj_laugh.jpg (7KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1790675-reaction_jjj_laugh.jpg
7KB, 195x195px
>>59783512
>Java
>Its fast
>>
>>59784798
>Still, Java is more performant than Python,
Only sometimes.
>C#,
No.
>JavaScript.
No.

Time at code competition sites has dispelled any myths I formerly believed about Java. Java is fucking slow. Python is a wild card because sometimes it's slow as fuck, but sometimes it's not too bad. If I were to rank the languages based on what I've seen over the past 6 months, fastest to slowest...

C
C++
C#/VB.NET*
Python using PyPy**
JavaScript
Java
Python**
Shit like Scala, Haskell

* inb4 "hurr durr VB." VB.NET compiles to the same intermediate code linked against the same framework as C#.
** Python is a real wild card. I've seen a couple instances where only C was faster. But those are my rankings based on the average case.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (24KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
24KB, 356x200px
>>59785501
To give an idea of scale with C as the baseline, I've seen the exact same algorithm take...

8x longer in C#
16x longer in JavaScript
86x longer in Java

Java is slowpoke.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.