[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard drive and OS solutions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /G/

Newfag to this board, but fuck it. I need help and while I think I have a solution I just want to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

A week ago I started receiving a "Hard Disk Error" message on my laptop. I managed to back up all of my important files but I didn't clone the drive.

Taking this as a sign of opportunity, I decided to upgrade to an SSD and managed to score a decent one on the cheap.

Here's the fucking kicker though: I don't have an OS installer. I will admit that I'm a lazy fuckbag because I haven't bothered to learn how to Linux, I don't have my Win8 install disk but for some reason I still have the sleeve the disk came in and what I think are the relevant numbers, and it might not be too late to clone the drive.

I have the gear for treating an internal drive as an external, so one of my possible solutions would be to clone the drive as an external then copy the image over to the new SSD.

Or I could find some way to torrent Win8.

Or I could nut up and find some way of downloading and installing Linux on the new SSD (which will probably never happen but just thought I'd say it in a desparate attemtp to make you happy).

Any advice?
>>
>>59777993
Did you try to find the iso on microsoft's website? you know you can still upgrade to win10 for free prob right?
>>
>>59778013
Is it just the upgrade or the full installer that's free?
>>
You can download the full Windows 10 ISO on Microsoft's website and you don't even need a key to install it. You can activate it later.
>>
>>59777993
install gentoo
>>
>>59777993
>buying cheap ssds
KEK
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.