[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 46

File: 1487036348086.jpg (168KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1487036348086.jpg
168KB, 1600x1067px
Previous thread: >>59762138

Richard Stallman Edition!
>>
Is Cloudflare okay for just hosting your dns zone file and not proxying anything? Or is it still a MiTM?
>>
I'll try to make this brief:

I have a Hori Game Controller I want to use to play games on my PC. Some games don't recognize it, some games recognize some of the buttons, and some recognize it totally.

Okay, so my solution is just, fuck native controller support I'll just use JoyToKey for everything. Except for some of the games that can partially detect buttons and causes conflict with Joytokey

Is there a way to have my controller not be recognized by games, or to completely emulate it as a Xinput so I can have a uniform setup for all games

This probably made little sense, sorry
>>
if i write this "while (i < sqrt(n))" in c++ (n never changes)
will it solve "sqrt(n)" every loop?
>>
are ps/2 port keyboards any different form ones that connect through usb?
>>
>>59776091
Did a quick Google search and found this.
http://www.x360ce.com/
Give it a try, it could work.
Let me know if it works or not.

>>59776211
Not at all, same thing.
>>
>>59776263
I tried this as well as xpadder.

The problem is the game that Im trying to play natively recognizes one of my controllers buttons as the "back" button, and cannot be changed. So when I press the button 4 and it does a double input with what my emulator program (x360ce/joytokey/xpadder) says, and what the game natively reads it as

I wish there was a simple way to just tell the game "dont pay attention to the controller at all", let joytokey handle all that shit.
>>
>>59776313
http://wiretuts.com/how-to-use-x360ce-emulator-with-pc-games/

Did you try this?

Sucks man, have you considered buying a new controller? An Xbox One controller is pretty cheap.
>>
Is there a free as in freedom analytics tool I can use on my website to get information about where in the world people are visiting and shit?
>>
>>59776328
I do have an x360 controller, though the dpad leaves much to be desired. The one I have (Hori Turbo 3) is damn near perfectly ergonomic

I'd rather the controller just not be recognized that way I can emulate it fully, or it be fully recognized so I can just use it normally

since it's stuck in between it just leaves me fucked

I'll check out that site though in case I missed anything on x360ce that can help, thanks
>>
>>59776208
This would be an infinite loop. The value of n won't change after each iteration
>>
>>59776358
No problem man, and those are valid reasons to not want to use the 360 controller.

The Xbox One controller has a much better d-pad then the 360 one.
>>
Aspiring web developer working on a project for my portfolio. I'm making a library that gets all the data on a youtube video given a url (including the information needed to download them) that I'm going to stick on github, then make a basic web app that utilizes the library to provides a download of the video/audio. In order to figure out how to do this (which urls give what data and how to parse them for the data) I dissected a library of somebody who already did it on github. Now that I'm writing my own library I feel as though it is too similar to the library I gathered info from; I don't want to just copy and rehash their code but that's what it's feeling like at this point. Problem is that there isn't really any other way of doing it. What should I do?
>>
File: optane.png (358KB, 640x680px) Image search: [Google]
optane.png
358KB, 640x680px
How much faster is this Intel Optane SSD if compared with a Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO?
>>
File: 1434295497749.jpg (65KB, 918x682px) Image search: [Google]
1434295497749.jpg
65KB, 918x682px
Why is does installation wizards recommend me to close all other applications before starting to install?
>>
hey anons what do you use to get rid of all of the windows 10 spy shit, before i remember i used aegis voat but that link doesnt seem to be working anymore
any ideas?
>>
File: 1489899610338.gif (500KB, 742x655px) Image search: [Google]
1489899610338.gif
500KB, 742x655px
>>59775968

Greetings /g/,

Math student here looking for some guidance. I've read this countless times, that compilers assemble better code than humans, but I would like to see an example for a simple script. Where or how can I compare a hand assembled code for something simple like a script that sums integers from 1 to n with an automatically assembled version of it? The programming textbooks I have all seem to focus on extremely high-level concepts which is annoying since I want to start at the lowest levels and work my way up to the high-levels not the other way around. As for background, I've read Goldstine's the History of the Computer (twice), watched some walkthrough's on reading disassembled code comparing it to the hex and binary, and I have actually written some calculator scripts in python. I've even drawn a half adder diagram all by myself. Amazing, I know.

Also, I am aware that asking for help instead of figuring it out myself goes against the "programmer's ethos", and if no one wants to help that is fine because I am going to figure it out anyway, I just thought I would ask in case someone was in the mood to shed some light on how computer programs actually work. I know you're out there ;-)

Have a surface norm as my offering of gratitude.
>>
>>59776782
W10privacy
>>
File: 1490543120160.jpg (33KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1490543120160.jpg
33KB, 640x619px
How does information travel through the internet, and how are you tracked or monitered. Also is tor actually anonymous.
>>
https://shopineer.com/laptops/Acer-Aspire-E-15-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Full-HD-Notebook

Can I beat this deal? All I need to do is add more RAM. My goal is just 1080p smooth YouTube playback in Firefox, under Windows 7 or Linux, with scissor switch keys on a keyboard with a normal US layout for the main 60%, and a touchpad that won't make me hate myself.
>>
>>59776208
depends from the compiler settings/optimizations
usually the result is stored and I tried to disassemble a small program just to be sure

- if compiled with -O0 flag, yes it is calculated every time
- if compiled with -O2 flag and n is defined at compile time the call to sqrt does not even appear
- if compiled with -O2 flag and n is a volatile variable sqrt is computed every time
- for the general case I've seen only one call to sqrt, but maybe this example is too trivial
>>
How do I change system language in Antergos or any other arch based distro?
>>
What are some good vpns?
>>
>>59775968
I need a good, free VPN for my phone. It doesn't need to be great just enough to allow me to get past my school security without being plagued by pop ups
>>
does keepass uninstall itself or something when a new version is released?

I started using it a few months ago and just check it today and the folder for it was in my program files but the application was gone and the installer said that the file for the installer was missing even though I was using it from where it said it was missing.

im a bit spooked rn
>>
File: 1473029709740.jpg (14KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1473029709740.jpg
14KB, 323x323px
With 4chan X, there's the little download button to save as the original filename.

Is there a way to set the download button to save as the 4chan filename instead?
>>
I'm on Gnome 3.something. How do I make the Applications and Places button to use icons instead of text?
>>
>>59776785
Interesting question, for which I have no answer - try asking that in /dpt/
>>
File: IMG_3200.jpg (68KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3200.jpg
68KB, 512x512px
I'm currently helping my old ass uncle import his MS outlook archive file onto his new comp. I keep getting prompted for a password, but in typical boomer fashion he forgot it. Does anyone know of a way or program to bypass pst file passwords that doesn't cost any shekels?
>>
Is there a way to remove one language track of audio from an MKV file and leave everything else intact (video and subtitles) using ffmpeg in the command line?
>>
>external HDD is making clicking noises and is being really slow all of a sudden
What the fuck is going on?
>>
Why does tmp/dbus need so many data streams? Are all distros this bloated?
>>
File: hdmi.jpg (80KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hdmi.jpg
80KB, 1200x1200px
Bought pic related since my old HDMI cable broke. I can use the PS3 just fine with the TV using it, but for some reason the PC won't detect the TV.

Any ideas?
>>
Windows detects my game controller fine and the axes look normal in the controller calibration screens, howver certain games I run have the analog stick inverted for some reason (even in menus, up is down and down is up. makes no sense and I know it's not normal)

Is this a defective controller? Or is the game bugged?
>>
How can I mount a hybinated windows 8.1 hard drive in Linux?
>>
>>59777062
Your school probably blocks most vpns
>>
>>59777527
It's about to shit the bed
>>
File: Awards_04.medium.png (378KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Awards_04.medium.png
378KB, 640x426px
Is Richard a frustrated molester? It appears that way in this photo.
>>
Do torrents for windows 10 pro iso usually come with ms office or are they a separate thing?
>>
Does Gandi still show the user's real name in the whois even with whois protection on? If I don't want my name associated with a domain, would Namecheap be a better option?
>>
File: Choices.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Choices.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
OK boys and girls(male). This is where I'm at. Short and sweet, I live within 15 minutes of a Microcenter. Pic related are the deals I can get. It seems the more expensive the Ryzen CPU I buy, the more money they take off of any compatible motherboard for the bundle.

The 1700 gets me $50 off.
1700X and 1800X get me $100 off.

The difference between the 1700 and 1700X is $20 and change, so that's really a no brainer and I'm just showing it for reference. My question is this. Is the 1800X worth the extra $100 over the 1700X? Do I gain anything other than an XFR boost of 4.0ghz rather than 3.9ghz? Is the stock cooler any better?

It already looks according to reviews that the 1800X doesn't overclock any better than its 1700X/1700 brethren.

Motherboard is the Asus ROG Crosshair. I know you can't see it in the pics.
>>
>'run-parts --test /etc/cron.hourly' shows the script
>The script runs fine by itself
>Commands run in it is in cron's path
What am I missing?
>>
>move to new apartment
>its in a house and uses the owners wifi set up
>owners say they're gamers and have a good wifi set up for it
>sure whatever
>connect to it
>802.11n 2.4hgz
>2017
>wew
>oh well, should still be enough for casual gaming
>NOPE
>literally 500 ping constantly to all game servers, even those local to me in Vancouver area
>upgrade my wireless card since I've been on wired for 5 years and was using a old one out my parts bin
>no change whats so fucking ever

What the fuck do I do? This apartment is great, super cheap and super close to where I work, everything is great apart from this ungodly awful internet connection.

I'm 99% sure the issue is one of these;

1: The owners have 2 separate networks, since the SSID of the one I am on is called "wifipublic".

2: The owners have security cameras about the place which I am thinking are on the network. I bet they're killing the connection.

I need advice because I don't want to move because of the fucking internet connection but I am seriously considering it.
>>
>>59778377
edit: I suspect that for "wifipublic" they're using shit/legacy/free telecom gear, which is why it sucks, I should have mentioned.
>>
I'm using youtube-dl to grab some music

Project 46 - Stars (feat. Haley) [Monstercat Release]-BztNCFFddcI.mp3 
youtube-dl -w -i --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 --audio-quality 0 o "%(title)s.%(ext)s" --verbose youtubelinkhere.com

Here is a file output and command used, why do I get random text at the end of the name?
>>
>>59775968
How do i setup a socks5 proxy on firefox mobile
>>
>>59778377
>>59778383
talk to them about potentially getting a new router. Something with AC capabilities. Also no matter how good or bad the router is, if the internet connection and speed they're getting to the house is shit, the router won't make a difference.
>>
gnu public license v2 means I'm able to mangle the thing freely for whatever purpose right?

That I can delete every attribution and everything and use it for what ever.
What precisely does gnu public license v2 mean?
>>
How long should a disk check take for a filled up 4tb HDD? I had an errored file according to qbittorrent so I started a scan for bad sectors but it's been 3 hours and it finishes one file every 30 seconds or so.

Is that normal or could something be wrong in addition to the errored file?
>>
>>59778416
Sorry. I meant GPL V3.

Not sure whether it matters
>>
>>59778414
I'll bring it up yeah. But wireless N shouldn't be this fucking unusable. I'm 20ish feet from the router and only a wall away. I doubt a AC router would fix it if they are grogging their network down with their ~le security cameras~ despite living in a virtually crime free area.
>>
>>59778424
disk check on 4TB will take quite a while.
>>
>>59778401
Are you talking about the video ID?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/481840/removing-specific-part-of-filename-whats-after-the-second-dash-for-all-files
>>
>>59778401
That's the ID in the youtube URL.
There's no '-' before the 'o' in the '-o' option, is that just a typo here or part of the actual command you're running?
>>
• Create a Web page that displays at least 4 products and their associated prices for items in a store (the store can be a jewelry store, sports store, bakery, book store, toy store, etc. - you choose the store, the products, and their prices - you can also include images of the items).
• Use a prompt box to ask the user which product they want to order, then ask how many of that product. So two necklaces at $10.00 each is $20.00. Display the item and total on the Web Page (not an Alert box).
• Use a loop and prompt box to ask the user if they want to purchase another product (accept both upper case and lower case Y for an answer of yes).
• Once the user replies=N or n (Any other character is an error and the user is asked again for a y or n) to this last question, your code will send the variable containing the subtotal all of the merchandise to a JavaScript function.
• In the function, your code will add to the subtotal 8% sales tax. So for example - the page would display 2 necklaces at $5.00 each = $10.00 and 3 bracelets at $7.00 each = $21.00 subtotal = $27.00 Sales tax = $2.16 Total sale = $29.16 (of course make the output look like a receipt - dollar signs and two decimal places - use the toFixed(2) function used on page 120 step 6).Your code should accumulate the total in a variable and display the item purchased after each product is entered -so again an array does not need to be used.
In the function, your code will also use the shipping table below to add to the Total the shipping charge (shipping is determined BEFORE tax is added to the total - so use the subtotal to check for shipping)
>>
how do i get to a bootload screen on a sony vaio, i want to choose which usb drive partition to boot from
>>
>>59778296
Turns out sh can't into arithmetic.
>>
>>59778296
>>59778493
Well fuck, it still doesn't work. It worked wrongly a moment ago.

Cron sure is weird.
>>
File: wat is this.png (2MB, 1430x801px) Image search: [Google]
wat is this.png
2MB, 1430x801px
What is this for? TV or Internet?
>>
File: dl1.png (15KB, 1015x139px) Image search: [Google]
dl1.png
15KB, 1015x139px
>>59778453
Yeah, I'm using windows, so I am trying to find out how to remove it in the command line parameters.

youtube-dl -w -i --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 --audio-quality 0 --output "%(title)s" --verbose 

I tried this, does not seem to work.

>>59778463
there is a -o, must of forgot to update it after I copied it.
>>
>>59778566
both
>>
>>59778579
are you sure? i've never had to do a physical set up of a network because im a software cuck. I know this is the stupid questions thread but I feel like I'm being way too stupid even for here.

(if possible i'll just buy my own router/modem and set up my own hard connection to bypass my landlords garbage tier wireless N but leach off of their telecom bill still lul)
>>
>>59778493
>>59778516
Had to run 'run-parts' without '--test'. Seems obvious now, lol.
>>
File: Screenshot (95).png (1MB, 802x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (95).png
1MB, 802x1324px
Installed some new Rom on my phone.
It gives me an error No sd card found.

Try to root it, I can't as I can't get into recovery mode.

Please help
>>
>>59778905
Why are you going around installing random roms? Anyhow, it may be a fucked rom if that's the error you're getting. There's a couple fixes, but as far as i rememember many of them include formatting the sd card. Try searching the playstore for a mounter, that sometimes fixes it, but might require root. you can also root it w/o recovery mode.
>>
>>59778943
It's Ressurection Remix.
I think I can format with SP flash tool

Looking into other ways, the mounter you sugested, thanks.
How root then? All I get is shitty root apps in playstore
>>
>>59778943
nope mount tools not working, as soon as I try to enter an app it stops running, doesn't enter...
Same with the given file manager, it won't open
>>
What's a quick and easy way to convert MP4 to a .webm file, for someone that knows nothing about any sort of video conversion?
>>
>>59779275
https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
>>
What are the option to obtain internet access in the middle of nowhere/ or in case government shutdown communications?
>>
>>59779302
Will this let me set the file size / bitrate / and remove audio?

I need to take something I recorded off my phone and post it on 4chan
>>
>>59775968
do i need to go through a registrar to register a domain name? I thought i didn't need to but i dont know who to contact ICANN about it (are they the only people who look after this thing?)
>>
Im using ff Nightly and for some reason after b i restarted my browser, when i type in something to search for in the address bar, it wont search for it. It will only accept actual site addresses. How do i fix this?
>>
i want to stick things all up in my m2 slot. are there any options except storage and wifi
>>
I'm trying to write a batch file that will scan for then upscale a batch of images. I have that part done, what I need to figure out next is how to have it examine the now upscaled images, select the ones that are smaller than a 1080 resolution and move them back to the other ToDo folder to run again. It would continue this loop until there are no images left to upscale. This is what I currently have.

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/opt/someApp/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/home/user/torch/install/bin/torch-activate
. /home/user/torch/install/bin/torch-activate
cd /home/user/.Waifu2X
find /home/user/Upscaled/ToDo -name "*.png" -o -name "*.jpg" > image_list.txt
th waifu2x.lua -m noise_scale -noise_level 1 -l ./image_list.txt -o /home/user/Upscaled/Done/%s.png
# rm /home/user/Upscaled/ToDo/*.* #Disabled until I can get the rest working.
rm /home/user/.Waifu2X/image_list.txt
exit

As it sits, this works if I manually move the files around and run it time and time again.
>>
>>59775968
why does my brand new fnatic rush do this thing with the v key? its like an extra bump

https://f.lewd.se/pVcwAU_wewlad.mp4
>>
Every time I consider my

>dead battery
>finicky to the point of being unchangeable 99% of the time USB port

tablet which now can't charge because the battery has been 0% for too long, I worry someone could repair it, crack the encryption, and therefore have access to my already logged-in google accounts. I believe I've googled it before and heard it was possible, but how possible is it for someone to crack android encryption?

I read that the most likely crack method is reading hotpsots on the screen, to determine most likely keys used in passwords. I don't want to one day find my tablet gone and have my accounts compromised indefinitely. Not even only google accounts.
>>
>>59780277
In hindsight I hope I can just buy a replacement battery, open the thing up, replace battery, boot then format. If I'm paranoid enough, I should just do that. Maybe scrape the screen away anyway though so I can still use the password elsewhere...
>>
Still using a 60hz monitor despite having a very good PC since I just upgraded. What is a good monitor to get and where is a place to get a good price on it?
>>
>>59779307
hire a satellite from the chinese
>>
>>59778566
some kinda cable definitely, non dsl
>>
>>59780332
I'm just preparing for the worst.
I don't need high speed just enough to send e-mails.
>>
File: kodi-logo_thumb800.png (19KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
kodi-logo_thumb800.png
19KB, 800x450px
>>59775968
what exactly are people doing to their kodi installs that allows them to watch tv for free?
>>
>>59780339
what do you mean non dsl?
>>
Where are user profile images stored in my Xperia M5?
>>
>>59780277
Maybe change google password?
>>
What should I use to pull a disk image off a very old system (OG Pentium, 128 MB RAM, Win98SE etc)? Clonezilla would be the obvious bet, but I just get whined at with the error
>microcode: Intel CPU family 0x5 not supported
and it promptly kernel panics. I've tried a couple versions that implied support for old µarches, but no luck.
>>
>>59780386
tvaddons.ag
>>
>>59780948
Is it an IDE hard drive? Plug it in some older hardware then.
>>
>>59776211
>>59776263
USB has a higher CPU overhead. This shouldn't matter for most people.
>>
>>59780339
>non dsl
how so, it could be vdsl2
>>
>>59778600
>>59778566
That is a coaxial cable jack. That type of cable can be used for TV or internet depending on how you want it to be setup.
>>
>>59780959
The only other system I have is strictly SATA only, and for added fun the drive I'm trying to image is a SCSI unit. I suppose I could pull the controller and try to get it working on my new rig, but it's a goddamn massive pain in the dick and being able to do the imaging on the old rig would be infinitely faster and more convenient.

I do have a couple of other options I'll probably try, but I figured I'd ask here before burning some more coasters.
>>
>>59780948
Which Clonezilla ISO are you using? Some of them support non-PAE

https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/bugs/226/
>>
>>59781062
I initially tried clonezilla-live-2.2.4-12-i486 since I had that lying around, and I also tried clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i586 as per the thread you linked. Both give me shit about CPU family 0x5 not being supported and the init subsequently shitting itself.
>>
File: FIDO.png (448KB, 845x321px) Image search: [Google]
FIDO.png
448KB, 845x321px
>>59775968
Does it matter what u2f key you get, since those range from 7$ to 50$ - do the cheaper ones die more often or are less reliable regarding the security etc?
>>
>>59775992
it is routed through their servers, so obviously it is still an additional man in the middle you are adding to your chain
>>
> loading backup DVD on my laptop
> power goes out due to fucking tree limb falling on the power line
> try to eject DVD
> "please wait while we close the session so the disc can be used on other computers"
> sits there and makes whirring noises until battery dies
> fuck
> power company fixes line
> recharge laptop
> try to load DVD again
> cannot read the disk because file structure corrupt

Okay, how do I get at my data?
>>
G HELP ME

PC randomly turns on and off

when I make it to windows weird flashing squares happen

WHAT DO
>>
>>59780983
Noooo... cable. The thing that is not dsl
>>
how the fuck do i get dual monitor working on Manjaro KDE?
>>
>>59781673
Boot in safe mode or try a linux live usb to see if it's an os issue.

If it's not, start swapping out parts to test.
>>
Could somebody recommend a linux distro for my ancient computer built in 2007? I tried Ubuntu last year but it was kind of laggy. Would something like Netrunner be alright?
>>
>>59781756
removed the gpu and it fixed instantly

it's an old gtx 460

am I done? is it dead?
>>
>>59781849
You already answered your question senpai
>>
>>59781182
>it is routed through their servers
Even though you've disabled proxying (grey cloud)?

btw, is cloudflare still able to do analytics on your site without proxying (grey cloud)?
>>
>>59781867
oh shit

thanks anon
>>
Uh, red cable for + and black for - on the CMOS battery, right?
>>
>>59781835
NetBSD, OpenBSD, Haiku, AROS, ReactOS.
>>
>>59781870
they can do whatever they like, the answer you are searching for is: they don't. Also you can check if they add any analytics.
>>
>>59781835
Lubuntu. Has netbook mode and option to boot openbox
>>
File: qZ9l6cSw.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
qZ9l6cSw.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>59775968
Why is there no badusb hardware password managers? its shit easy to do and produce, but nobody is doing one?
>>
does this reader support 128 gb micro sd cards?
>>
>>59782050
forgot link http://www.e-shop.gr/transcend-ts-rdf5k-sdhc-xc-uhs1-card-reader-usb30-black-p-PER.557017
>>
What vpn you guys use on dubious public wifi?
>>
bootstrap seems to be kind of outdated. are there any new alternatives that also do the job and give that "new" look?
>>
>>59781877
Yes.
>>
>>59782075
>Using a public wifi
Don't be a normie
>>
>>59781870
>btw, is cloudflare still able to do analytics on your site without proxying (grey cloud)?
No.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171296-Why-do-my-Cloudflare-traffic-numbers-look-different-than-other-services-Google-Compete-as-well-as-my-own-log-files-
>>
>>59776339
This even runs locally if you like:
https://piwik.org/
>>
>>59775992
>Or is it still a MiTM?
As long as you don't proxy anything in your dns and have ssl set to off, then no, it's just another host for your dns like any other. The dnssec perk is nice too.

Also, don't listen to this guy:
>>59781182
>>59781885
>>
>>59775992
Your mom is a MITM
>>
>>59782394
Anon, if that were the case I wouldn't have been born. Please work on your insults.
>>
Is it safe to order a GPU on amazon? What would I do if its DOA?
>>
>>59782557
you contact the customer support and they basically always give you the money back or send a replacement product no questions asked.
if its a newer gpu they might want you to ship it back to them. they pay for the shipping of course.
amazon's customer service is literally out of this world. the last thing you should worry about is if youre going to get your money back/replacement if its DOA
>>
File: Untitled.png (93KB, 725x1737px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
93KB, 725x1737px
Is there any way for someone's skype status to change to "away" automatically? If so, when does it happen?
>>
>>59782740
I smell bullshit
>>
>>59782808
Not him, and I know the burden of proof is on that guy to prove his claims to be founded, but what evil have you observed amazon doing? I've heard horror stories of ebay always siding with the buyer, and it being so unduly unfair to try to make it as a seller since buyer scammers are rampant. Never heard anything bad about amazon.
>>
xdelta3: too many filenames: Online ...

what do? is there a better alternative to xdelta3 for making patches? I'm doing a batch patch, for a folder.
>>
>>59782808
then fuck off and buy from newegg and when you get a doa card stick it up your ass because theres nothing else you can do about it faggot
>>
>Eternal 0x00000116 BSOD after bootup that
>Error only stops after I unplug the HDMI from my AMD GPU, turn my PC off, plug it back in and turn the PC on
>Even then it still happens at random while I'm using it
Errors started last week. Google says it's either ATI drivers fucking up while it tries to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout (which I haven't updated since January) or Intel's onboard graphics drivers trying to take over and then realizing they're not being used.

I'm updating my drivers just to be sure, but I'm worried. Anybody else had this?
>>
>>59782765
it changes after 5 minutes of inactivity.
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 300x300px
Is it really tracking people's browsing history?
>>
>>59783105
Thank you so much. I don't know why the piece of shit official skype article for this doesn't mention that, fuck. I must have checked that shitty article like six times by googling my question.

Cheers. You inspired me to hit the x on the article that says the article was a piece of shit
>>
>>59783129

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/58317363
http://www.ghacks.net/2017/01/04/major-stylish-add-on-changes-in-regards-to-privacy/

This was when I first heard about it, but I forgot. I'm wondering, too. I still used it because it makes my youtube and soundcloud black.
>>
is codeacademy a good place to start learning? or if it isn't, where i should start from?
>>
File: 1490831026486.png (89KB, 679x693px) Image search: [Google]
1490831026486.png
89KB, 679x693px
>>59775968
Is really Open Source communism meme?
Why not?
>>
Is it possible to make one device on a network have bottom priority? I want to download things constantly on one PC with all of my bandwidth, but let any other device on the network have dibs when they need to use the internet.

Ideally something I can set up on DDWRT, but I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>59783201
Nobody works for free.
>>
>>59783210

Ask on reddit, only newfags here.
>>
>>59783210
QoS
>>
>>59783227
I thought that only applied to traffic types, not IPs
>>
>>59783210
>I want to download things constantly on one PC with all of my bandwidth, but let any other device on the network have dibs when they need to use the internet.
You might want to look into LEDBAT.
>>
Should I use Microsoft or Internet Explorer
>>
>>59783215
Then why code on open source?
Elaborate
>>
My Kaspersky won't update its databases. The updates goes to 100% but it still won't update them.

Everywhere online just repeats and repeats the time&date thing of the windows date. As well as the proxy settings in the networks settings of Kaspersky.
But I have triple checked all that and it does nothing. And Kaspersky still won't update.

I even downloaded the Kaspersky update utility and downloaded the update so that I could update locally offline with a local source. And it still wouldn't update.
What gives? I have never had any trouble with Kaspersky before.
>>
>>59783280
Everyone can help to fix anything, you can read code to learn how to write it.
>>
>>59783294
Install Gentoo of Fedora, you don't need Kaspersky-spyware.
>>
I'm cutting my teeth trying to make a text adventure with python. Currently I'm storing scene data in a dict, but I want to be able to refer to the player's characteristics etc. in scenes. What's the best way to this? Create a markup system and parser?
>>
>>59783240
Sounds awesome, but I'm not seeing how anyone would actually set it up on anything
>>
Is there a way to make Windows 10 stop automatically downloading apps like Facebook, Candy Crush Saga, etc?
>>
I'm looking for a laptop that I can use to either multitask porn, videos, browsing, and work extremely well or emulate Dolphin stuff fairly well (no graffix faggotry, just playable).
I'm asking here because I don't know where to find one that's Windows 8.1 at least. They're pushing Windows 10 everywhere now, and I'm not ready to deal with them updates.
>>
>>59783428

no
>>
>>59783453

acer swift 7
You are not allowed use anything but Windows 10 - Best OS ever.
>>
>>59783461
aint that some shit
>>
>>59783428
Install gentoo.
>>
>>59783503
I do on my laptop, but for my desktop I unfortunately need windows. Some googling turned up some registry edits that used to fix it but they probably don't work anymore.
>>
>>59783477
>900-1000 dollareydoos new
I remember having a ~500$ Windows 7/8 notebook that I used to passably play Paper Mario.
Go fuck yourself Bill Gates. I'll never go Windows 10 until they stop releasing updates for it. The botnet can force itself to enter more thoroughly right then.
>>
>>59783484
If you don't like it install gentoo or fedora if gentoo difficult for you(it's normal, but I reccoment switch to gentoo later).
>>
>>59783590
You retard, confess it. Normal people use Windows 10 and don't complain.
>botnet
No, it's all lie.
>>
>>59775968
Windows Search has completely stopped indexing new items. Rebuilding the index just causes it to index the same old items without adding any of the new ones, despite them being in the same directory.
I have infinitely googled this, and it just pulls up people who have somehow disabled the search service, which I haven't done.
Any help?
>>
File: noforgiveness.png (228KB, 540x541px) Image search: [Google]
noforgiveness.png
228KB, 540x541px
>>59783641
You're not getting a thousand shekels off me loser shill.
>>
>>59783684
Install Windows 10
>>59783672
It's time to reinstall Windows 10 professional
>>
>>59783611
I need windows on my desktop.

Is there a way to remove the app store and web search bs from the windows searches? Man fuck this shit I hate this OS
>>
>>59783707
>It's time to reinstall Windows 10 professional
How would that solve the problem? Sure, deleting everything solves most problems, but it's not exactly an elegant solution.
>>
>>59775968
should i ask rms about the libreboot debacle when we meet for the first time or will that just look like im trying to stir up drama?
also have you ever jerked it for a while and wondered why you havent cum only to realize you were dreaming? just happened to me lol
>>
>>59783428
Yes, but I can't really tell you how. I fucked with my Windows 10 right after I installed it, disabling all the stupid features.
I've never seen an ad or had it download anything I didn't tell it to.
Just spend some time looking at the options, famalam.
>>
>>59783338
this might be overkill idk, but you could use Jinja templating and something like Flask's render_template function. in you're template you'd have stuff like:

hey there {{ player.name }} wanna jerk it?
>>
>>59783727
It's windows-specific magic, just reinstall it and it will work properly. You must reinstall it time to time.
I guess you have too much programs on desktop.
>>
A stupid question more focused on consumerism
Gonna redo all my room, set up a 75" 4k tv and a 5.2 system along some new furniture for the pc, receiver and other things

Should I buy piece by piece
or
buy everything on one sitting?
Both options will take me a year
>>
>>59783751
>I guess you have too much programs on desktop.
That's not how anything works, though. And it's only indexing 316 items.
>>
>>59783338
>>59783749
you'd pass the dict of things you want to the render_template function to inject them into the text block template you have
>>
Sup guys.
I was having trouble with my Msi RX470 gaming X so I updated the drivers but it doesn't get to work fine again.
It all started when I choose the "default settings" to restart the vga configs.
The MSI update software says that my bios is the last available, is it possibly wrong?
My idea is update the bios manually, but I dont wanna fuck up everyhing so i'm asking.
>>
>>59783759
>4k
Stop using this term. It's 2160p. 4k refers to a resolution used by film. Nothing in the computer world actually uses it.
>>
I have a capture card, a linux box, and a set top box. What's the easiest way to control the box and stream TV on my network?
>>
>>59783759

Buy (choose everything) piece by piece.
Buy tv without receiver and speakers, but panel must be good, probably it's last thing to buy, wait, 8K tv will arrive soon.
>>
>>59783761

Did you even tried to reinstall?>>59783773
>>
>>59783787
how technically competent are you? NGINX has extremely simple methods for RTMP streams if you want something bare bones. Otherwise maybe just ffmpeg and vlc or OBS?
>>
>>59783794
Of course not, because I'm at work and I can't afford to waste 6 hours setting Windows up again. It's not like Linux, where you can just reinstall with only a minute or two of effort.
>>
>>59783838
The problem those can't control the STB, rebroadcasting what the capture card is reading isn't an issue it's the integration of the two.
>>
>>59783840
>reinstall linux in a minute
What? You can fix problem in half minute.
>>
>>59783883
If you know a solution to my problem, why didn't you just provide it instead of shitposting about reinstalling Windows?
>>
>>59780948
After a longer break and going back to tackle the problem, turns out that getting a version of Clonezilla from 2008 ended up working just fine. Figured as much.
>>
>>59783898

Reinstall Windows is only one possible solution to your problem.
You can complain to microsoft, they will tell you to do same thing.
>>
Recently the audio output from my computer becomes crackled and grainy. I know its not a problem with my headphones since they work perfectly with other devices and switching to speakers didnt solve the problem.
I have updated the sound drivers.
Is my soundcard busted? or could it be software related?
>>
>Get a 25% lifetime discount on all SSD VPS hosting plans
what does "lifetime discount" mean?
can someone explain to a non-native speaker?
>>
File: file.png (4MB, 2236x1767px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 2236x1767px
Any software that could get a bunch of rar/zip/watever full of images and resize them?

Looks like my fakku hentai depictions come in 3200p lately and my tablet can't spend 700mb for a single fucking doujin
>>
>>59783945
today it means nothing. once the company dissolves your "lifetime" anything stops.
>>
I'm thinking of hosting a public IRC logger. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59783967
ffmpeg
>>
>>59783973
so it literally means discount "for every transaction i make with them in the future"?
how can that be?
>>
>>59784007
Isn't that shit for video?
>>
>>59783979
yes
>>
>>59783919
It doesn't take 30 fucking seconds to reinstall and get Windows back to how I had it you fucking mongoloid.
Why do you even post when you're this stupid?
>>
>>59783979
use the Twisted framework and Flask or something.
>>
>>59783967
guess a basic shell one-liner will do the job.
tar | convert | tar
or even mount the archive as loopback device instead of tar piping.
>>
>>59776091
windows: x360ce
linux: xboxdrv
i've used both sucessfully on various games, using a simple chinese usb adapter with my PS2 controller (just shows up as a plain joypad, doesn't attempt to act like a ps3 controller or anything)
>>
>>59784014
go ask the company
>>
>>59776091
Just buy an xbox controller, anon. They're ~$20 max.
>>
>>59778416
>>59778429
no, there are limitations to what you can do
the GPL tries to restrict people from violating the "four freedoms" outlined in the license, basically

you'll want to actually read the license before using it
>>
>>59778566
looks like a satellite or cable connector
what it does will depend on where you live
for example, where i live satellite is mainly just certain paytv stuff, and cable is only used for internet, but in america, cable is used for tv and internet
>>
>>59779307
depends
there's satellite, or long range wifi, optical (FSO), packet radio...
>>
>>59783762
>>59783749
thanks
>>
>>59780386
i connect kodi to my emby server with their plugin
i (automatically) download shows using transmission and sonarr
>>
>>59781481
it was interruped while doing "lead out"
while it might be possible to do a raw dump of the disk with a swap trick, it'd be much easier to just make a new disc
if you were making a backup, then your data should still be on your laptop
>>
>>59779307
Like I mentioned last thread you could use parabolic antennas and get internet from a neighbor or something that is willing to lend it.
>>
>>59781680
>Noooo... cable. The thing that is not dsl
VDSL2 uses RG6 coax w/ F connectors like in the photo.
>>
>>59776358
>x360ce
Warning that there is a version of x360ce floating around that doesn't play nice with all controllers. Not sure which one but it took a long search through stream forums to find.
>>
File: bliss 4K.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bliss 4K.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Does anyone still use Windows XP here? What's a good antivirus for this OS?
>>
>>59776521
Some programs when being installed will fuck with your file association and other registry shit and it can conflict with the installation.
Most modern installers will tell you if there is a conflict and scream at you to close the application running.
>>
>>59777527
It's sayin' it's final good byes.
You didn't care for your external drive like an anemic newborn.
>>
>>59775968
My keyboard is starting to have issues with the odd character not appearing.

What should I get as a replacement keyboard?
>>
My laptop battery seems to be dying as it sometimes doesn't recognize a charge. Will it still work as long as it's plugged in constantly but the battery is dead? Wanna know if I'm on borrowed time.
>>
my oneplus one is still running stock cyanogen12.
What roms would you recommend me to switch to?
>>
File: 1491592359839.png (9KB, 203x302px) Image search: [Google]
1491592359839.png
9KB, 203x302px
>>59775968
how do i remove this from my context menu ?
i installed this shitware https://hyper.is/ and then uninstalled.
But the hyper shit won't get removed from the context menu.
Also it doesn't show up in ccleaner > tools > startup > context menu.
What do i do ?
>>
I recently started using ungoogled chrome and I have to keep updating my settings on 4chan every-time I start it how do I keep the settings between closing the browser?
>>
>>59784546
Budget?
>>
>>59784738
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>59784626
It should, as long as it's only the battery that's dying. There's a very small chance something else is dying.
>>
>>59776211
Actually there are some differences in how many keys you can press at once that could matter when you are playing splitscreen game with other people on one keyboard.
>>
>>59784902

Keyboard must have dedicated port. USB is shit for input devices.
>>
>>59784869
90% sure it's just the battery. Sometimes the plug icon over the battery disappears and it takes a few seconds to reconnect or it still shows but if you hover over it, it says "plugged in, not charging". Whenever I restart my computer, which isn't very often because I don't trust it to turn on properly every time, I get a popup telling me how my battery health is and it started saying "poor" around when this first started happening two months ago. Though it did it for a few days then, it stopped until last night and this morning.
>>
I was thinking of getting the pocketchip ( https://getchip.com/pages/pocketchip ) and using it as a little status box. Kinda like how people use magic mirrors.

Would this be the best way of doing it or would an rpi with a screen be better?
>>
I am trying to build a PC for minimal cases such as:
- internet browsan
- using spreadsheet / word processing

I think, that the most extreme case would be watching youtube 1080 vids.

Two questions:
- what is the minimum CPU I would need to handle web stuff? AFAIK some older CPUs would struggle firefor / chrome with rich sites
- I am prone to build mini-itx case. So far I see all thos "gamer" cases. Any recommendation for mini towers?
>>
>>59783967
put together something for you, didn't test it very much, ymmv (don't use it on your only copy of something)
#!/bin/bash
function comic_compress() {
case "$1" in
*.zip) dec="unzip"; comp="zip";;
*.cbz) dec="unzip"; comp="zip";;
*.rar) dec="unrar x"; comp="rar a";;
*.cbr) dec="unrar x"; comp="rar a";;
*.7z) dec="7z x" ; comp="7z a";;
*.cb7) dec="7z x" ; comp="7z a";;
esac
tempdir=$(mktemp -d)
origdir="$PWD"
filepath="$(realpath "$1")"
cd "$tempdir"
$dec "$filepath"
find . -type f -iregex '.*\.\(jpe?g\|gif\|png\)$' | parallel -j$(nproc) mogrify -resize '1280x1280\>' "{}"
$comp "$origdir"/small_$(basename "$1") *
cd "$origdir"
rm -r "$tempdir"
}

comic_compress $1

change $tempdir if you don't want it to extract into /tmp, and "1280x1280" to suit (note that this will preserve aspect ratio, it just downscales if /either/ dimention is over that specified)
>>
File: 1485696547324.png (5KB, 314x264px) Image search: [Google]
1485696547324.png
5KB, 314x264px
So i ignored the "never change a running system" mantra and ran disk cleanup, which resulted in my explorer thumbnail cache not saving anymore (every time you press F5 it resets the whole fucking current window with all the thumbs in it)

So i ran a batch file to "delete and rebuild" said cache, rebooted, problem is still persisting

I'm biting myself in the ass over this rn because i KNOW i had this exact same fucking problem in the past too but somehow i always managed to fix the cache and make it save generated thumbnails again but right now i can't recall the method for this and google has nothing either

Oh and i'm on win7 x64 btw
>>
File: suffering.jpg (27KB, 307x470px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
27KB, 307x470px
>>59775968
are asrock motherboards shit?

theyre the only ones who seem to have a decent bios for ryzen atm

pls respond
>>
>>59785109
>$comp "$origdir"/small_$(basename "$1") *
>comic_compress $1
should be;
>$comp "$origdir/small_$(basename "$1")" *
>comic_compress "$1"

always forget to test a file with spaces in the name
>>
>>59785218
haven't had any problems with the ones i've gotten
desktop i'm using now with a 2012 asrock mobo is doing fine
>>
>>59785218
>are asrock motherboards shit?

I think the hardware is alright.

But the driver package is utter garbage and full of spamware.
>>
>>59785270
i >>59785251 use mine with linux, so can't talk about what windows drivers they provide
>>
>>59776211
You can't hotplug PS/2, so if your PC is on you can't plug in your keyboard, you'll have to reboot.
>>
>>59784801
Cheap

I'm not looking to get mechanical £100s keyboard. A good cheap all rounder. I've been using a Microsoft Reclusa up till now.
>>
File: asf.jpg (35KB, 369x387px) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
35KB, 369x387px
>>59785182
>>59785182
Yeah i scoured through my old notes and it definitely had something to do with write/file permissions in the explorer thumbnail cache folder;

>.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/stopprevent-windows-7-from-deleting-thumbnail-cache/

The thing is though that all the permission settings are all already set to read only from when i fixed it back then, yet the problem of thumbnails being deleted/not saved is persisting regardless which *really* shouldn't happen as it doesn't even have the proper permission to do so

Jesus christ i hope i won't have to do a system restore because of this bullcrap
>>
Weird network problem here pls help
Wifi works but lan doesnt
Tried switching lan ports and cable but it didnt work
Happens on my laptop too so its not my pc
Thing is sometimes it work then randomly doesnt
When it doesnt it tries every min for a few seconds to work, torrent dl speed goes to like 200 kbps the slowly drops to 0 and repeats
>>
Is there any software out there that ISN'T SHIT and will scan my PC for missing drivers? I don't even need it to install any just warn me something is missing
>>
What are some sites that will host a high quality nsfw video?

I want to use the embed feature of tumblr, but the only sites I found are eroshare and pornhub but both ruin the quality
>>
>fall for the gaymer computer meme and build one with a 7th gen intel processor
>didn't know about intel drivers not suporting win 7 on their latest CPUs till I already buyed everything
>now "directdraw acceleration", "direct3d acceleration" and "agp texture acceleration" are always disabled, and I can't play a single game
fuck, I just wanted to have fun
what do I do now?
>>
>>59785357
>>59785357
https://neosmart.net/wiki/clear-thumbnails-cache/#Enable_or_disable_in_Windows_7

Group policy editor didn't work either... Fuck i'm running out of options here
>>
>>59785090
I have hard time finding proper CPU and case.
Please respond.
>>
>>59785527
>>59785357
Alright so i ran disk cleanup one more time and then just deleted all the old special permissions and then i logged off and now the thumbnails are working properly again everywhere

I guess windows explorer got confused by the old permission settings or something heh
>>
>>59775968
Is the programmer socks thing just a meme? When did it become popular?

The only purpose for them that I could think of is to prevent deep veins thrombosis.

Also, why do they have to be thigh high?
>>
File: 1458219237.gif (7KB, 476x228px) Image search: [Google]
1458219237.gif
7KB, 476x228px
>>59776785

While I can't contribute on the programming side, I can help provide a specific example of the same process in basic systems.

Consider creating your half adder diagram. Can you create the truth table for all possible inputs? Can you then create a boolean algebra equation that takes your inputs and provides an output?

If your answers to both are yes, then compare the equation you've written out to a simplified boolean equation from the karnaugh map.

While I understand it's not what you're looking for, this line of thinking is the same you're trying to achieve in your programming. I hope you'll find insight from it.
>>
File: 1488772784818.jpg (185KB, 1192x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1488772784818.jpg
185KB, 1192x1540px
What's the best way to force a different wallpaper for lockscreen on Android 5? Stock screen looks/works nice, I just want the option to swap out for another background without some fucked up bloaty garbage and I don't know why this is so difficult.
>>
>>59785721
Not sure on android 5, but the default launcher on 7, I think it's google now, asks if you want to use it on the home screen, lock screen or both when setting a wallpaper.
>>
so I have a conf file that has the structure of

define host{
use unix-host
host_name $HOSTNAME
alias $HOSTNAME
address $IP
check_command check-host-alive
}

That code block is repeated nine times each time it needs to grab the next hostname and ip from a list. How would I go about doing that in shell? The lists are just single line lists , example

apachebox1
mailbox1
otherbox1

>>
I'm building a new pc and I don't know if I should install Windows 7 or 10. I'm really concerned about the privacy issues that comes with 10. What am I loosing on if I stick to 7 ?
>>
>>59785817
don't do what this idiot did if you are sticking to 7 >>59785492
>>
>>59785817
as of now windows 7 is still being supported so it is a fine choice.

For features you are missing they can all be added with third party apps. From being required to use Windows 10 at the workplace all the features are not helpful productivity.

The best way would be just to try out win 10 in a vm or on a spare device.
>>
>>59778296
To add a touch of detail cron has a different sent of environmental variables then a user.
>>
>>59785492
dualboot it
>>
>>59785776
Yeah no such luck on 5, not a huge deal but it seems like there should be a really easy workaround. I remember trying one of the bajillion custom lockscreen things and it was a hot mess
>>
How do you set up your firewall?
Is this configuration okay?
>>
>>59785849
I'm using Ryzen so I should be fine

>>59785853
Yup, support ends in 2020 if I'm right ? That's my primary concern with seven as I don't really want to "upgrade" my computer soon.
>>
This is probably the epitome of idiocy, but...
I have been using duckduckgo because I found the bangs too convenient to properly switch to something like startpage. But I just found out about searx, and it seems that it has a "shortcuts" feature that appears to be similar to ddg's bangs...

Except I have no freaking clue how to use it. For instance, the shortcut for searching stackoverflow is "st" according to the preferences page - but how do I actually use this to directly search SO from searx? Or did I completely misunderstand how that's supposed to work?
>>
Is it possible to convert a folder to binary file? like an archive but without compression.
I know I can just set 7z compression to zero but I'm searching the faster possible method.
>>
Emacs on Windows 10? Yes or no?
If no - alternatives
>>
Best budget am4 Mobo for single gpu?
I keep reading about BIOS issues with overclocking on multiple manufacturers
>>
File: Screenshot_20170407-153450.png (119KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170407-153450.png
119KB, 1080x1920px
Should I activate HW+ in MX Player Pro?
>>
Few days ago time on my pc(win10) fucked up and is one hour behind what it should be, syncing it to windows, nist or google yields the same results
I imagine this is because of recent summer-time, but I don't want to have to manually switch my time every half a year, so any ideas how to fix the shit so it would be automatic as it was for 15 years until now ?
>>
>>59786779
Set your Time zone right.
>>
Question: Are there any free online email services that HAVEN'T been hacked yet, or should I stick with the well-known names? Looking for a new email service, obviously.
>>
>>59786886
Set your own email server
>>
>>59786835
desu don't even know what to say, before trying to fiddle with the time servers I had to turn off automatic summer time to get the right time, now I turned the other automatic time setting and chose the time zone myself + left automatic summer time and it's fine now
This was a stupid question to begin with
>>
>>59786899
If only I had the cash to do that; of course, I wouldn't necessarily be looking for a FREE email service if I wasn't a poorfag, now would I.
>>
>>59786677
Why not? Just install a good text editor along with it and you'll be fine.
>>
Any non-scam links to download WIndows 10? I've been a Linuxfag for 5 years and I've got to install Windows because of college.
>>
>>59786958
I've been reading online and there seems to be a bit of a divide on whether its actually good on windows or not. I have my linux config but struggling to make a config that works on both windows and linux completely - my powerline gets fucked and the fonts are awful.

Don't even know if its worth it in comparison to visual studio with VsVim, especially when compiling feels clunky in emacs on windows (but again, don't know if thats just because I haven't gone into enough detail or whether its just not good on windows)
>>
>>59786978
microsoft.com
I thought linuxfags should be smarter than that
Also your college should provide you with a free license, like dreamspark or something
>>
>>59786998
I looked in the downloads site and didn't see an iso anywhere.
>>
>>59787022
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 literally first link I get after googling windows 10
>>
>>59787035
Thanks. I was browsing it from a Windows pc and it redirected me automatically to the page of some download tool bs.
>>
>>59786978
You can download the windows 10 installer from Microsoft.com.
Just Google Windows 10 download
>>
File: 2017-04-07_18-15-03.png (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-07_18-15-03.png
422KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a way to change my navigation buttons using Windows Classic theme?

I'm nearly getting to the comfiest ricing possible in 7, and so far one of the only remaining things left to fix is the navigation buttons, which are still stuck in Aero.

None of the third party programs work in Classic mode.
>>
What is tecsetup.exe? I got it with a downloaded game
>>
Why xdelta3's window output cannot be logged?

xdelta3.exe -d -vfs "01.bin" "xdelta3.vcdiff" "02.bin" 1>>log.txt

It doesn't add any text to the log file but I see the output in the window.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
When booting linux the system complained with "failed to start filesystem check" on /home. I ran fsck on said partition and it did a bunch of things. Can find out if data has been corrupted? Filesystem is ext4. I have a backup from yesterday.
>>
File: vim.png (8KB, 650x410px) Image search: [Google]
vim.png
8KB, 650x410px
Are there any plugins for Sublime Text that mark the end of the file with tildes like in Vim?
>>
Want to update my tv and sound system i have 3k usd
I can get a 4K 65" and a 5.1 system
or
just a 75" 4K tv?
My viewing distance is about 4 meters
>>
>>59787234
Sit a bit closer to the TV and get the 65'' one
>>
>>59787075
>> log.txt 2>&1

Well, fuck me... this works.
>>
If I have a USB disk with two partitions, the second one being f2fs, will using something like Rufus on windows only format the first partition or is Rufus smart enough to touch the second partition as well?
>>
File: 1477470479231.png (268KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477470479231.png
268KB, 1400x1200px
>>59782979
help help
>>
I'm moving to the other side of the country by the end of the month, I'm travelling by plane, and I'd like to take my desktop with me. What's the safest, and easiest way of doing that? Can I just take it with me on the plane? Check it as luggage? Would I run the chance of it getting damaged if it was taken as luggage?
>>
How hard is it to clean a CRT monitor?

This monitor has never been cleaned in 15 years, its full of dust inside.
Also do monitors use internal batteries?
>>
If I'm given a public key (GnuPG v2 or PGP Public Key Block), and an email address, how do I send the recipient an encrypted email?

Also, what's some recommended reading for encrypting/decrypting email?
>>
where the fuck were google play books stored ?I'm obviously talking about the chrome PC app, linux to be more specific.

I'm pretty sure there's a shitty cache location since the app supports offline reading which saves the books in .epub but i can't remember where it is.
>>
>>59787639
just dismantle it and use an air compressor or some shit.

Since there have been 15 years just be careful not to get some aids or shit
>>
Is it bad to Mix RAM with different speeds and timings?
>>
>>59787216
pretty sure there are vim-like extensions for sublime, just try them out
>>
>>59787661
I use it every now and then and works, the only problem is that settings dont save.

Just felt like cleaning it since i will reuse it soon as a secondary screen.
>>
>>59787661
This.
Compressor on open air, and better use simple anti-dust respirator.
>>
>>59787676
the safest way (if i recall correctly) is to find out if your mobo has an "auto mode" for RAM.

Can't speculate anymore since i've never done it
>>
>>59787639
DO NOT open your CRT unless you know what you are doing. There are massive high voltage capacitors in there that can kill you, easily, if you do the wrong thing. There is also a vacuumed bit, which can implode. Since you asked that question, you definitely don't know shit about what you are doing.

/g/ will tell you to not be a pussy, but don't listen. Either do a lot of research beforehand, so you actually know what you are doing, or just don't mess with it.

Or, take it to a shop and have them do it. It just isn't worth the risk. It is probably true that if you just unscrew the plastic and use compressed air, you'll be fine. But there is still a significant risk if you fucking up. If you really want to do that, be sure to have it powered off for a few days before trying it, maybe then a shock won't kill you. Maybe.

If you aren't white though just open that bitch up, you'll be fine niqqa, minority magic will protect you.
>>
>new wifi connection at new house
>ping google server (8.8.8.8)
>16ms
>ookla speed test says my connection is decent too
>play any fucking game
>Literally 500 ping

What do I even do
>>
>>59787709
Well its an ASUS Z97-A so it probably does.
>>
>>59787642
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/02/17/basic-guide-pgp-linux/
>>
>>59775968
Is there a way to install a skin in foobar without losing shit like playlists, track history etc?

I started using foobar last year and I love it, but I'm kinda tired of it's basic design.
>>
>>59787732
Im kind of aware of the capacitors, the last time i opened a CRT i had help, but that was a cheap small TV not a monitor.

This is a Sony trinitron, no one does service to CRTs in my city anymore.
>>
>>59787734
Faster wifi adapter.
>>
How do I learn to program?
>>
>>59787776
Just do your research and be careful then. Or, just leave it be. Those capacitors are in the tens of kilovolts. IMO it just isn't worth it, since there isn't a problem right now.

If you really had to do something, I'd suggest turning the monitor upside down over a grate or something, and spraying dust off in from the bottom, letting it fall out. But it would probably just be better to leave it alone, you might upset the solidified layer.

Also, these capacitors will be much more powerful.
>>
>>59787929
already on a PCE-AC56
>>
Is there a difference between these two audio drivers?
>>
>>59787061
guyyyyyyyyyysssssssssss
>>
>>59787956
>How do I learn to program?
This, is there a good edX course out there and which language does it teach?
>>
Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard disk. I have made a bootable USB with Microsofts Media Tool.
Can I do the following?
>Install the new SSD
>Boot from the USB
>Install onto the SSD
>Find and download drivers
>Install them
>tell my computer to boot from the SSD from now onwards?
>>
>>59775968
Not sure If this is a question but, could someone recommend me a linux distro that is both quick to install and looks good out of the box?
>>
My wife upgraded her iPhone and I have her old 6, but I don't really need a phone. Fun things to do with it?
>inb4 give it back tyrone
I know her passcode, iCloud password, also we have sex
>>
>>59788196
yeah pretty easy, just open BIOS and assign the SSD as the boot drive

>>59788210
Ubuntu or Debian.

>>59788064
One seems to be version 6.0.1.7848
The other seems to be 6.0.1.7727
>>
>>59788230
I'm running Ubuntu. Might as well try Debian. Thanks.
>>
so i found an old imac g5, and because I don't have the install disc, I went around the computer in an attempt to clear it before selling it. After deleting a bunch of useless files, I accidentally moved one important Os file into the trash bin and reset the computer afterwords.

Now the computer is stuck in a kernel panic. Is it possible to fix it with a fire-wire cable in Target disk Mode or is it completely fucked?
>>
Will ram latencies ever improve? It seems to be the one area where there is little difference from the abslute low end, to the enthusiast end
>>
>>59788064
yeah they are different versions
one is revision 7848
the other is 7727
7727 has gone (read: bought) the WHQL certification
7848 hasn't
>>
>>59776423
Depends what kind of faster you care about. In terms of dealing with lots of tiny accesses and short queues it can be >10x faster, if tou're doing large contiguous accesses it's about half the speed.
>>
>>59783240
Thanks. That was enough to start me down the right path
>>
>>59788212
Buy yourself a nice dashboard mount and plug it into your car stereo. Suddenly you've got a voice activated (hey Siri), internet connected car stereo.
>>
File: 1489784361781.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489784361781.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
I'm trying to make a liveUSB for Fedora but their media writer utility won't run even when I try to run the .exe with admin privileges.

Did anybody else have this problem with Fedora Media Writer on Windows?
>>
>>59775968

Got a question I can't get my NMVe drive to work
I own a gigabyte z170 updated to F21 lastest Bios
it tries to boot into the drive then just fails and boots into lan made and then just gives drive errors

I did a perfect clone of my sata SSD onto my NVMe drive even set a MBR basic partion and its still wount work.
uggghhh why isn't it working?

I think something maybe wrong it bios and never really tinker with a UEFI bios before other than fan speeds.

I have set it to UEFI mode for the HDD's and SATA SSD i have.
also the PCI-E lanes for sata ports 1 and 2 got disabled when I installed the NVMe SSD is this normal?
>>
I want to buy a new GPU. My main focus is rendering, but I also want to play some games (mainly the Dark Souls series). I've been thinking about getting the GTX 1050. I live in Brazil so the taxes on computer hardware are really high, so I can't afford a top notch video card.

Do you people think this card is good or is there any other that stands better for my goals?
>>
>>59788951
Rufus.
>>
>>59781673
GPU is on the way out or you have a bad driver.

but if you pc is turning off your PSU could die soon in fact I think that is the case.
its susgesting youe PC is not getting enough junice to power your machine.

the best i can say is get another PSU.
>>
I just noticed that if you open the profile pic of an instagram account in a new tab, it has a facebook favicon and a url with a few long strings of numbers. Can I use any of these numbers to determine someone's associated facebook account?
>>
>>59789036
>set a MBR basic partion
>have set it to UEFI mode for the HDD's and SATA SSD
wut
>>
>>59789040
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html
>>
Alright /g/, got a problem that might just be something stupid.

I have an HP Laptop and recently the fan has been running nonstop. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, save for a few things:
>Despite the constant blowing, no air is coming out of the vent
>Performance has taken a hit for no apparent reason, CCleaner and Avira found nothing wrong, defragging did nothing
>Computer temperature is totally normal.

At first i thought it was dust until i noticed Enter the Gungeon chugging along like i'm trying to run it on a smartphone. Any ideas?
>>
>>59789091
the option covers all storage sadly.
>>
How would I play a youtube playlist backwards?
Some channels don't make them properly so if there's a letsplay or a multipart talk, they stary of the last video and play to the first, which naturally doesn't make sense.
>>
>>59786928
ProtonMail.
>>
>>59789150
Lets try this again. Why are you trying to UEFI+MBR?
>>
>>>/qa/ has been frozen like the merged boards were once the April Fool's joke was over. /mo/ is still frozen, but the other merged boards were deleted (full list with hyperlinks before they were broken is here: >>>/qa/1202839)

Is /qa/ going to be deleted because mods were tired of ponyfag spam from /mlpol/ being deleted? It seems like the only conclusion to draw and i don't know where else to see discussion on this. Except the irc but can't mods just communicate publicly man...
>>
>>59789505
goddamn it didn't realize this was page 9 in an autosaging thread, lemme repost in the next one
>>
never mind it's the only "sqt" on he catalog
>>
>>59789257
>swiss-based email
>CERN/MIT scientists involved
>encrypted
>free
>anonymous
Nice, thanks anon!
>>
Wait is Unity abandonware DE the same unity as the game engine thing?
>>
What's a nice customisable android launcher, like Nova, that is open source? Preferably from f droid.
>>
>>59789672
Not sure if this is bait, but they're totally unrelated
>>
>>59789790
But they have the same name? Which came out first?wwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>59789746
None, nova is the only good launcher
>>
>>59775968
Best free DVD Ripper on Windows? Do I just stick to VLC?
>>
What programs are good for making gifs/webms?
>>
File: GitS 99 fps 3 MB.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GitS 99 fps 3 MB.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>59790201
webmcam and webmconverter
>>
File: Untitled.png (30KB, 777x526px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
30KB, 777x526px
>>59790201
I use ffmpeg, but my biggest complaint is it's really rough- you can only cut to the closest second, as far as I can tell. So my webms of short scenes tend to have an added extra frame of an unwanted camera change, or are slightly too short, sometimes.

ffmpeg is a single .exe you open in cmd, and an anon gave me the following command (pic related) to use as a rec, if you fancy it:

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -ss 00:02:45 -t 00:01:30 -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 21 -c:a aac -b:a 192k -map_metadata -1 output.mp4

I believe 4chan only supports VP8 webms, where ffmpeg defaults to VP9. I don't know how to change to VP8, but you have to remove audio, anyway, which when I tried to do I failed...
>>
>>59785643

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. It is "what I am looking for" as long as it is related, which it is. I'm not strict about getting free advice. Beggars can't be choosers :) Karnaugh maps are on my to-do list. I have indeed learned how to prove validity and consistency with truth tables for small arguments before I knew any math. I would fill in the proof tables in excel, but feel dissatisfied not knowing how to write them automatically, since I knew programming existed at least, and it seems like it was something that should be "naturally" programmable since it could all be represented discretely in a spreadsheet. I understand that the larger the argument the longer it takes to prove because of the huge number of truth assignment combinations. Since asking I've downloaded a bunch of lecture notes on getting started with ASM and Intel's Manuals for x86. It seems like there is a huge gap between what is taught in computer programming courses and computer engineering courses. Why is this? Why wouldn't knowing how the tool you are using works before using it be essential to using the tool? I find it very strange the order in which computer science is taught. high to low seems so backwards. Why not make everyone start with circuits and voltage manipulation?
>>
>>59790230
Nothing gets me more upset at movies than using angles in place of actual action and movement.
Cut so much of the entire shot that I'm not even sure it's in the same scene.
>>
>>59790285
>>59790285
>>59790285
New Thread
>>
>>59790281
i only opened the webm to see skintight tiddies and covered navel n shit, but the autistic director clearly doesn't care for it and moves attention literally anywhere else
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.