[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile App Development Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm making a messaging app on iOS and want to send the user notifications when they receive a message even if the app is in the background. Would I have to initiate the setMinimumBackgroundFetchInterval to a few seconds? Would that be too draining on the battery to constantly perform checks with this method? Are there any other methods I should look into to perform this function?

Also, general mobile app development thread.
>>
>>59775555
Look into push notifications
>>
>>59775555
Why there's no waifu app on the Play Store / App Store ?
>>
>>59775602
I'm fine with notifications. They work while the app is running but not when it's in the background so I'm trying to figure out a way of being able to read a change in my database to trigger a notification function to be ran.
>>
>>59775617
You should make it and sell it for $4.99. You'll make some serious neet bucks.
>>
>>59775620
I don't know anything about IOS but in Android you register the app to receive broadcasts when a push notification is sent. Polling a server every second for a messaging service would be terrible for battery life
>>
Not exactly related to the actual point, but, if i want to have a job in the future related to the development of android distribution and android related stuff, which college/university course should i apply too?
>>
>>59775642
I'm not trying to receive a broadcast. I want a notification to be presented to a user when another user messages them.

I use Google's Firebase database API to listen to any changes made to a specific portion where the messages are recorded. When a new message is added, it triggers a local notification on the user's device.

I'm fine with how notifications work, I'm just having trouble keeping the application listening and running functions while in the background.
>>
>>59775555
I'm using Clover to read this thread and after seeing its beautiful sourcecode on github it makes me want to give up and cry. Someone give me motivation, are my standards too high or is it actually easy to make something like this if I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>59775663
Udacity android dev nanodegree
>>
>>59775663
Take Android Dev classes to know how everything works. Then Google what languages are used to make Android Distros and learn those too. Data Patterns and Runtime Optimization would also be needed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.