[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone actually work in a startup or san francisco? what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: startup_mecca.jpg (173KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
startup_mecca.jpg
173KB, 800x600px
does anyone actually work in a startup or san francisco? what is the culture like?
>>
isn't sf full of advertising "technology" companies?
>>
I used to work in a place you can (barely) see from that photo

greatest job I've ever had
>>
>>59761416
what did you do
>>
>>59761465
sucked cock for $5 in the castro
>>
>>59761465
made 20 minute-long pourover coffees
>>
>>59761465
used to work on the historic ships at the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park.
Kids would come for an over-night excursion kind of thing and we would act out the day of the average age-of-sail-era sailor
it was so fun.
>>
>>59761381
I turned down a job at stubhub in SF because it was a contractor job and the pay was shit.
>>
>>59761381
>lets ask about the faggot states faggot city
>on the tech board!
smart OP, real fucking smart.
>>
File: super_fun_time.jpg (51KB, 490x316px) Image search: [Google]
super_fun_time.jpg
51KB, 490x316px
>>59761595
>>
>>59761717
oh and it was also FILLED with Pajeets
>>
File: more like indie GAYMAN.jpg (245KB, 1378x778px) Image search: [Google]
more like indie GAYMAN.jpg
245KB, 1378x778px
I'm pretty sure this pic is related, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>59761727
yeah pretty much
>>
>>59761595
Shit, that sound better than all this tech shit.
>>
Bouncing off OP anyone ever work in a start up?
>>
>>59761595
Holy shit, the Balclutha?
I was one of those kids back in 5th grade
>>
>>59761793
They look like guys from NSA promotion video.
>>
You won't find them here, OP. Such people usually have outgrown /g/.
>>
>>59762617
>>59761381

Working in one in bangalore
>>
I know some people over there. Pretentious aura across the whole place. One's an art student who dropped out of university since he couldn't pay even though he was on a 50% scholarship. Currently working for advertising and addicted to coke. The other is a woman who's making decent dosh (90-100k but it's SF) doing her masters but the people are arseholes and she's in a vicious cycle of getting dumped all the time. She doesn't work at a startup but she hardly does anything. Long hours though.

I reckon that if you have talent and know your shit you'll do just fine. Find a job beforehand though, don't just go there and hope for the best.
>>
>>59767525
>go there and hope for the best
Seems like it would be pretty fun if it was NYC and 40 years ago
>>
>>59761595
Oh man I love that place. I travel to SF for work and last time I went there when I had some time to kill. Definitely going to go again sometime.
>>
Culture depends on the company, but the larger companies really are full of pajeets. I like pajeets though the ones I work with are all very friendly and smart. The ones that didn't grow up here have a really primitive sense of humor but they're good people.
>>
>>59761381
homosex everywhere
>>
>>59762617
Im a cofounder of one
>>
>>59767696
I am neet
>>
>>59762617
i work in one right now. east coast US.

tomorrow is my last day though, actually. leaving to work for a huge corporation.

it was fun for about a year but things just keep going downhill. also i never got equity i was promised. seems like a good time to jump ship.
>>
>>59767751
startup equity isn't worth the paper it's written on usually

even for a legit company you'll get diluted to hell by investment rounds and shit

getting paid to learn and fuck around with interesting new shit is fun though, every programmer should spend some time at a startup if only to appreciate a corporate job more
>>
>>59767751
NYC? I'm moving there to work in finance at a big bank, but hoping to eventually transition into the start up world.
>>
>>59767804
i know it would probably not pay out, i just felt insulted that i never got any when i was really doing some important work for them. i was also being underpaid and they showed no signs of giving me a raise. overall it was a fun time and i learned a lot, but it's time to go.

>>59767882
richmond, va. i personally would not want to live in NYC, it's too big and overpopulated.
>>
>>59767914
I didn't mind it over the summer, but I'm gonna live in Brooklyn for now. I mostly wanted to get out of the Midwest (I'm from Chicago).

How's Richmond? Eventually want to transition to an east coast city
>>
>>59767931
richmond is great. historical architecture, big enough to be on the map but small enough for traffic to not get bad, really good food, everyone is super polite and friendly. kind of a mix between southern and northern culture. my only complaint is there's a lot of poor people and A LOT of blacks. in some areas white people will feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>59768006
Sounds comfy, but would you say more poor and blacks than a typical city?

Coming from Chimpcongo you see a good amount.
>>
>>59767931
Same I'm from Lake County and I'm going to an online school based in Colorado so hopefully when I graduate the school can help me find work in CO so I can move there.
>>
>>59768059
Will county here. Fuck Illinois this state has 0 future
>>
>>59768054
there's probably more blacks here, not sure about poor people. we're making a push to get rid of section 8 housing (government aided) so that number is going down. there are just certain areas where there's mostly white people and certain areas where it's 100% blacks. stick to your area and you're fine.
>>
>>59761381
>san francisco? what is the culture like?
Just about the faggiest god damn thing one could ever imagine.
>>
>>59767931
I sure hope you're making at least 100k at your job, NYC isn't worth living in otherwise.
>>
File: google-indian.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
google-indian.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
Ask an Indian immigrant working as a SDE at Google (MTV) anything. Been here for two and a half years now.

>pic unrelated, generic smart Indian kid
>>
>>59768183
You know anyone who did Google summer of code?
>>
The Age of Sail? I did that in 5th grade. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>59761381
I do OP, its not bad, its a cyber security startup that seems to be growing fast. Not in silicon valley so it's mostly just somewhat intelligent college grads and good pay, so I'm not complaining.
>>
>>59768059
I'm from lake county, moved to Columbia, SC... A up and coming city plus Greenville is full of hipsters and tech startups.
>>
>>59768183
go back you ugly, smelly nigger
>>
>>59771331

Where do you work? I also live in Columbia and am stuck working at a crappy school. Not a lot of tech jobs here that I can find.
>>
>>59768183
You have to go back.
>>
>>59771928
I work at the McNair center and the technology incubator downtown.
>>
>>59761595
Meet any cute lolis? If you did go into detail please
>>
>>59772453
End yourself
>>
>>59772474
>2017
>not liking lolis

You're gay senpai
>>
>>59761381
>what is the culture like
>america
>culture
>>
>>59773145
food and gun obsession is culture too.

it's degenerate, but that's still culture.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.