[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D Printers are technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What is the best home 3D printer available today?
>>
>>59752324
You don't need a 3d printer.
>>
>>59752377
Is there an easier way to make dildos from the comfort of your own home?
>>
File: 1490878909295.jpg (82KB, 750x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490878909295.jpg
82KB, 750x689px
>>59752377
Is there an easier way to make random little knick knacks and untraceable plastic guns from the comfort of your own home?
>>
>>59752377
Did you mean you don't need one?
I often get people to print stuff for me, yet have no clue about printers.
I don't even know which ones work with gnu/Linux.
>>
>>59752451
that image tho, fkn priceless.

can't wait till i can download myself a car
>>
DLA printers. But at 150 dollars on average for the laser reactive resin, it's pretty fucking expensive. So you don't want the best. You want the best you can afford.

Buying prebuilt printers is expensive as fuck. I am building one powered by a raspberry pi with a cubic foot building area for less than 600 dollars. To buy a similar printer with half the features it would cost twice that at minimum.

Do you want more information?
>>
>>59752555
Yes please. Is there an easy guide to building something like that?
>>
>>59752555
Sure. When you say that you are building it, what do you mean exactly? At what level are you making the parts?
>>
>>59752697
He probably means a reprap kit that includes all the parts. It's sort of like Ikea furniture.
I got myself a delta for around 150$ that way.
>>
>>59752451
thanks for the hearty laugh anon. Saving that shit for future threads full of retards without memory
>>
>>59752677

This is the most common 3D printer. It's called a Mendel.

http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Mendel

This is the one most people start with at home. Because it's cheap, it's open source, and is capable of doing anything any other 3dprinter is.

Then you have Delta 3D printers which are pretty great, but are very difficult and finicky to dial in and get right, but once you do they are probably the fastest printer available.

Then you have the all-purpose CoreXY style build. Which can do all kinds of different machines as long as you build for them.

Ultimately, the choice is yours.
>>
>>59752697

I ordered the basic parts from sites like openbuilds like the aluminum extrusion, the stepper motors from a Chinese warehouse, and all the nuts and bolts. And then you cut the extrusion and start tapping the bolt holes and start building.

The only thing I won't build up from are things like the power supply or the lid touch display on my raspberry pi.
>>
is there a model favored by model kit builders ? I would love to print extra V fins for my gunpla
>>
>>59753100

That's more about the material used.

https://all3dp.com/best-3d-printer-filament-types-pla-abs-pet-exotic-wood-metal/
>>
>>59752461
No, I meant that the average person doesn't need one. It's a gimmick, once you print your first "le epic 3D sculpture" you'll never use it again. It's like a raspberry pi, you buy it, use it once or twice and put it in a drawer.
>>
>>59753344

I use mine all the time.

Cable looms for my desk, tie downs for my pc case, drawer handles, bag clips for chips, replacement parts for appliances, tool holders and socket organizers, peg board attachments, cabinet locks and socket plugs for baby proofing a friend's home with glow in the dark PLA. Light switch extensions for said baby that now knows how to walk and can't reach the switches to turn the lights on and off.

Just some of the shit I have done with mine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.