[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-reader suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: nook-touch-root.jpg (27KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
nook-touch-root.jpg
27KB, 400x527px
I'm trying to find an e reader that I can use to also check my emails and go on the web. I've been thinking about a nook touch, and rooting it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59751748
> run chrome
> on a 256MB device w/ eInk display
Just buy a fucking smartphone.
>>
>>59751748
I know the prs t1 runs a basic version of android(I think it was ics) and its got really nice build quality. no backlight tho.

You'll be smarter to just get a *REALLY* cheap tablet if thats all you want though. Like some $30 walmart 'hipstreat' pos.
>>
>>59751748
get a tablet, e-ink readers are only good for text based books.
>>
>>59751748
surface pro 4
>>
Just buy Kindle
>>
Get a Kobo if you want to pirate all your books. Get a Kindle if you want to get a shitload of free shitty books.
>>
>>59751748
>nook touch, and rooting it

I did this and it killed the battery life. Do no recommend. I would unroot it if I could. Rooting was a mistake and offered no benefits.
>>
>>59752696
Yeah, I'd like to read my text books and stuff on a eink because I get too distracted on a lcd if that makes sense lol

>>59752868
Can you browse the web without root?
>>
>>59753146
>Can you browse the web without root?

Browsing the web is impossible on 500mb ram
>>
kobo glo hd off ebay

/thread
>>
KOBO
O
B
O

seriously though, any kobo with a 300PPI display or better is the best reader available
>>
>>59754410
i have no idea why they discontinued that, then sold the non HD aura for even more money. what were they thinking
>>
>>59754543
probably got shit on by the paper white since it's like almost exactly the same thing, they likely had low profit margins on it and not being able to sell reasonably well they replaced it with the aura which differentiates itself from a paper white with the flush bezel and what not,
>>
>>59754650
pretty sad desu. the glo hd is maybe the best e-reader ever made

at least the aura h20 still exists
>>
>>59755764
With a Kobo can I check emails?
>>
>>59752855
You can pirate books on the Kindle just as easily as with Kobo.

>>59754543
>>59754410
Glo HD had some odd hardware/QC problems, google them.
>>
>>59756319
It has a web browser so I guess it depends on your e-mail?
>>
>>59756319

No ffs, just get a new iPad. They just released one for cheap.
>>
>>59751748
>go on the web
Don't even try to go there. E-readers are for reading text. They do that well, but that's all they do properly.
>>
I'm happy with my old Kobo Glo. If they haven't messed with the software too much I'm sure that they are still a good choice if you don't want to become stuck in Amazons ecosystem.
>>
>>59757196
>if you don't want to become stuck in Amazons ecosystem.
Why the fuck does nobody check before they spout this nonsense?

I own a Kindle but I've never bought anything digital from Amazon. I can drag and drop files on it or I can use Calibre to get nice auto-converting, it all works just like on the Kobo.

It supports fewer formats maybe but that is handled by Calibre.

Kobo is still kinda better tho. But this misinformation is really annoying.
>>
>>59757437
I was painting with too broad strokes, but for someone living in northern europe, the fact remains that I don't want to buy a device so tied to Amazon (which has very little presence here) even though you can sideload stuff with Calibre.
>>
>>59756637
>Glo HD had some odd hardware/QC problems, google them.
I don't have to google them

I have one and it has no issues whatsoever
>>
File: .....jpg (36KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
36KB, 334x400px
I bought my samsung tab 8 on sale at costoco and I love it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.