[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Write a program that serves no purpose but to trick you and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0134.jpg (541KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.jpg
541KB, 1000x667px
>Write a program that serves no purpose but to trick you and has nothing to do with your work or you will never EVER work in silicone valley

Why is this allowed? Why don't we just kill these people? They only make bubbles that ruin the country anyway
>>
You sure you're not thinking of Wall Street?
>>
>>59749988
bcus CAPITALISM
and merikah made nuff enemigos that would do this without the incentive of PROFIT
something about cocking over merikunts that just feels so right
>>
>>59749988
>I can't write a FizzBuzz
>>
>>59749988
Because they are testing logic and problem solving abilities?

The brute force way to sum all primes under two million should have been obvious.
>>
>Can't code your own kernel and compiler

How are you ever gonna get a job coding our revolutionary Tinder for Gay Dogs startup?
>>
>>59749988
>silicone valley
>>
>>59750025
Outsource it to pranjeets
>>
>write a program to convert 2 billion random roman numerals ranging between 1 and 10 billion given via a text file into integers and do it in 5 minutes on this whiteboard because otherwise you're obviously one of those fake programmers who can't do fizzbuzz
>>
>>59750202
yes, and? you mean you couldn't do that?
lol
>>
>>59750202
>spamming forced maymays
sometimes i love this place
>>
>>59750202
exit
>>
At least you are in an interview. Bullshit as it is, it's nothing compared to HR shits declining to even have one because you don't specifically mention the 20 year old version of C that nobody on the fucking planet but them uses.

>I know C, C++, C#, C faggot edition, every OOP language, every java, etc
>...Do you know C version 83948239.23941 released 1994?
>No? But I could learn it in about 15 minutes?
>Don't call us we'll call you

HR is a human virus, never really needed to exist in the first place, doesn't help anyone or do anything.
>>
>>59749988
They exist so we have a legal way to keep shitskins and women out of tech. You really want niggers and feminists writing your code?
>>
this is why IQ tests for jobs should be legal. what you can do with zero API access and zero internet access is not applicable to the job.

don't remember bubble sort? then with an IQ of 120+ you will have no problem relearning it.

note that I do remember the difference between all common sorting algorithms but that's only because I use anki to remember them along with every other little factoid that has 99% chance of not saving me any net time at all because I could just google
>>
>>59750605
>googling how to do your job
Millennials, everyone
>>
>>59750605
asking people to learn or implement something on the spot like that is fundamentally what's wrong with whiteboard tests and whatnot in the first place. if you're going to change something and leave that component in, it's like you don't even understand the premise of what's wrong.

minimize the situations where someone can choke or have a brain freeze or whatever, and utterly fail as a result. if you can't evaluate their ability to perform without these on the spot quick time events, you shouldn't be interviewing people.

you might be an adequate programmer. that doesn't mean you're suited to evaluate other programmers, or manage them, or whatever else. stay in your lane.
>>
>>59750624
what is your birth year?
>>
>>59750631
it's difficult to "choke" IQ tests. you either get it or you don't. and that's what they're essentially trying to test while not actually doing it because doing it is illegal
>>
>>59750667
IQ tests are bullshit. they're like polygraphs. no serious practitioners for whom the test claims to be relevant or informative actually rely on them, which should tell you something.
>>
>>59750021
>The brute force way to sum all primes under two million should have been obvious.
Would that suffice? I would think that's the one way they don't want you to solve it.
>>
>>59750674
no, they're the best indicators we have and people like to say they're bullshit because they don't like their result, or they like to make excuses for people who don't
>>
>>59750698
i've always been happy with my results. just like i've been happy with my GRE scores and where i ended up thanks in part to them. but i'm also conscious of their shortcomings, and if you're going to meet someone in person anyway there are plenty of ways to assess qualification that aren't retarded.
>>
>>59750631
There is nothing wrong with whiteboards. It acts as a gate enabling the interviewer to act as gatekeeper only allowing those they want in and keeping those they do not want out.
>>
>>59750730
then what do you suggest?
>>
>>59750745
if HR based their hiring decisions on measuring the distance between your eyes in the belief that people with their eyes closer together are too hostile and individualistic, then they would keep exactly who they want out with that measure.

but they wouldn't get the result they want from keeping them out because their test is bullshit. they could make more money with a better heuristic
>>
>>59749988
>Why is this allowed?

it isn't, the questions they ask you are an opportunity to show how you can think logically and how you can explain a segment of code you've written.

The questions aren't meant to be what you'll be doing, they need to know if you can adapt to changing situations so they won't give you sample questions relating to the current project.

If you need any help understanding how a workforce needs to communicate please sit in the tub and cut down, not across.
>>
>>59750692
>I would think that's the one way they don't want you to solve it.

They're looking for you to SOLVE it, and explain how it's brute with some basic knowledge of time complexity. They award extra points for creative solutions that exploit something unique about the problem.

You don't need to be a programming god, some people can't think logically through a basic solution.
>>
>>59750202
And you'd want to work for them... why?
>>
>>59750698
IQ test measure your ability to take tests. That's why it's bullshit, everyone can learn to take tests and get a good score.
>>
>>59750001
Are you having a stroke anon?
>>
>>59751297
WHY do you ASK?
don't you like the WAY i express MYSELF?
go suck A DUCK
>>
>>59751252
>t. double digit IQ
>>
>>59750780
since there are other threads with people complaining about this shit i got into this already, but basically what i said in >>59751211

pithy, short tests to evaluate people are stupid. hiring a person is basically a massive bet on them. take time to feel them out and don't be so rigid in your evaluation approach.
>>
>>59751421
>I waste my time on online IQ tests and I think I'm very bright, please notice me!
>>
>>59751498
>failing online IQ tests
These things are designed to give you an inflated IQ so that you share it with all your friends so that they will also take the test and give the site owners ad revenue. damn, how stupid do you have to be.
>>
>>59751518
>implying I have failed

Why so insecure, anon? Did you lose your job to a pajeet?
>>
>>59751366
>>59751297

you guys should pay more attention to me instead of fighting

>>59749988

ugh i can't for the life of me code something like this
>>
>>59750698
I've gotten scores between 120 and 140 and I'm pretty sure they're bullshit so there
>>
>>59750513
haha epic my /utg/ junta brother
let's also smoke lots of gay jewish weed and have lots of gay anal unprotected poz swaps and send lots of foreign aid money to yisrael
>>
>ITT: bitter NEETs
sucks to be you.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.