[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ i have tech question that you might be able to help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dell_r710.jpg (185KB, 938x725px) Image search: [Google]
dell_r710.jpg
185KB, 938x725px
Hi /g/ i have tech question that you might be able to help me with, i have computer store in Venezuela and recently started selling to different government agencies, one of these asked me for SSD's for a server they have, i have in stock Samsung EVO 850's they say they need it for a PowerEdge R710 and they need to use them in RAID 1 (Two Disks), is this possible to do with the EVOs reliably? or should i try to get them some enterprise ssd's?
>>
Government, saying we need ssds, and not saying we want XYZ specific brand and size and model. Don't lie, this is for your own server.
>>
>>59736285
>Venezuelan government
Might very well be legit
>>
>>59736285

I would post the email but that would probably get me into trouble and its in spanish, secondly, it's basically impossible to get a server here without being a richfag. Also they don't say what they need because you can't get anything here just by pointing at it (they country is basically defaulting).

Don't you think if i wanted it for my own server i would just get consumer grade ssd's? i'm asking because i need help anon.

>>59736326

Yeah they are basically asking ''WHAT CAN YOU GET US?''
>>
>>59736022
>i have computer store in Venezuela and recently started selling to different government agencies
you mean some government thugs came by and said they'd shoot you if you didn't get them some stuff they want?
>>
>>59736022
instala gentoo
>>
>>59736659

No i've been selling stuff to them for a while now, since they're the only ones that have money to pay (even if they take their time to pay).

I got some SSD's i can't sell because of price (Samsung SSD's and i want to see if they want to buy.
>>
>>59736022
They must be really low level government officials. Importing overpriced SSDs sounds like a good guiso that any chavista with contacts would take.
>>
>>59736801

The quantity doesn't make importing it worth, also they pay me in bs. not $.
>>
>>59736022
No problem, but if you use hardware raid then the OS SSD grooming won't be available. However the garbage collection on the newer chipsets are pretty good when it comes to rearranging the defragmented files.
>>
>>59736993

Thank you Anon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.