[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1485470938198.png (156KB, 688x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1485470938198.png
156KB, 688x1430px
How true is pic related?
>>
>>59734846
Since any moron can install it using the beginner's guide, it's untrue.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Beginners_Guide&oldid=79817
>>
There are plenty of folks to impatient to read. So there's truth to it.

Not an Arch fan myself, but it's not bad. Just not my thing.
>>
>>59735070
actually that's why it is true imo. People say it's unnecessarily complicated when it almost couldn't be easier considering it doesn't come with a graphical installer
>>
>>59735070
>needing a manual to install software

Begone the days of reverting back to a manual for an insta--

Arch.
>>
>>59734846
I might have installed arch had it not been towards the end of my distro hopping days. As a new linux user, excited by so much in choice and options, I hopped from distro to distro trying anything that piqued my interest. When I got to Arch, Gentoo and LFS I had become burnt out.
Back then, running an old P4 with about 2GB of RAM, two 40GB HDDs and an AGP GeForce 6200, I was all about lightweight distros.
Puppy was cool as was DSL. TinyCore was pretty neat but I gotta say SliTaz was right up there with it.
>>
>>59735816
<cont
After running the *buntu gamut, I've settled with Unity. Took some getting used to but since I don't really rice anymore, it's pretty damn comfy. Every now and then I reminisce and think back to the Compiz Cube but I have better thing to do like eating up bandwidth and shitposting on the forChins.
>>
My friend showed me arch and i loved it, thats what drew me to linux actually, but i just got lubuntu for now while i build up my haxor skills
>>
>>59734846
Not true at all. Archfags delude themselves that being called a bunch of faggots means they're jealous of arch linux.
>>
>>59734846
The truth is quite the opposite. That image implies that it is hard to attain and is good.

It is easy to install and use.

It is not very good.
>>
>>59735070
Bullshit. It's deliberately fubar'd - it's their "no girls allowed" sign on the treehouse.
>>
Arch isn't hard to install.
Easier than gentoo, and that isn't hard either since the documentation is excellent.
>>
>>59734846
Why did the fox want Arch? I see it is hung high, but other reasons?
>>
>>59735604
I am too impatient to read fully.
installed both arch and gentoo.
Everything worked, but probably had huge security holes in each.

can't remember if FF was running under root but sounds like something I would do.
>>
>>59736253
He's given up on the Apple growing on the larger tree.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.