[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Removing fucked up mouse screws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5294.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5294.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My mouse wheel has become really stiff lately and I'm trying to take my mouse apart to give it a cleaning. All the screws come out fine except for the one on the top right (I really hope this picture doesn't rotate after posting) which looks completely worn despite this being the first time even peeling the sticky feet away. The screw doesn't even have an X on it anymore, it's just a circle. I've tried using the rubber band trick for unscrewing worn out screws but that isn't working either. I have an old mouse that is the exact same one and all the screws on that are fine so it's definitely not supposed to be like this. Does anyone know how to get a fucked up screw out of a mouse? The mouse wheel is becoming unusable and I want to avoid having to buy a new one if possible especially since this one is only around three months old.
>>
>>59732850
Just buy a new one my dude
>>
>>59732850
This is why computer tech should move over to torques for longer lifespans after user servicing.
>>
>>59732850
>>
>>59733133
I don't think they make them that small. He'll probably have to get a fine metal drill bit and hope he doesn't hit the plastic threads.
>>
test
>>
>>59732850
Gigabyte doesn't want you to fix your mouse. Don't buy Gigabyte products next time.
>>
>>59732850
Wrap the screwdriver tip with some cloth/fabric that you don't use anymore. You must be really stupid to strip a scrw like that though..
>>
>>59732850
List of things to try:
>Put bluetac inside of the screwhead and unscrewing
>Filling screwhead with solder, with your screwdriver inside
>Drill out screws
>Drinking Bleach.
>>
>>59732850
Buy a new mouse? That's a $30 mouse that isn't very good anyway.
>>
File: screw.png (906KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screw.png
906KB, 1920x1080px
>>59732850
>>
>not using superior japanese industrial drivers to unbolt worn philips screws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEwVUZr5xxQ
>>
>>59732850
if I were you I would ask someone without parkinsons to help withe the screws
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.