[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me just pri-pirating this money!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Don't mind me just pri-pirating this money!
>>
>t. US government
>>
>>>/v/
>>
File: kekus_maximus.jpg (46KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
kekus_maximus.jpg
46KB, 596x628px
>>59731405
TOP KEK
>>
Why do you keep making false equivalences with copyright infringement? Currency isn't like media or software. It's not something consumed, but rather, is constantly changing hands. Moreover, while a single company might be hurt if all of its products are pirated rather than purchased, mass counterfeiting has the potential to destroy economies. Hence why copyright infringement falls mostly under civil law, while if you start printing US money, you're going to be thrown into a prison and raped.
>>
>he doesn't know that any bank can create money out of nothing.
>>
>implying I wouldn't print money if I could

Why wouldn't I if it was indistinguishable from the real deal.
>>
>>59731916

Technically they create debt out of nothing. They aren't allowed to just print currency, but what they do is create a number in a computer. When they say you have an account with $x, what they really mean is that they owe you $x. When you borrow money, what they're saying is "we owe you $x, and you owe us $x + $y."

They also have the ability to borrow cash from the federal reserve for basically no interest, so we don't get fucked if there's a run on the banks.

Since banks have to pay back all of the cash that they borrow, and since all of the money they create is supposed to be matched by more money coming back, banks siphon money out of the economy in the long run, rather than creating money. The only way they can really "create" money (which is all just shadow money anyways) is if someone borrows and defaults. They have to borrow from the federal reserve to produce the cash to pay for that, and they have to pay it back with money from interest from loans.
>>
>>59731958

If you have the right equipment, there are techniques to fool detection. But it's not exactly the wisest business to get into. The government really, REALLY will put you into a pound-you-in-the-ass federal prison if you counterfeit.
>>
>>59732028
Yeah I know. Probably would never do it but OP is comparing it to piracy which I can do undetected from my own home and create a near perfect copy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.