[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time poster here on /g/ so please be gentle Im building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1490636373211.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490636373211.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
First time poster here on /g/ so please be gentle

Im building a ryzen machine. The r5 16xx 6c12t
The new vega( im waiting for it)
And just bullshit for the rest. The problem i have is ram

Ive bought ram once. I have no idea what timings on ram are supposed to be, and all i know is that higher clock (ex: 3200) is better than low.

I know ryzen needs specific ram, and im wondering if this ram i picked would be good?

Please help, im a moron.

Gskill ripjaw v c16 ddr4-3200 2 sticks of 4gb
>>
Well I have good news and I have bad news.

The RAM you have is fine.

Whether it's good or not for Ryzen is up for debate.

I would go to each manufacturers website of the motherboard you're interested in and look at the QVL to see if your RAM will work.

I would also stick to a high end B350 Board.
>>
>>59729676
I planned to get a 350 (the sources i got my info from, said the local "amazon" clone in my country will sell r5 chips with the board, and not separated, and it will be the 350.)

Thanks for the info, im just not sure about any of the things associated with ram. I can look at gpu and cpu specs, and know what will work and what will bottleneck.

But with ram, i always just thought it was "just buy some ram" i had no idea how complex it was.

It was an error on my part
>>
>>59729760

3200mhz is a fast speedy ddr4 RAM. The problem lies in your CAS Latency or CL. It's high enough that it will be a very minor impact then say a 3200Mhz RAM CL14 RAM.

Ryzen responds well to fast speeds, regardless of CL.

But here's the good part about RAM, those numbers on the packaging are guidelines, that's just what it's guaranteed to work at. So with a little luck you can play with the timings and clock speed.

I would recommend learning more about RAM. But don't ask to be spoofed. Just google ddr4 ram overclocking and start from there.
>>
>>59729871
Thanks for the info, and the cl clarification.

After today, i will be reading more about it, and i hope to become better informed.

Assuming the ram is good with the board, im glad to know the cl16 isnt gunna impact ryzen too bad.

I also apologize if my english is subpar
>>
>>59729486
>The new vega( im waiting for it)
TOP KEK, see:
>>59729398
>>59729398
>>59729398
>>
>>59729977
I will not. Im not one to be pulled into an arguement.

I like nvidia, i like amd. Im buying amd this round cause nvidia seems lackluster.

Thats all youll get from me
>>
I have a Ryzen 1700 and have Trident 3600c16 running at 3200 c14 and it works great and as well as Ryzen scales w memory speed I'll be ready when bios supports faster. Specifically though Ryzen works with the Samsung B-Dies the best which is gskill 3600c16 and 3200c14. The kit you are talking about are Hynix Dies and unless you choose your motherboard very carefully you will likely get stuck at 2400 Or less .
>>
>>59730292
Shit, well, looks like ill be picking new ram then.

Thanks for the tip, fellow amd friend
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.