[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice about Windows 10 and Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Windows-OS-and-Linux-OS.png (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-OS-and-Linux-OS.png
174KB, 1024x768px
I want to use Linux has my main OS but windows has games, any way I can use both without having to use 2 PCs?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>59729115
Are you clinically retarded? Install ubuntu with a pen drive, install grub and then dual boot.
>>
>>59729163
SLASH MOTHAFUCKIN THREAD
>>
>>59729115
Have two hard drives. Open the case and plug in the one with the OS you want to use. The rest of the computer stays the same.
>>
>>59729163
I'm new to this. Can you explain.
>>
>>59729222
First, install windows 10. Then open up diskmgmt.msc.
Shrink your windows partition by ~25GB. Then boot from pen and during installation choose "install alongside windows".
>>
>>59729222
Install partitioning software.
Partition your windows hdd and create new partition with ext4 file system, minimum of 30gb
Download ubuntu iso
Download and install rufus
Plug in pendrive and burn ubuntu iso to usb with rufus
Reboot system
Install ubuntu
When asked to choose partition choose the ext4 partition
Ext4 partition is root
Finish installing
Open terminal
Install grub
Update grub
Reboot
Two entries now on boot screen

I aint even getting paid
>>
>>59729531
Oh, and pendrive must be 4gb minimum and you should also format it before burning image to it.

Dont mess with the autism distro, ubuntu is all you need, pajeet
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.