[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Windows 10 good for programming and network?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (2MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 3840x2400px
Is Windows 10 good for programming and network?
>>
>>59725052
Go away
>>
Shoo underage normie
begone
>>
>>59725052
sure
>>
Your moms dick
>>
>>59725052
Depends on the application.
"Programming and network" are just means to an end and are completely irrelevant on their own.
>>
>>59725052
>programming and network
"good" for programming.
"depends" for network.

For programming, Win10 has access to wide range of tools and platforms, including Windows-exclusive Visual Studio (which is unparalleled in .NET developing) and UWP/WPF.
It also has decent (but still not perfect) support for Unix environment via WSL that's seamlessly paired with the Windows environment without any sorts of VM required.
For example - you can run MySQL server under WSL but connect to localhost via Windows client.
Compared to another "has access to Unix-environment and a dedicated desktop-oriented GUI" OS, which is OSX, Windows has a much better performance under real stress and is capable of effectively using more of its available resources without shitting up the GUI thread.

As for networking - it really depends on what do you mean by "networking". It'll allow you to make a local network, VPN, PPPoE connection - whatever you need. You can make and host working web-applications on it, you can connect to shares and ftps. If that's what you want - yeah, Win10 is good for networking.
However, if it's about more precise tinkering - I can't tell you much, but it isn't really intuitive nor easily configurable.
For example. setting up peer-to-peer WiFi connection on Win7 was a rather straightforward task. Win10 not only has this functionality hidden by default but also requires specifically configured network adapter drivers to be able to use it.
>>
>>59725052
with ConEmu and Visual Studio, programming could be worse on windows.

As for network, I assume you're referring to server-type-things, which as >>59727201 said it depends on the stack you want/need.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.