[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android overtakes Windows in online usage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: windows_10_android_rom-560x420.jpg (31KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
windows_10_android_rom-560x420.jpg
31KB, 560x420px
What do you all think Windows looks like in 2023? Will Microsoft do anything innovative over the next 5-10 years?

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/03/statcounter-android-windows/
>>
There are literally 5 other threads about this.
>>
Nope. MS will double down and try to squeeze more out of the peons on Win10. Then a major data breach or similar event will happen to turn even more people off from Win10.
>>
>>59723620
>Will Microsoft do anything innovative over the next 5-10 years?
Probably not, and they don't need to.

People buy Android for personal mobile devices. It lives on innovation. New phones add new features that make people want to buy them. Mobile interfaces are fairly new and constantly changing and improving.

People buy Windows for business, productivity, and gaming. For business and productivity it mostly does better with minimal innovation and progressive feature enhancement. People want the same interface they're used to, and desktop interfaces are mature. Gaming is similarly mature. There's not very much MS can bring to it apart from improved DirectX that supports graphical enhancements on new GPUs.

Microsoft knows they're losing ground to Android at home. People are switching from desktops and laptops that run Windows, to phones and tablets that run Android. They've fought back some with Windows Mobile and Surface, but it's a losing battle. They admitted this by selling "Microsoft Edition" Samsung Galaxy S8s that run Android.

But it's not going to kill them. Desktops still kill mobile on productivity. Android can run on a desktop, but the GUI sucks for the use case, and the app selection for desktop tasks isn't good. Businesses aren't about to ditch PCs anytime soon.
>>
Ad blocker/tracking blocker plugins that have a much higher install base on PC percentage wise would potentially mess with these stats? Right?

What could be a big shift though, is if Apple and Google introduce software within the actual opertating system that lets you can create Apps, therefor cutting out the requirement for a PC.
>>
>>59723620
Why the fuck is Windows 10 literally fucking incompatible with USB?
USB ports are set to be off by default so good luck even plugging in a fucking keyboard and USB Tethering doesn't work unless you manually point out which driver to use.
>>
>>59724228
>USB ports are set to be off by default
What? I've used Windows 10 for almost a year now and I haven't experienced this. Only times it hasn't acknowledged a device I plug in is when the device/cable is broken or the USB controller driver is fucked and I need to reboot.

It does a fair job finding drivers most of the time too. Not as good or fast at it as Linux and Mac when they have an appropriate driver, but still acceptable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.