[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any GNU/Linux distribution you absolutely hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: linux.png (29KB, 440x310px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
29KB, 440x310px
Is there any GNU/Linux distribution you absolutely hate?
>>
kubuntu

disGUSTING
>>
>>59722089
Mint

Should have just made it another "Ubuntu flavor," since that's all it really is, but with their branding slapped over everything
>>
Mint and Ubuntu
>>
Ubuntu and Mint
>>
>>59722169
>>59722186
I it wasn't for Ubuntu 50% of Linux users wouldn't know what Linux is.
>>
Any variation of Ubuntu. The only saving grace of Mint was that the default DE was cinnamon, and you can just install that on something like Fedora for your best intro user G/L experience.
>>
>>59722234
Yeah, and most people nowadays first experience using a computer with Windows, so that just makes it a fukken glorious OS
>>
>>59722089
arch and gentoo
Debian, Noobuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE are fine
>>
>>59722089
Fedora.

They have so much money and they can't make the dam thing work. For fuck sake it's 2017 I expect the wifi to work out of the box REEEE
>>
arch because of all its users faggotry
>>
>>59722089
Of course not, that would be extremely stupid. Hate is completely different from "I don't really care for that one". Hating a free of cost + freedom system which nobody forces you to use would be really, really autistic. Unless of course you use "absolutely hate" like idiots use "literally", meaning that you use it wrong and really wanted to say "don't really care for that much".
>>
>>59722089
*untu
>>
>>59722145
mint > ubuntu

>>59722234
sad but true

>>59722296
>arch and gentoo
why?
>>
Pretty much all of them which is why I went back to Windows.
>>
File: debian.png (348KB, 2000x2642px) Image search: [Google]
debian.png
348KB, 2000x2642px
Debian:
force to support obsolete softwares and versions
stupid separation of lib and headers
patch everything (security bug in openssh)

Debian is the cancer killing Linux.
>>
>>59722503
too much fragmentation
>>
>>59722552
normal users don't need headers
>>
>>59722552
heh sounds like ur retarded brudder
>>
>>59722575
They don't care if the headers are present on their GNU OS.
>>
*ubuntu
mint
opensuse
>>
>>59722359
>They have so much money and they can't make the dam thing work. For fuck sake it's 2017 I expect the wifi to work out of the box REEEE

??? fedora uses stock linux kernel (or near enough), if your wifi works on other distros it should work on fedora
>>
>>59722089
Not really.
But I don't like KDE. It feels so bloat... Tried couple of times to make it work, but I like my DE's be minimal, to focus on my work rather than 'ricing' desktop.

People here hate GNOME, but it really is what fedora says on their main page:
>Focus on your code in the GNOME 3 desktop environment. GNOME is built with developer feedback and minimizes distractions, so you can concentrate on what's important.
>>
>>59722654
gnome<2 is utter shiet
>>
>>59722654
id like gnome if i could have a gapped autotiling wm extension but i don't think any of them have gaps
>>
Everyone where you have to give a shit about repositories
>>
>>59722089
All of them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.