[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a regedit to get around this bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (15KB, 404x470px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 404x470px
Is there a regedit to get around this bullshit
>>
>>59721255
google it
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 1322x761px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 1322x761px
>>59721255
Personally I just disable real-time protection.
>>
Group policies might work, or they might not, depending on your license. Even with a pro license you can't turn off the mal- and spyware.
>>
>>59721793
Most settings work on pro.
The ones that I use and I know do not work on pro are disabling the lock screen and setting telemetry level to security.
>>
>>59721255

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

this should fix it
>>
>>59721255
Install gentoo
>>
>>59721255
Install Slackware GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59721255
Just google it
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10

I'm on Win10 Home and turned mine off because it's been over a decade since I got actual malware, and it was flagging shit that I wanted and generally being a pain in the ass.
>>
command line:
services.msc
search for service and start from "automatic" to "disabled"
>>
>>59722986
Are you blind? His picture is the properties page from services.msc, and Windows 10 disables the control to stop it or change it to anything other than automatic.
>>
>>59721849
i dont see why a learning tool for down syndrome middle schoolers is going to help op
>>
>>59721255
No. Also since this is Windows 10, if you disable defender, windows update will not work. Good Luck.
>>
>>59722957
>flagging shit I wanted

average common sense 2010 user
>>
>>59723120
Exactly. Why would I want a program that never catches anything actually malicious but pops up and pesters me periodically about innocent files I intended to download?
>>
Upgrade to Windows 7
>>
>>59723143
how are you so sure they are false positive?
>>
>>59723168
They're usually either things from reputable sources, or reverse engineering tools being flagged as "hacktool" or whatever.

I look for odd processes and run Malwarebytes on-demand scans periodically.
>>
Defender aint that bad. Hasnt taken any of my cracks or kmspico. I just use defender and Malwarebytes and general common sense and boom. No viruses
>>
File: Untitled.png (71KB, 1226x677px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
71KB, 1226x677px
>>59721255
>>
>>59724164
>defender and Malwarebytes
>common sense
you can only pick one
>>
>>59721255
OOSU 10 lets you disable a bunch of shit, including Windows Defender, but I wouldn't reccomend it.
>>
Not op, but I would like to know if there is a way to delete downloaded Defender definition updates, once I disable it.
>>
My Windows 7 without retina display doesn't have this problem
>>
>>59724475
Why? Do you need a few extra MB?
>>
>>59724500
Not really, just my autismo kicking in I guess.
>>
>>59724475
Yes, there is. I don't know how bad Defender would freak out if you decide to turn it back on, though.
>>
>>59725235
>Why did you post in this thread when the second post answered the question?
Because that's notthe answer. This is: >>59724291
>>
>>59725254
second reply*

It's the same fucking thing.
>>
>>59725235
Because that answer uses Group Policy, which isn't available in Home. I posted a link to one that's a registry entry like the OP requested. It works on either home or pro.
>>
Disabling through policy is bullshit since it relies on its goodwill to stand down and you can never be sure they won't change it in the next update, and the defender itself is still there, just pretending it does nothing.
Oh and you can't just (easily) disable the service through the registry because on top of regular permissions it runs a special driver for the sole purpose of telling fuck you when you try to mess with it.
>>
1. Disable in gpedit.msc
2. Change Start property in regedit for WinDefend to 4 (Disabled) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinDefend
3. Reboot
>>
>>59725833
>Disabling through policy is bullshit since it relies on its goodwill to stand down and you can never be sure they won't change it in the next update
You could say that for any setting in any software ever.
>>
>>59724308
I pick both. So which do you choose
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.