[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer programmers may no longer be eligible for H-1B visas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: happy-pepe1474a.jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
happy-pepe1474a.jpg
8KB, 222x227px
HAHAHAHAHA GTFO, Pajeets!

https://www.axios.com/computer-programmers-may-no-longer-be-eligible-for-h-1b-visas-2342531251.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_term=technology&utm_content=textlong
>>
Stocks are up!
>>
>>59721076
American economy plummets as work is outsourced to India instead.

Atleast Pajeets were paying taxes, now the corporates reap all the benefits.

Trump is only looking out for his friends.
>>
>>59721609
pajeets only do lower level shit. companies won't actually move to india because they need skilled workers too
>>
>>59721776
So they give $100k a year to those programmers who do lower level shit?
>>
>>59721609
Software quality plummets even further in an age where you already have to load up 40MB of Javascript for basic webpage with 2 paragraphs.

Even if it does get outsourced, it won't last. Good software and good programmers are always hard to find.
>>
File: last_ned.jpg (13KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
last_ned.jpg
13KB, 257x196px
Talking about computer science, what exactly is a high-skilled (and higher-paid) professionals? And what differs then from "programmers"?
>>
Now how do we stop the collusion in the tech industry that artificially drives engineer wages down?
>>
>>59722872
>>Even if it does get outsourced, it won't last. Good software and good programmers are always hard to find.
You're committing the mistake of all the anti-outsourcing cheerleaders: Assuming that the company doing the outsourcing wants or needs quality software. Companies everywhere, large and small, see IT as a cost center. You minimize costs. You spend the very lowest amount on it that you have to to keep the profit centers working. It's why you still hear stories about ancient Windows 3.1 boxes with some custom application from 1992 running essential equipment to this day.

Sure, you can probably write much better code than Pajeet. Pajeet will cough up some barely-functional, slow piece of crap that's a pain in the ass to maintain. Management and shareholders couldn't care in the slightest, they see it as "good enough" or "not good enough", and Pajeet barely ekes into the "good enough" bracket at a lower wage than you'll deign to take.

This is why companies are willing to interview you just to say they interviewed an American so they can get Pajeet a visa.
>>
>>59722881
This.

If "pajeet" is such a low skill worker, why would you be afraid of missing a job because they outsourced it? Either you're not as skilled as you think or you're in the wrong industry.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
>>
>>59723190

I'm sorry? Did you just equate programming to ditch digging and crop picking?
>>
>>59722881
Step one: learn English.
>>
They never should have been eligible in the first place. There's a fucking surplus of programmers in the US as it is.
>>
With no H1B staff, stand by to be overrun with karlykoder hires
>>
>>59723190
Pajeet will do inferior work than me, but he will be willing to work for $25,000 a year because that is ten times as much as he would make at home.
>>
>federal diversity requirement
>forced to hire either pajeet or a woman
>pajeet can at least operate a computer
>>
>>59723361

But dem titties tho.

And no more fucking curry smell in the fucking lunchroom that permeates through the fucking building setting off bio-Hazzard warnings.
>>
>>59723238
Not op, but in some cases yes. I'm a hiring manager for a fortune 100. There's so much automation and infrastructure in our environment that involves conforming to standards and following clean repeatable build processes. Much of the daily tasks for our entry level admins, and even our mid tier guys, is truly commodity work. Most people who can read and type can learn basic cloud deployment SOPs. Even on the software side of the house, there's so much framework standardization to hold your hand... You don't have to know much programming to develop.

Not saying this is the case everywhere, but for us- we get hundreds of applicants with advanced degrees and lots of programming smarts, when really we need a jaxb ditch digger or an aws house framer. Not unskilled work, but doesn't demand a decade of expensive education and experience.

Give me pajeet who shows up 40 hours a week and keeps the lights on over Phil who gets bored and causes office drama because he's way overqualified for the job .
>>
>>59721076
FUCK YES

Microsoft is going to hurt over this because they're one of the biggest abusers of the H-1B. Imagine them having to suddenly shift to hiring American citizens at a decent wage
>>
>>59723402
This. The only downside is that you have to Febreeze Pajeet's office every once in a while.
>>
>>59723416
you say that as if they won't just shrug and not bother with the expensive Americans and do less development, since they have such a captive market.
>>
>>59723327
Posted above but there's an issue with these programmers: they say no to wages that align with the skill required for the job. I have to hold back a laugh on the regular when an entry level AWS jockey wants six figures when I've got qualified 24 year olds that are up against their student loans who will do the job for 50k. We don't use h1b, but I totally get it. American education system, and circlejerks like reddit and frankly /g lead people to believe they're worth more than the market will bear.
>>
>>59723402

Sounds like you're overselling the job and hiring the wrong people. Not Phil's fault.

That shit is fresh out of college graduate tier work, so maybe lighten up on the entry level, five years experience bull shit?
>>
>>59723437
>captive market
Idunno, maybe around the time Microshit gets shittier, a better competitor will come along and swoop up their customers. Honestly I'd like to see it. Microsoft's semi-monopoly sets low standards for commercial operating systems.
>>
>>59723489
This was literally being said 20 years ago.
>>
>>59723524
A lot has happened in 20 years. I'm looking at Google.
>>
>>59723457

And the reality is entry level work is revolving door positions. I know at Google, people come in, as fast they go out because they have Google on their resume and job hop until they're early 30s and settle in to a cushy gig with a lot of firepower on the resume but not a lot of accomplishment.

Those are jobs college grads SHOULD be doing. Not H1-B visas.
>>
>>59723077
The management taking shit code lime you describes is exactly is why Yahoo is in the shitter. It's also definitely what makes Google not shit.
Shareholders learned their lesson about trusting Pajeet with Yahoo. They don't buy stock that Pajeet pitches anymore.
>>
>>59723361

Do diversity managers see actually see pajeets as good for diversity? If so, then that completely discredits their work.
>>
File: 14912513237871.png (20KB, 1104x470px) Image search: [Google]
14912513237871.png
20KB, 1104x470px
>>59721076
>>
>>59723799

I mean diversity consultants
>>
The butthurt from google and ms will be immense.
>>
>>59723799
They shouldn't care if diversity is met.
>>
File: trump_as_hitler.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
trump_as_hitler.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
>>59721076
PAJEET BTFO!

>>59721609
SHUT THE FUCK UP SHARIA BLUE! IF IT COULD BE OUTSOURCED, IT WOULD ALREADY BE OUTSOURCED.
>>
>>59723238
I did not, can you please quote the exact line where I said that? If not, get that straw-man shit out of here
>>
>>59723474
Oh we list the jobs as truly entry level, but we do require a BS and one light cert such as the comptia garbage that any clown could cram and pass for 'full performance' positions in our department to comply with Federal regulations that protect the data we deal with.

We get the right applicants. But we also get many that don't understand why they're out of a job to begin with. Many of them either overvalue their own skills, or didn't take the opportunity to learn new ones.
>>
Shanghai is about to become a cyberpunk mega-city. Move there and learn chinese and live the life of Neuromancer.
>>
>>59723603
They should! We recruit directly from a number of universities. I handle at least one job fair a year personally. Unlike many, we actually tell prospectives up front what our entry level staff salaries are. Currently the market will bear them. Not necessarily h1b either; mentioned in another post we have zero h1b employees today in the department. But, many offer their entry level services at salaries that compete with h1b. They're not rock stars but they get the job done. In turn, keeps our costs down, and lets us offer good prices to the customer.

I'm not really arguing a point. Just trying to share my observations. I don't know how a recent CS grad is supposed to compete with a guy that came from india or China, went to night school, earned a degree, and will do the job at a cut rate because they already knew how to feed a family on a barber wage. And they're often citizens at that point.

I challenge all the college kids who want to make big bucks in CS to use their academic time to learn real computing foundations that translate across disciplines. Pajeet with his Linux+ is not going to figure out how to cross compile our bare metal software for arm without making major infrastructure changes to the build chain. I didn't mind giving that task to a college grad because it does that take a kernel wizard; but when I listed the position I got to add extra requirements and salary because it does require specialized skills!
>>
>>59724456
Does that : doesn't. Tha KS mobile ;)
>>
>>59724315
>Many of them either overvalue their own skills, or didn't take the opportunity to learn new ones.
I suspect many if not most people really, really dislike this learning things business. They want it to be over, so they fall for the line about how if they do a bit more of it in four years, they'll never have to do it again.
>>
>>59723352
Those Pajeets make 80k+ a year. I've worked for Microsoft for 12+ years they generally know their shit.
>>
lots of pajeets are citizens and those usually are the ones who aren't fucking retarded
>>
What's sad though is that computer programmers are no longer considered skilled labor. We're now just bodies.
>>
>>59724853
Unless you have a pad or masters maybe. You have your compsci phd, right pajeet?
>>
>>59724853
Should it be sad or happy? Sad that a skill is now seen as less "skillful" or happy that we're moving up in our knowledge of information that we can now call something "less skillful"
>>
>>59723402

The only legal reason to be able to use the H-1B program is if there are too many underqualified people. If Phil is overqualified, he's still qualified. You have to hire him.

And for what it's worth, if someone overqualified is applying for lower end work, is either because there isn't enough high end work, or he isn't as overqualified as you or he thinks he is.
>>
File: 1491188132625.jpg (13KB, 286x328px) Image search: [Google]
1491188132625.jpg
13KB, 286x328px
>>59721076

whose laughing now, you fucking shitskin lovers??????
>>
>>59721076
I hope this happens just to see what excuses the /v/abbies and the weaboo Arch filth in this board use to justify their unemployed status.
>>
>>59723190
LeL, fuck pajeet and fuck the rich fags that import pajeet. I'll hate the player AND the game nigger.
>>
>>59723342
Better to compete with just Karly, rather than both Karly and Pajeet.
>>
>>59723402
>>59723432
LeL fuck off cucks. How about you swamp your neighborhoods with Pajeets and Spics for the cheap labor. The US isn't your Globo-Homo-corps Economic Zone #34 where you can just mold it into the perfect Shekel center.
>>
Programming is like a common skill now and it's losing its value because learning it is so readily available
>>
>>59721076
FUCK this stupid fat american shit.

India will build its own silicone valley
>>
File: mars-hates-niggers-too.jpg (427KB, 1107x794px) Image search: [Google]
mars-hates-niggers-too.jpg
427KB, 1107x794px
>>59725184
AND GO TO SPACE
>>
>Implying Americans can fill the gap
>>
>>59725340
fuck you
>>
>>59725026

High availability of learning sources online isn't enough. Few people are disciplined enough to self-teach beyond fizzbuzz-tier material (if even that). Do you think people who complete Codecademy's python tutorial will instantly be ready to work on a 100k+ line codebase? Doubt it.

>>59725184

>silicone valley

So India will now become the hub for boobjobs? Mexico would probably be safer for that shit.
>>
>>59724911
The problem is that if someone is overqualified they will expect a higher wage. This means the company has to either pay him a higher wage or that overqualified person will refuse to work for them. The company chooses to not hire them at all.
>>
>>59725340

Patel, are you suggesting Americans couldn't do anything better than India? Aside from victim blaming gang rapes, and public dedication, and diseased water ways from dead bodies caught in flash floods.
>>
>>59723238
job hierarchy arrogance is the worse. Only difference between any job is your ability to do it and how scarce you are or how much training is required to do it well. That determines pay scale but doesn't make any job or profession any more or less important than any other. All jobs are things that need doing. If you needed a ditch dug and there wasn't anyone to do it, you'd be grabbing a shovel no matter how good of a programmer you are.
>>
>>59723190
See
>>59723077
>>
File: 1426394415514.gif (804KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1426394415514.gif
804KB, 320x180px
>>59721609
>Atleast Pajeets were paying taxes, now the corporates reap all the benefits.
>>
>>59725988

I'll make sure and tell everyone single Web developer, that helps create front and back end software, that they are nothing more than ditch diggers and should be paid commensurate.

Watch how fast they unionize.
>>
>programming is becoming a low-skill profession
>getting my masters in CS

a-am i fucked?
>>
>>59726181
No, you're investing into the main luxury of XXI century - a job. Others simply won't have it.
>>
>>59726181
step 1: never fall for a meme
step 2: no step 2 if you did step 1 right

t. fell for the IT meme, apple products meme, moto g4 plus meme among others

CS is the hot new meme, back then a few years ago it was IT. What a fucking load of shit
>>
>>59726299
>back then a few years ago it was IT. What a fucking load of shit

kek, this post...
>>
>>59726181
Still gonna need programmers that can work in 'more advanced' fields though. Like AI, robotics, systems for military on vessels, aircraft ect
>>
>getting MS in CE
>Have high undergrad GPA
>Have paid research position
>Overly qualified for internship positions I apply to
>Can't get even an interview
I'm going to be homeless, aren't I?
>>
>>59722813
Yeah. A senior programmer nowadays gets paid around 160-170k. Below 100k is pajeet-tier.
>>
File: 1448701346849.jpg (31KB, 630x405px) Image search: [Google]
1448701346849.jpg
31KB, 630x405px
>>59721609
>t. Sanjay
>>
>>59726415
What city anon? If you're not in one the tech hotspots, you should move to one. There is no issue finding programming jobs in SF, LA, or NY.
>>
>>59726415
You have to keep applying and before you blame Pajeets, same thing is happening to Pajeets who are doing their masters here
>>
>>59726415

>getting an MS in CS
>AKA the "I couldn't find a real job" degree

>Paid research position
>AKA the "I couldn't find a real job" job

>Overly qualified for internships
Yeah, keep telling yourself that buddy.
>>
>>59726527
I obviously can't. Are you retarded?
>>
>>59723402
>Give me pajeet who shows up 40 hours a week and keeps the lights on over Phil who gets bored and causes office drama because he's way overqualified for the job .

No. Fuck you. We either have a nation or we do not. If we have a nation, you hire American citizens. If the job is so fucking easy then follow this >>59723474 anon's advice and hire Americans who can do the job but won't get bored. There's plenty of them.

If we do not have a nation, if we are not a people with some loyalty to each other, then your company's profits need to be taxed at a 90% rate to help fund welfare, minimum basic income, along with all the government services that every immigrant uses.

And no, you're not leaving America WHEN (not if) that happens, because when you try to leave FedGov will gladly confiscate the company and all its US properties and holdings.

And people like me who grew up believing in "muh free markets" and "muh capitalism" won't give two shits. In fact we will be fucking cheering when gov agents take everything from you.

Get it through your fucking skull: this country is losing its middle class. If that happens, you can kiss your private property rights goodbye.
>>
>>59724592
>Those Pajeets make 80k+ a year.
Yes.

>I've worked for Microsoft for 12+ years they generally know their shit.
No.
>>
>>59723077
Out sourcing has never been about saving money, because it never turns out that way

Out sourcing has been about these countries paying off executives or getting around shitty laws/regulations
>>
>>59726696
Citizenship has nothing to do with a nation
Hiring an H1B pajeet is the same thing as hiring an American born pajeet
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.