[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving definitely to Leenux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: StandardKDE.png (490KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
StandardKDE.png
490KB, 1366x768px
Am in insane, /g/?

I've used /g/Leenux for a while for my study laptop and currently use Winblows 7 for my "fun" stuff.

I've failed an important exam recently, and in my huge intention of moving to being a more productive person, I'm interested in moving to Leenux for the sake of getting distractions away.

This means, however:
-time for moving to Krita from Photoshop
-time to move Insurgency (the only game I actually play) on it
-time to learn how the hell printers work
-time for NVidya drivers.

So. Am I the only one around here joining definitely the Leenux camp?
>>
>>59719894
If you want to be productive, don't install a throttling heap of shit with no productivity software. Any "productivity software" that lincucks has is literal trash compared to the incredible feats by Adobe, etc.

Install Windows 7 on your desktop as well. Just don't submit to the 10 botnet.
>>
No, it's just another OS. However that said:

-You may not be able to completely replace photoshop but there's WINE.
-Do your research before you buy a printer to ensure you can get a good driver. I've had good luck with Samsung, and their proprietary drivers aren't bad.
-Same with Nvidia drivers, haven't had a problem.

Not many use it every day, I do, and it works great. Games, if you play them, are a drawback but there's always shit like WINE or emulators as well.
>>
>>59719894
You'll be fine, if you install a real distro. Don't install one of those shitty "base off of another distro" distros. Install Debian, Fedora, Arch (or gentoo if you're competent enough, or slackware if you're an oldfag).

Everything else is just based off of one of the above, and usually has more bugs and less support.

>Krita
I'm a digital artist, use it daily, even used to use it on Windows. It's come a long way. Very nice.
>>
>>59720015
On second thought, maybe you shouldn't do a complete reinstall of a brand new operating system while in the middle of a semester.

Installing and getting used to a completely new operating system provides its own distractions. I did that during my freshman year (experimented with Arch, ricing, and other configurations) and rarely ever did assignments. If you're going to do a new install just make sure you don't waste any time after that.
>>
>>59719931
Krita is legit good. Wayland would fix a shitton of issues.

>>59720013
seems legit

>>59720015
I already...
*tips Fedora*

>>59720058
I failed university last year, and since then I'm pretty much a free man of sorts. Will try again this year.

Did the same with Arch, and it was bloody dumb.
>>
>>59719894
Why switch if you use photoshop. Duel boot.
>>
>>59719894
I still dual boot for a couple of old games. I use Ubuntu and Windows 7.
>>
>>59720145
Wayland is shif your use goes beyond that of a 6 year old
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.