[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mac and iOS vs PC and Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: 1488082927680.jpg (29KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1488082927680.jpg
29KB, 600x315px
/g/ I'm tired of the Mac and iOS vs PC and Android shitposting.

Let's have the debate to end all debates.

Please post objective and serious arguments that support your side of choice.

I'll start with some points I've gathered from experience and research over the years.

Mac and iOS:

PROS
>Pretty hardware.
>Reliable as fuck according to electronics reliability reports
>Stupid simple to use
>More secure than other options
>Best software/hardware customer support in the industry
>Almost rock solid stability of OS
>Amazing build quality
>Good resale value
>Supposedly the best OS for programmers

CONS
>Not as much software support as Windows and Linux
>Almost no gaymes
>Literally worst fucking choice if you want gayming
>Not user serviceable
>If something breaks then you're fucked
>Literally throw the whole fucking Motherboard out
>"Obsolete" after MAYBE 5 years if you're lucky because because lol fuck you that's why
>Hardware is shit tier for the price they expect you to pay
>Worldwide market share is tiny compared to Windows and Linux
>Mac can't run Microsoft Access and the other office applications look weird compared to the native Microsoft versions

PC and Android:

PROS
>Way more freedom with Windows and Linux
>Android has has way more customizability options and better hardware options.
>Windows is best for gayming and office applications.
>PC has way more hardware support and better hardware for less monies.
>PC can be customized to whatever you want.
>Hardware and software lasts longer and is less suceptible to planned obsolescence

CONS

>PC and Android have more security flaws.
>Can be unstable at times.
>Tech support isn't so great
>designs can be clunky and ugly compared to Macs
>Battery life can be utter shit or way better when compared to MacBooks
>Doesn't have the "cool factor" of Apple stuff

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Please post objective facts with sources to prove your arguments.

Thank you.
>>
>>59718497
This will not end well
>>
>>59718789
It will if we can have a civilized discussion about the differences between each platform. That's all I ask from the /g/entoomen
>>
mac os is fast but there is alot of basic issues that shouldnt exist.
gahnoo slash loonix is fast but its broken at its core.
windows has the most program/hardware compatibly but can be slow due to microsoft being faggots.

long story short, everything is shit.
>>
>>59718855
Thank you for your contribution to the thread, anon.
>>
>>59718931
the best way is to always use 2 OSs. if i had to use only one OS for every i'd toss my computer out of a window. on mac machine, dual boot windows. on a windows machine, dual boot whatever distro that fires up your neurons.

mobile OSs? literally all unusable.
>>
>>59719037
I get what your saying. But people like me prefer to have a unified "ecosystem" if you will. Back when I was a Mac user, I had only Apple stuff. Now that I'm no longer a Mac user, I have absolutely no Apple stuff.

And honestly, even with their flaws, I feel that mobile OS's are still useful.
>>
>>59718497
Ah well, I am bored enough.

For one, stop this PC shit. Name a specific OS, since you mentioned games let's assume it's W10. Now if we talk about specific OS for computers, the entire hardware shit doesn't belong here and only over complicates things. Also Windows and Android are too different to be in the same category. The thread started pretty bad already.

Things to add/fix:

macos/iOS:
PROs
> font rendering
>trackpad drivers

CONS:
>Literally worst fucking choice if you want gayming
Loonix is worse. MacOS tends to get official ports and iOS is best for mobile gaming.

>If something breaks then you're fucked
Just like with any other laptop/phone? It's only applicable when comparing Macs with desktops PCs.

>"Obsolete" after MAYBE 5 years if you're lucky because because lol fuck you that's why
They tend to degrade much less, hence the prices are so stable.

>>Hardware is shit tier for the price they expect you to pay
It usually is unless you buy chinkshit for phones. Their desktop/laptop hardware is competitively priced.

>Worldwide market share is tiny compared to Windows and Linux
How does it even matter? iOS gets better support. It only somewhat affects MacOS but basically everyone and their grandma got a MacOS version of their software. Sans gayms and very specific stuff.

>Mac can't run Microsoft Access and the other office applications look weird compared to the native Microsoft versions
Can't blame them for MS being shit at making their own software.

Windows/Android:

PROS:
>and better hardware options
Uhh? They have more options but hardly better ones unless it's one element like the Pixel camera and Galaxy screens.

>office applications
Office 2016 is basically identical for both.

>Hardware and software lasts longer and is less suceptible to planned obsolescence
Bullshit.

CONS:
>Doesn't have the "cool factor" of Apple stuff
Bullshit.

One big con would be either forced updates with W10 or almost none when it comes to Android.
>>
>and
>and
Look, there's no reason to go all out. I use a mac computer but would never get an iOS device.
>>
>>59718497
Both are botnets.
>>
>>59719572
Forgot to add:

MacOS/iOS
PRO:
>Continuity
>generally less pre installed bloat (but depends on manufacturer)
>store has lesser trash

CONS:
>accessories prices (though will change with USB C)
>force you to use their software for basic tasks (iTunes)
>store is full of jews who want 5 bucks for a fart app

Android:
PROS:
>Custom ROMs giving you the ability to do something about the shitty security
>easy as shit to pirate
>micro SD is often available which is great for data hoarders
>>
>>59719665
>Custom ROMs giving you the ability to do something about the shitty security
You should not expect security after unlocking your bootloader and/or rooting.
>>
>>59719572

Bullshit.

Seriously it does. Windows 10 has a little over a decade worth of support. The hardware you run it on could be something like a T460p like mine which is completely user serviceable. Not to mention my desktop is a fucking open book so I can get in there and fix anything that could go wrong. Seriously you get a lot more longevity for your buck
>>
One of the quiet benefits of OS X/iOS together is the Bonjour protocol. It allows Apple products to interact almost seamlessly.
I use Alfred to do a bunch of shit on my hackintosh and I wrote a bunch of Automator apps to do shit for me. Combine that with remote apps on iOS, and I can literally open any program, play music, start torrents, adjust volume, run shell scripts, and send my computer to sleep from my bed
>>
>>59720738
Sierra is supported by hardware from 2010, so pretty close to 10 years too (and longer than Vista or 8 for example) and iOS10 still runs on iPhone 5 from 2012, while Google dropped support N4 two years ago and N5 too after 6.0.1 (phone from 2013). Other Android manufacturers rarely give any fucks at all.

Hardware related stuff is obviously true but it's tricky to compare couple Macbooks with thousands of laptops. Most modern laptops are barely serviceable too.
>>
>>59718497
>PROS
>>Reliable as fuck according to electronics reliability reports
>>Stupid simple to use
>>More secure than other options
>>Best software/hardware customer support in the industry
>>Almost rock solid stability of OS
>>Amazing build quality
>>Supposedly the best OS for programmers
Wrong.

>Pretty hardware.
Subjective.

>Good resale value
Literally the only pro.
>>
>>59721006
>Reliable as fuck according to electronics reliability reports
>More secure than other options
>Best software/hardware customer support in the industry
These are facts. Can't just disregard them because they don't fit to your narrative.
>>
File: 1481743781464.png (23KB, 543x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481743781464.png
23KB, 543x350px
>>59721058
>t. mactoddler

>botnet literally embedded in firmware out of the factory

>utter fucking shit support that forces you to make an appointment and line up at a gay bar

>zero on-site service
>>
>>59721171
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings
+ http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/tech-support-showdown
+http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/which-laptops-are-the-most-reliable/
+http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/laptops/LaptopReliability

>zero on-site service
You mean outside replacing the shit right away?
>>
File: 1469976457951.jpg (65KB, 750x177px) Image search: [Google]
1469976457951.jpg
65KB, 750x177px
>>59721365
>ratings based more than half on "reviews", "design", and "innovation"

This is why no one takes technology illiterate mactoddlers and their paid shill sites seriously.
>>
>>59721421
>ignoring that they have the best rating for everything else
>ignoring that they actually lose points on design and innovation
Does your butthurt over some multinational tech company cloud your vision that makes reading hard or something?
>>
Apple products aren't worth it. The end
>>
>>59703034
>>
Mac a shit
>>
>>59718497
Mac and iOS no contest unless you are a PC gamer.
>>
>>59721006
Have you ever used a Mac?
>>
File: 1488718782154.jpg (264KB, 1080x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1488718782154.jpg
264KB, 1080x1370px
>>59722371
>>
>>59722379
Time stamp.
>>
>>59722379
Which model is that?
>>
OS X and BB10OS make such a great combination

OS X
>looks great, consistent UI
>has commercial application support
>UNIX
>wonderful trackpad support
>iMac + workhorse server instead of desktop + monitor is the bee's knees
BB10OS
>great looking and smooth gesture based UI
>great set of default apps (barcode/QR/NFC tag reader/writer for example)
>best mobile browser
>BlackBerry Link, can text IM people from my phone from my computer
>BlackBerry Blend, can move stuff from either device to either device
>can run Android apps
>>
>>59722379
Imo it's very well built. My brother threw mine in a backpack down a flight of stairs and it just dented and still worked, it's generally faster in web browsing and basic tasks, it can even play some older games well with the new integrated graphics, and it never gets viruses. I used to play games on my 11 inch and it was great and it wasn't a plastic windows piece of shit that literally melts. I don't a
see what's wrong with a high end self built windows PC plus a MacBook Air.
>>
>>59722512
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street iPajeet.
>>
>>59718497
mac + iPhone is for girls or faggots.

PC + android is for men.
>>
>>59722876
>defining your manliness by the phone and computer you have
Do you dream about driving a Hummer too?
>>
>>59723239
You're mistaken.
I'm not determining my manliness by the device I use.
My manliness determines the device I use.
>>
>>59723255
So your penis attracts you to Android? Jeez and I thought iOS users were the homosexuals.
>>
>>59723284
>the entirety of his manliness is his penis
wew lad you must be either a woman or a faggot because you really don't get it.

It's about how your brain works. I recommend you take a gender psychology course when you're old enough for college, and you'll learn a lot.
Men are much more interested in learning the inner workings of things and building them up from scratch, whereas women are more interested in actual function and so they don't care about things that are difficult to setup/maintain.
>>
>>59723320
So men are like children playing with their toys and opening them while women actually care about productivity and getting shit done? That's pretty sexist against men, bruv.
>>
>>59723363
not what I said at all.
Men are just focused on creating things, which is why you see so many more of them in stem fields like engineering and computer science, where they actually create things.

Women on the other hand do NOT like creating things, which is why most of them are in more abstract jobs such as marketing, HR, PR, etc.
>>
>>59723381
>changing your homescreen so it displays your waifus is creating
>using your phone like a phone and moving on to your work isn't
How hard can you twist logic?
>>
>>59723419
you're trying really hard to argue with me for some reason, and I'm not sure why.

If you assume that I am correct in saying men enjoy creating things , it should be fairly obvious that designing your own UI is in the same category.

Women, on the other hand, will simply use the default ui.
>>
>>59723444
"Creating" by making couple pointless changes to UI is the equivalent of "creating" by doodling while sitting in a meeting.
The pajeets who make your ROMs can claim that they create something, you're just procrastinating.
>>
>>59723503
they are creating something, albeit not very efficient.
Doodling during a meeting does not create anything substantial that can be used.
>>
>>59723630
>Doodling during a meeting does not create anything substantial that can be used.
Just like most custom UIs that tend to be an ergonomic nightmare that only slow down the user. If you want to use creation as argument UI is suboptimal at best, there are bits that are more fitting added by apps but they are a niche not used by most.
>>
>>59718789
fpbp
>>
>>59723741
>Just like most custom UI
false. The UI is something you will be using every time you pick up your phone, so it will be used quite frequently.

>that only slow down the user
perhaps if you are not very good at customizing your phone or computer it would slow you down, but for the rest of us it increases productivity and enjoyment.
>>
>>59723773
>but for the rest of us
Most people have no idea about ergonomics and UI design principles, why do you think Loonix UI is such a mess? Or just check the average homescreen thread.

Pretty, sure but this would go for doodles too.
>>
>>59718497
Android and PC you retarded nigger
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.