[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shows are still filmed in 1080p literally why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>shows are still filmed in 1080p

literally why
>>
>>59717116
4K is a meme and will be for a number of years. Don't even think about 8K being a thing for a long time.
>>
>>59717116
I saw this video one time that these production companies are ready for 4k but the network doesn't want to bother when most people only have 1080p TV's and they wouldn't bother wasting the bandwidth
>>
>>59717116
>he unironically bought a monitor with more than 2 million pixels
>>
My parents have their directtv box hooked up to their brand new Samsung LCD via composite cables (red, yellow, white). The cable
Box doesn't even have hdmi. They think the picture quality is fine. This is probably 80 percent of the tv watching population right now.
>>
I read that the recently released Godzilla VS. King Kong Blu-Ray has shitty quality and that Japan had a 4K TV broadcast of the movie in amazing quality. I guess they have it there. I wish they'd release that version on 4K Blu-Ray at least when the new Godzilla VS. King Kong movie comes out in 2020, but I doubt they're gonna.
>>
>>59717116
No one can tell the difference against 4k.
>>
>>59717208
yes you fucking can up until a PPI of 300 you can tell the difference fuck i hate this meme
>>
>>59717208
Not when it's 4K HDR. If you compare a 4K HDR Blu-Ray with a 1080p Blu-Ray of the same movie side-by-side, there's a noticeable color difference.
>>
>>59717235
>side-by-side
Do a blind comparative and about half the people fail to spot the 4k.
>>
>>59717253
>people are stupid so technology shouldn't advance
I hate this meme
>>
>>59717116
Studios are still paying off the equipment from the leap from SD to FHD
>>
>>59717116
I'm guessing it's a matter of cost. Those big cameras and all the other expensive equipment used to make those shows isn't exactly cheap. I'm guessing the cost for 4k cameras and editing equipment is too big for them to see it as worth the cost.

>>59717126
>4K is a meme and will be for a number of years.
You're so wrong. I am changing my 3x1080p computer monitor setup to 1440p. One down, two to go.

When I bought that 1440p I looked at two choices at $350, a 27" 1440p IPS and a 27" 4k TN panel. I went for the 1440p IPS because it's .. IPS, not TN.

If I was used to and wanted a single monitor setup then I'd probably consider a more expensive 4k IPS but since I like using a 3 monitor setup the extra cost is a lot higher.

I expect 4k to become a standard thing this year.

>>59717141
>directtv box hooked up to their brand new Samsung LCD
Story time, just because. The old man next door's TV stopped working so he went out and bought a brand new TV and asked me to hook it up. That also didn't work because it was his directtv box that had failed...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.