[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are millennial developers going to ruin technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gorshill.png (9KB, 788x146px) Image search: [Google]
gorshill.png
9KB, 788x146px
The whiny generation is starting to replace old-school good developers. All they do is complain and rant instead of appreciating bug reports and suggestions, while at the same time devoting their lives to meaningless side projects (e.g. https://github.com/gorhill/uBO-Scope).
>>
>>59716920
the problem is that the "developer market" is inflated with retarded useless bootcampers, they will never contribute to FOSS projects.

old-school developers are still there, actually there are more of them today that in any time in history before, but they make a smaller percentage of the total developers.
>>
>>59716920
Go away FUD spreading ABP shill.
>>
>>59716920
Are you retarded?
>>
>>59716936
>>59716937
Do you really trust your machines with software produced by a special snowflake that reacts like that to a logical, respectful request by a collaborator?
>>
>>59716943
Ublock origin and Umatrix works so I see no reason to use anything else.
>>
>>59716920
>waaa cater ro my special snowflake bullcrap
Fuck off
>>
>>59716943
>a logical, respectful request
Then fork it, make the change and fuck off. Wtf, you really are retarded. Did you pay gorhill any money to claim that he owes you anything?
>>
>>59716920
No, millennial users are going to ruin technology. Believe it or not, open source developers are not obliged to respond to your bug reports and feature requests. Hobbyist open source developers do it because they enjoy programming. They release their programs because they hope other people will find them useful, but most do not enjoy support and you are absolutely not entitled to any support from them. Software is being crowded with millennials like you who don't understand why hobbyist developers create open source and feel entitled to support that doesn't exist.
>>
The post doesn't even exist, OP is just baiting.
>>
>>59716937
TITS OR GTFO
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.