[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GNU is too radically left wing and their code is horrible. Some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

GNU is too radically left wing and their code is horrible. Some Kernel/low level devs should start a project to write rewrite all the software that GNU has written from scratch (c compiler, glibc, and other system tools) and release under a sensible license like MIT.
>>
How about you retards just use Windows since your shit OS isn't any more safe or secure.
>>
Personally, I think the GPL is on the right track at least, MIT licenses make it too easy for code to become proprietary; there's a specific reason why the FSF wrote the GPL the way they did and didn't make it a ``do whatever you want" license. Some of the GNU code is ridiculous though, they should adopt the OTBS style and stop adding so much bloat to trivial utilities, as well as being more open to using languages other than Lisp and C. Writing utilities in C was fine in the 1970s, as there was nothing that was more productive in efficient, but now that we have better options we should reserve C for kernels and low-level libraries and use higher-level languages where doing so will enhance productivity.
>>
>anime poster
>dumb thread/comment
>>
>>59712597
clang is looking promising
>>
File: 1491142865840s.jpg (3KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1491142865840s.jpg
3KB, 125x113px
>>59712597
>Uses manga as the OP image
>Believes that an operating system has a political affiliation
>Then complains that the operating system isn't redpilled enough
>Believes that you can change GNU simply by having knowledge about the kernel alone
>Conflates GNU with the GPL
>Then proceeds to call a license superior to an operating system
Just use Windows mate, its more your speed. Highschool is tough, you should be doing your homework instead of fucking with your PC.
>>
affero is fucking retarded though
>>
How about you use one of the BSDs genius
>>
>>59713161
>tfw to smart for BSD
>>
>>59712786
>writing OS-vital code in high level languages
this is the literal definition of when low level should be used
>>
>GNU is too radically left wing

This is a fucking horrible reason to rewrite their code, especially when it's fucking open source. If you really want to make your own "anti establishment" trump branded software that turns frogs straight, be our guest, but it takes mountains more effort than complaining about it on an imageboard, and I bet if /g/ ever does, it will be abandoned before a year.
>>
>>59712597
>GNU is too radically left wing
FUCK OFF BILL GATES IS MORE OF A FUCKING COMMIE KILL YOURSELF DUMBASS

see:
>>59712139
>>59712156
>>59712180
>>59712191
>>
>>59712946
>>59712849
>>59713830
typical cuck responses. kill yourselves and then fuck off back to /utg/, you gay anal millennial kikes.
>>
>>59712597
>and their code is horrible

I had a personal experience with that the other day. Was building a cross compiler to make windows shit on linux, tried to run GCC's configuration script for x86 + PE. It starts up, runs *just fine* and sets it up with a makefile and everything.

Then when I go to actually compile with the makefile, it wastes 20 minutes compiling before halting and saying "lol no we don't support PE"

Why in the fuck would you have it as an option in your script and let someone get that far in the process if it's not an actual option
>>
>>59713774
How exactly is the entirety of the GNU software ``OS-vital code"?. Is Emacs OS-vital code? Is GIMP?
>>
>>59713896
Take your meds. Seriously.
>>
File: c.jpg (173KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
173KB, 800x600px
>>59714059
Emacs is definitely an operating system, so it being written in C is bretty good.
>>
>>59713896
>cuck
>Read: I am a insecure beta male who's trying to convince myself I'm manly and in control of my life.

I'm convinced that only 5% of you posers who use that word are actually manly.
>>
mfw Windows doesn't have any problems with GNU
>>
>>59712597
>what is busybox
Now fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>59712635
>thinking already fixed bugs make us more vulnerable

>implying we use linux because it's safe or secure

Linux is just better,it runs faster,is more costumizeable and is FOSS
>>
>>59714064
>everyone who disagrees with me is le meds boogeymang because i said so xD xDDDDDxxxdddDDDD

Kill yourself.
>>
>>59714152
Kill yourself, gay anal millennial /utg/ cuck. Die in a bus fire.
>>
>>59714192
>everyone who disagrees with me is le /pol/ boogeymang because i said so XDDDDDDDDD
Gay anal cuck millennial detected. Fuck off back to /utg/.
>>
File: 1490888377154.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1490888377154.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>59713896
You have to go back.
>>
>>59714548
You fuck off back to /utg/, you gay cuck millennial cuck anal cuck, jew kike nigger nazi /pol/ SJW faggot cuck. Kill yourself. Die in a bus fire. Die in a river.
>>
>>59714555
>everyone who disagrees with me is le /pol/ boogeymang because i said so XDDDDDDDDD
Gay anal cuck millennial detected. Fuck off back to /utg/.
>>
>>59712597
Shill thread.

I go to /pol/ but this is retarded.
>>
>>59714564
I like how for the third time you have no response. Enjoy virginity, it's clearly rotting your brains.

Oh wait lemme guess
>die cuck millennial
You realize these are words that describe you right?
>>
>>59712597
>free software
>left wing
Eric S. Raymond doesn't approve
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.