[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Microsoft get something so simple right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: start.png (12KB, 153x299px) Image search: [Google]
start.png
12KB, 153x299px
Why can't Microsoft get something so simple right?
>>
>Using Windautism 10
>>
>>59710513
how did you do that anon
>>
>>59710544
classic shell maybe?
>>
File: Untitled.png (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
288KB, 1920x1080px
>>59710513
>using classic shell
>not modding it
what the fuck are you even bothering for then ya silly shit
>>
>>59711773
Go drink some bleach, Jaime, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>59711773
>Jaime

What kind of faggot ass name is that? Did you misspell your own name or are you some kind of third world donkey fucker?
>>
>>59711714
>>59711773
More like classic malware

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/04/classicshell_audicity_infection/
>>
>>59711809
it's spanish for James.

t. another Jaime
>>
>>59711812
that was patched millenia ago
>>
>>59711787
>This PC
>Programs
>Apps
>Settings
>Run
You don't need any of this shit, all you need is a shutdown dialogue and a search bar.

If there are any programs you use often enough to stick them in the Start Menu, why would you want them in the Start Menu when you could just pin them to your taskbar and save yourself a few clicks?

If there are any programs you need access to, but DON'T use often enough to need that access to be immediate, why would you want to pick them out of a long alphabetized list from a shitty flyout that takes up most if not all of the height of your screen, when you could just type in the first few letters of a name and reduce the population of that flyout at least tenfold?

And as for Run, if you're going to take the aforementioned approach, WHY in the WORLD would you want a version that:
>requires not just the full name, but the full FILENAME, of the program you're looking for
>doesn't show you a dropdown of suggestions with recognizable icons
>requires an extra click to get to

I think the dumb fucking shitstain here is you.
>>
>>59711809
>>59711828
In my case, it's a nickname for Benjamin. I use it instead of "Ben" because "Jaime" was my given nickname and it's what I've been used to being called since birth. It's spelled "Jaime" because my mom said so. She says it's a decision she made due to the similarity to the French expression "j'aime." This is embarrassing for me to admit, but it's nonetheless necessary to defend why my name isn't stupid.
>>
>>59711906
that's very gay anon
>>
>>59711925
The philosophy of masculinity in all matters wasn't important to my mom when she named me, and it isn't important to me either. My dad's another story, but he was an abusive piece of shit anyway, so who gives a fuck about his opinion. And as for anyone else, my attitude toward their opinions on my life choices is "who gives a fuck" by default.
>>
File: SS_2017-04-02_47.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2017-04-02_47.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>59710513
Because they're Microsoft.
>>
>>59711773
>""modding it""
>literally removing everything that makes the start menu a start menu
>>
File: 594854.jpg (15KB, 261x264px) Image search: [Google]
594854.jpg
15KB, 261x264px
>>59713452
>wanting an actual start menu
but anon, start menus a shit
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>59711773
>using classic shell
>modding it to only have shutdown and log off
this isn't a start menu

it's a stop menu
>>
>>59711882

>autism: the post
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.