[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a Samsung J1 for free, guy forgot his password so gave me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: legless cat.jpg (30KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
legless cat.jpg
30KB, 720x960px
Got a Samsung J1 for free, guy forgot his password so gave me the phone in exchange for some frozen hamburger.

Factory Reset put it into a locked mode and it keeps wanting to verify over wifi.

Its got an emergency call option and I tried putting some numbers I found online but those didnt give me any extra options or menus to check.

It has no Sim Card and I dont have any sim cards to put in it. So ive got to get it working without that, end of story.

I dont care about making calls with it. I just want it for wifi/mp3/camera but its pretty crucial because I dont have any other phones right now.
>>
>>59706797
You can unlock all android phones by doing a factory reset, you're just not doing it properly.
Don't really care about your backstory though.
>>
>>59706797
return it Jamal
>>
>>59706851
So how you do that?

This is what I did:
Turn on phone while holding Volume Up+Home+Power key. Boot menu comes up, choose wipe data/factory reset. Select Yes near the bottom half of the list. Reboot system.

However upon booting it up it asks for a sim card (none in sight) or to go online to have me login with samsung specifically to check if it matches the account of the previous user.

> even the dude I got it from didnt know his password

I dont have an account at samsung and I couldnt care less to have one.

I need to bypass all of this shit and just get the phone working as an MP3 player.
>>
I suppose my real question is succinctly

How to bypass Setup Wizard and login for Samsung Galaxy J1 AFTER doing a factory reset.

Setup Wizard says: Phone Activation
"Your phone needs a SIM card to work"
it has an option to skip this to use Wi-Fi

"Note: you can set up your phone using Wi-Fi but you will not be able to make or receive calls until your phone has been activated on the verizon network"

> brilliant, since I dont care about using it for calls, only wifi internet, apps, and mp3

However it doesnt go farther beyond that - connecting it to a wifi just brings up an account verification thing.

I know its a theft deterrent but it wasnt stolen.
>>
>>59707124
IE, I need to break the FRP factory reset protection lock
>>
Wow. Is this the third stolen phone thread this hour?
>>
>>59707175
but it wasnt, and I paid for the phone, technically

dude gave it to me because he couldnt figure out how to get it working anymore, as far as he was concerned it was bricked (he couldnt get into his account and gave up).
>>
>>59706797
that freaking cat aahahhaha
>>
>actual responses to a jamal thread

return the phone, thief.
>>
Return the phone, Tyrone
>>
>>59707369
You're guilty of grand larceny, or possession of stolen goods, or both. Get fucked.
>>
>>59706797
>Got a Samshit for free.
Return it tyrone.
>>
Give it back DeShawn.
>>
Turn off phone
As you turn it back on press the....

Nah fuck off nigger.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.