[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there really no good actual headsets? Do you always need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: NASA_operations_control_center.jpg (455KB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
NASA_operations_control_center.jpg
455KB, 4256x2832px
Are there really no good actual headsets? Do you always need dedicated headphones and a mic?

Like what do these Nasa people use? Or on TV they have these tiny ass mics that have insanely good sound? Or sports commentators? etc. the list goes on

why are "gaming" headsets universally trash then?
>>
Air traffic controller specific headphones and boom mic costs at a starting point, 300 dollars for Sennheiser HMD 46.

Gaming headsets are trash because they cater to little Timmy's sense of aesthetics priced with in Mommy's budget.

And then the average audio quality isn't much better.

https://youtu.be/Be7tzLWQBC8
>>
>>59706084
I know AKG, Shure, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser have all made professional broadcast class headsets with stuff like condenser mics.

Those sound really damn good compared to any regular headset.
>>
>>59706084
Plantronics makes some decent headsets - I just wish you could get the Apollo era ones with either an RJ45 plug, or a 3.5mm jack
>>
File: 1332608259244.jpg (109KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1332608259244.jpg
109KB, 406x364px
>>59706084
>Are there really no good actual headsets?
Sennheiser takes their headphones and pretty much slaps an adjustable mic on the side. I have had good experience with the PC350 and 360 models, but they aren't cheap.

>>59706204
>Gaming headsets are trash because they cater to little Timmy's sense of aesthetics priced with in Mommy's budget.
This guy gets it.
I don't care for Apple on the other end of the spectrum either. I just want something functional, tasteful, and engineered with quality in mind.
>>
File: IMG_1575.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1575.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>59708152
>I don't care for Apple on the other end of the spectrum either.
So you just buy something cheap that resembles an Apple product and tell everybody that Apple stuff is crap because the Apple-looking thing was crap?
I have a "Rolex" for you.
>>
in space no one can hear you scream, OP
>>
>>59706084
Do NOT use those fucking meme ass modmics. I took the plunge after hearing people talk about them constantly. Absolutely garbage, avoid at all cost.
>>
>>59706084
>Like what do these Nasa people use? Or on TV they have these tiny ass mics that have insanely good sound? Or sports commentators? etc. the list goes on
the quality on all of these is actually terrible-- it's just sufficient to get the job done. none of these people care about any of the attributes that are argued about here.
>>
Just get a modmic to go with your headphones.
>>
>>59706084
Ps4 gold headset it's alright, if you are lucky you can get them for $30
>>
David Clark. Never buy another headset again.
>>
>>59708640
NASA or air traffic controllers are bad examples yes because it gets compressed to shit over the radio anyway

Sports commentators or just general TV usually use really high quality mics though.
But on TV they're not headsets, they're dedicated mics (lavalier mics etc.) and they're shit expensive. Radio also uses giant condenser mics.

Sports commentators are actually the only ones that have insanely good headsets, because they have super high noise cancellation due to all the cheering in the stadium and obv it needs to sound good on TV. The mics on them look ridiculously huge though (see pic related) but it doesn't matter because you won't see them
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.