[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Intel fuck up so badly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

First their failed GPU efforts, then the management engine fiasco, and now AMD is destroying them with Ryzen.

Where did Intel take their wrong turn?
>>
>>59697098
>backdooring hardware
>being closed source
>using software to slow down CPUs, then selling them for less
>being all around jewish pieces of shit
I still won't give my hard earned rupees to the AMD Pajeets until they open source the PSP though. It's a dealbreaker for me.
>>
>>59697818
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't both Intel and AMD backdoored?
>>
>>59697098
they got complacent, but they'll improve. their process improvements are getting a lot better despite the slowdown in node switches. In this respect, they seem to be on a much better track than TSMC or GloFo.

Ice Lake should be the next big improvement for them, as it'll be their first new architecture in a long time. AMD are still a couple years behind, but if they price competitively it should help them stay relevant and keep the prices honest.

It'll be interesting over the next few years to see AMD in a recovered and competitive form. The ATI acquisition, the subsequent awful hd 2k series, and bulldozer architecture all hurt them for a long time. Great to see AMD back on track again with Ryzen, and looking forward to what they can bring with Vega.
>>
Intel was never good, they were lucky enough to gain a monopoly then spent decades trying to eliminate competition rather than focusing on technology.

They only pulled ahead when they could blow 10x as much on R&D + fabs as everyone else, then smartphones came along and made it viable for companies other than intel to invest in expensive chip fabrications factories. The funny thing is apparently they turned down Apple when they were looking for iphone and ipad hardware.
>>
>>59697965
I dont give a fuck if amd does it
>>
>>59697098
Intel has always been extremely inefficient, spending many times more on R&D than their competition for at most marginal gain.

Now that AMD had an extremely uncompetitive platform for the first time in many years, they decided to do fuckall and sit in their Monopoly.
Now that they do, which they didn't expect at all, they won't have a competitive product ready until 2020.
They also get fucked pretty damn hard by their 10nm process and literally 1.5% yields.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.