[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bombed an interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1458872142395.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1458872142395.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>get asked to write the bubble sort sorting algorithm on a whiteboard
>never heard of bubble sort until then
>they walk me through the sorting algorithm, but I can't catch on and fail to implement it correctly
>"something a little easier, then: sum all the primes below 2 million"
>they actually expect me to compute the primes myself
>I tell them I could sum the primes if I had them
>they aren't impressed, one guy clenching his jaw furiously while looking at me
>suddenly get the feeling that the next questions are just a formality
>my fears are proven true when they abruptly transition to the end of the interview
>can't even look them in the eyes as it's wrapped up
I've never felt so defeated.
>>
too bad, anon. Maybe next time learn to program before you go for a programming job interview.
>>
>>59696563
Nice pasta. We had this thread less than a week ago.
>>
>>59696563
>I could sum the primes if I had them
lel
>>
>>59696701
We have this thread daily it seems
>>
>>59696563
yea job interviews suuuck when you fail
keep trying, feels great when you succeed and it's usually all worth it once you get a good salary/people to work with
>>
>>59696563
Jesus christ, how many times are you going to post this thread? I hope it's just copypasta at this point
>>
Every time. I could sum the primes if I had them.
>>
>>59696906
I mean tv has bane for 5 yrs so this doesn't count as much.
>>
>>59696563
How the fuck can you not find primes? If you have a number n, start from n-1 and decrement to one. If n % currentIncrement is 0 at any point between n and 1, it's not prime. Otherwise, add it to a list. Sum up the list and print it.

Leave this board and return when you can use your fucking head.
>>
>>59696701
We had this thread 3hrs ago
>>
>>59696563
You're either the same guy or a copycat but either way jesus fuck CALM DOWN you've made this exact same thread for the past week because the first one actually got responses.
>>
File: 2088xdu.jpg (88KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2088xdu.jpg
88KB, 1600x1600px
>>59697811
>n % currentIncrement is 0 at any point between n and 1, it's not prime.
>checking beyond n/2
>>
>>59697811
Lmao O(n^2) guy here thinks he's got the job.
>NEXT
>>
>>59696688
/thread
>>59696563
>>>/t/watter
>>
>>59697811
Also decrementing is retarded if starting at n-1. You're not going to find anything until at best n/2. If you start at 0, you'll find whatever it is you're looking for from 0-9
>>
>>59697880
>>59697891
>>59697919
Of course it's not ideal, but holy fuck, it kills me that people can't do it *at all*, even a shitty job of it. Sieve of Eratosthenes is quick and easy, but not thinking of it having not seen it before might be acceptable.

I'm sure the OP is baiting, but I know there's fuckers who couldn't even at least do brute force division. It hurts to live.
>>
>>59697880
>checking beyond sqrt(n)
>not keeping a list of the primes found and only checking primes up until sqrt(n)
>>
>>59697967
That's pretty much deterministic Miller-Rabin. Much harder to implement correctly than a sieve, fyi.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.