[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modem acting up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Well, since yesterday my internet has been constantly going down, time after time. It disconnects, some of the lights go out, then the lights slowly come back (reconnects) and I can enjoy internet for another few moments before it dies again.

The computer is only a few months old, and I already tried connecting the modem to a laptop and the same thing happens, so it can't be the PC.
Also I called the ISP and they are going to send me a technician but in almost a week, and that is a lot of time to be without internet.
Tried changing some cables and it didn't fix anything.
Trying changing the MAC and the DNS also, and nothing.

Also, it's weird and I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to work fine if I don't use internet or if I watch streamings? It looks like it disconnects whenever I use it.

Any idea what can it be? Can I fix it from here or I have to wait for the technician?
>>
>>59696252
>MAC
Found your problem.
>>
>>59696252
Try a different outlet. Install Gentoo.
>>
File: 1443735455195.gif (2MB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
1443735455195.gif
2MB, 294x300px
>>59696252
>Trying changing the MAC
>mfw

Have you Tried changing to Gentoo my friend?
>>
Yeah, I don't know a lot, sorry.

Sounds like trolling, but no, I prefer to keep using windows. I like to, you know, play games and such.
>>
"Trying changing the MAC"

I can't help you.
>>
>>59696458
either the modem is fucked or it's an upstream issue.

Your best bet is trying another power point as the other guy said, besides that there really isn't anything you can do without a spare unit to test with.
>>
>>59696252
Go buy another modem from walmart, if the problem persists, return it, and blame your ISP.
>>
You need to find the box that connects to the fiber/coax/DSL line, and log into it. That is the modem.

Remove your external IP, then post your status page.
>>
File: 1487203001816.jpg (46KB, 588x575px) Image search: [Google]
1487203001816.jpg
46KB, 588x575px
Shut up nigger literally no one has a nano second of time to waste on you pathetic genetic abomination we aren't your Pajeets to do your every bidding literally 800 threads like this are made every months but these mouth breathing drooling mods are too lazy to delete them.
>>
>>59696305
>>59696390
>>59696774
>they don't know you can spoof your routers Mac address, usually even in the stock firmware.
>laughinggirls.tiff

I used this all the time when friends tested out their new booter on me.
>Get Ddos
>login to router
>type in random mac
>get brand new ip address
>pop back online in 10secs and tell your friend that their booter sucks ass
>>
File: 1234007allthegoodguysgotoheaven.png (116KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1234007allthegoodguysgotoheaven.png
116KB, 320x371px
>>59698591
>>
>>59698591
>literally no one has a nano second of time to waste on you

yet you still had time to reply to him
>>
>>59699573
I had nothing better to do and it took like 7 seconds with voice to speech :^]
>>
It's probably just overheating man
Isp modems, routers, gateways etc all are ass with ventilation and power draw.
Keep a fan next to it and consider a better, aftermarket one
>>
>>59696252
retard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.