[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best 12" laptop on the market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1482931212622.jpg (62KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1482931212622.jpg
62KB, 800x533px
Is this the best 12" ultra-portable laptop on the market?

I think it is.

Go ahead, tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
>>59693711
It doesn't have a trackpoint. It doesn't have the supreme keyboard.
>>
Vaio Z Canvas
>>
>>59693711
If you dont care about Privacy, Price and the Keyboard it probably is one of the best.
>>
>>59693737
that keyboard is fucking awesome after you spend a day and get used to it. every other keyboard feels like shit after it.

>>59693760
>Privacy
Apple doesn't make money off tracking users.
>>
>>59693800
Does it have any key travel? Last time I tried a macbook keyboard it didn't even have 0.5mm, felt like poking my fingers at a flat desk.
>>
>>59693800
>Apple doesn't make money off tracking users.
Of the 3 major OS vendors, Apple is the only one without an Adertising Sales division.
For God's sake, Microsoft is putting pop-ups in their OS now.
>> But -but I can block them...
You can, how many others can?
>>
>>59693711
If you're fine with never upgrading the hardware and using only OS X, they're decent computers. Just extremely overpriced. You're getting about $700 worth of hardware there.
>>
>>59694045
>You're getting about $700 worth of hardware there.
And about $1000 worth of design and integration.
Which others copy, badly.
>>
Can you recharge the thing off a standard-compliant usb-c charger at a decent rate?

I've been looking into apple usb-c chargers and it looks like it's only apple that does 14.5v/2a.

The standard voltages afaict are 5v, 9v, 15v, 20v.

Also, no thunderbolt.
>>
>>59694045
>upgrading
>laptops
kek'd
>>
>>59694045
only OSX?? what fucking planet are you on? You can easily install *nix or windows you retard
>>
>>59693749
sony dun goofed
>>59693711
you're right, the fact it can't play games is only a boost to productivity
>>
>>59694405
Not on the new ones. Do you even bother to fact check before running your mouth and making a fool of yourself?
>>
>>59693861
I don't know how people defend win10. Absolute disgrace. Don't like apple's overpriced as shit hardware either, which leaves me with linux, which is actually way better than I expected.
>>
You can't install *nix or Linux on the new ones? Since when?
>>
>>59694468
you can. but why would you want to?
>>
>>59694475
Because it's good?
>>
>>59694405
Windows yes, linux no. Not easily.
>>
Always interesting to have a Linux for some reasons like security (kali) or testing env
>>
>>59694485
macos is better for laptops. 100x better.
>>
>>59694437
>Not on the new ones.
How new? Will I have problems on a 2015 MBP?
Because I have access to one of those for testing.

I'd try booting off a usb-stick.
I'd try making an empty partition with bootcamp.
>>
File: hp-elitebook-folio-g-nw-g02.jpg (114KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
hp-elitebook-folio-g-nw-g02.jpg
114KB, 775x500px
>No short travel keys
>Better Linux/BSD support
>Supports docking station
>>
>>59694553
How tho. Linux is more lightweight, meaning it lasts longer on battery right off the bat, has basically the same software available outside of adobe stuff, which even then there are open-source alternatives (some of which aren't as good, but hey. Plus that's not really an issue with the OS if you wana get pedantic.) The biggest obstacle in linux on laptops is weird hardware/drivers, which as time goes on is becoming less and less of a problem, many laptop sellers are shipping nix drivers these days. (Plus, dell gives you 100$ off)

Seriously, why is macos better for laptops? I can't think of a reason.
>>
>>59694651
Depends how you use your laptop. For writing and basic stuff like web browsing it's so comfy
>>
>>59694684
Okay... except linux does both of those things just fine. Do you think it doesn't have a GUI or something?
>>
>>59694415
>Sony
VAIO isn't a Sony brand anymore, it's a company.

>>59694494
It's very easy to install either.
>>
>>59693711
>touchscreen-tier keyboard
>core m with integrated graphics so bad that MacOS lags
>one port
>incompatible with most third party docking solutions
>incompatible with eGPU solutions for graphics work

Basically Apple made a great 16:10 laptop screen, then made it impossible for anyone to productively work with the machine. What a waste.
>>
>>59694885
>>touchscreen-tier keyboard
You've never fucking used one. You haven't even read the reviews. Every reviewer likes the keyboard after few days of use.
>>
>>59693711
The literal Facebook machine. If you are not a 20 year old white girl and you're unironically using one of these I think you should kill yourself.

...and I'm pretty sure it even lags on the Facebook feed.
>>
>>59694910
I've used it and it sucks. My finger literally have trouble reaching each of the keys since it's so low profile. It's like pounding on glass window.

Even Apple agrees, otherwise they wouldn't have made the improvement they did to the new Macbook Pro keyboards. The second gen butterfly switches are superior in every way even with the same key travel. Apple screwed up with the 12" Macbook keyboard.
>>
>>59694557
I know for sure that the 12 inch 2015 MacBooks and all of the 2016 MBPs are incompatible with GNU/Linux or BSD distros.
>>
>>59693711
Posting from pic related. It's pretty comfy in all honest bros. Only really lags with gradle builds. Facebook works fine.
>>
File: fetch.png (91KB, 867x664px) Image search: [Google]
fetch.png
91KB, 867x664px
^_^
>>
Dell XPS 13 is the best ultrabook
>>
>>59695303
>12"
>>
fuck off, shill
>>
>>59695015
>I've used it and it sucks. My finger literally have trouble reaching each of the keys since it's so low profile. It's like pounding on glass window.
LOL... you obviously HAVE NOT used it. period. none of that is fucking true.
>>
>>59694573
>2017
>recommending or buying HP
lmao... just kys for being that stupid.
>>
>>59695367
At least say why for those of us not in the know.
>>
>>59695367
Business laptops are a whole different ballgame.
>>
>>59695388
>>59695398
HP is fucking garbage... even by PC standards.

if MBPs weren't available, I'd use one of the Dell XPS laptops and if that wasn't available, I'd settle for a ThinkPad. HP is literally shit-tier. I think those Europoors still buy that shit.
>>
>>59693737
When was the last time anybody used the trackpoint?
>>
>>59695499
I use mine all the time. My next desktop keyboard's going to have one as well. Hell, my next laptop's not even going to have a trackpad.
>>
>>59695611
I don't mean neckbeards that are useless to society. I mean when was the last time someone used a Trackpoint for important stuff like work.
>>
>>59695724
>implying I'm a neckbeard
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.