[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mfw googleless android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

> coming back to android
> trying to use as little google as possible
> realize everything needs at least a google account
> sign into google account for play store
> it syncs contacts and mail without asking

> "fuck I think it uploaded my local contacts onto google contacts"
> check google.com/contacts
> yes it did
> turn off sync
> select all, delete

> gives option to undo the deletion
> "I don't want that to be possible"
> apparently you can restore contacts you deleted within the past month

It feels like there is no point in doing what im doing. Using android without google is a pain, but it isn't possible to use it a bit. It takes over everything, and deleting stuff just hides it. This is fucking retarded. I'm forced to have everything connected.

I keep getting prompted if I want to sync something or backup something. But they don't leave you alone after you decline all that: Apps like google photos are filled with "smart" features like face detection that you can't use because you don't sync your photos, but still take up so much space and fuck up the otherwise slick design of the os. They fucked it man. There is so much crap you cannot freely get rid of. I mean you can remove google services but that's a big hassle as google forced most apps to work with their services. You won't have acces to many things and it requires a lot of time

fuck google senpai
>>
better go back to being an iCuck then, or use Copperhead
>>
>>59692339
>uses an OS made by Google
>updates that come from Google
>a company that literally has its success and roots as a marketing company.
>Expecting any sort of absolute privacy
I've given up long ago trying to completely ignore the botnet. Now I just limit how much personal data I put out on the net as much as possible.

If you want privacy, stop using Android. Stop using the internet.
>>
>>59692379
Android itself is fine. The problem if gapps.
>>
>>59692339
>install lineagepajeetOS
>don't flash gapps
>get your shit from f-droid
done
>>
>>59692339
see
>>59692883

flash LineageOS, don't flash GAPPS and sideload your apps. You can download them from apkmiror or some other source. You still have access to the whole store, less the ones that need Google. Use Here maps instead of google maps.
>>
>>59692883
>>59692988
I'm interested. What about app updates? I know f-droid has it, but I guess I have to manually update others? I mean I could go with amazon store but that's a botnet itself.

Why lineage? Because it works good without gapps?
>>
>>59692352
Copperhead is usable, especially with microG. You'll have to compile in the cert spoofing patch yourself though if you want that.
>>
>>59693106

app updates are mostly useless. I have google stores but I only ever update one or twice a year and it's fine.

LineageOS (formerly cyanogenMOD) is pretty much the only google-less alternative.
>>
>>59693180
nice nice, I'll probably go for this then
thank you
>>
Lineage on my nexus 10 and s4, nano rom on s6 and copperhead on my nexus 6p. No google no botnet apps. All foss.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.