[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the normies tripping over themselves to worship this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: elon-musk.png (1MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk.png
1MB, 1200x600px
Why are the normies tripping over themselves to worship this guy?

It's like they need an idol to worship. So for the 'tech' sector they latched onto the 'smartest revolutionary nerd guy' they could find. That was steve jobs but he died so they jumped on the next one.
>>
Was he always that fat?
>>
>>59686240
Doxdd lmaoo
>>
>>59686155
Overblown airhead. Worshipped only by other airheads.
>>
Musk is a decent barker whose companies became more prominent alongside the whole "science is so fucking cool" meme. I've heard a few people compare him to Tony Stark.

>>59686240
He's looking better than he did in his PayPal days.
>>
>>59686434
Who in the span of a decade managed to take two niche industries and make them mainstream and profitable, forcing other companies to compete and push us forward as a whole.

Some airhead.
>>
>>59686155
Mainstream media has always put certain people on a pedestal. These people are then built into icons that are larger than life, and the Musk icon is now in production. These days they seem to go to Stephen Hawking for heavy questions about the meaning of life. It is very cringeworthy. As religion is not a part of the progressive zeitgeist, the seat of the oracle is empty, but it still needs to be filled. So the likes of Hawking and now Musk can be secular oracles. First they are people with expertise in certain fields, and then the media lifts them out of their fields of expertise and turns them into oracles.
>>
>>59686527
>make them mainstream and profitable
>Net income US$-674.9M [2] (2016)
>>
>>59686155
He's profiting off of innovational that could commercialize new technology in the future. Be grateful, don't be upset he isn't some revolutionary tech genius. I'm sure people were saying the same shit about Thomas Edison back in the day.
>>
>>59686527
That must be real hard when you have infinite government money/subsidies and no risk of failure
>>
>>59686787
God damn, I butchered that first sentence.
>>
>>59686758

Case in point, he was asked whether he supported the notion that we live in a simulated universe and gave a confirmatory answer. This was jumped by numerous outlets who made headlines out of his answer as if he has any relevance to that field.
>>
He's a modern day Howard Hughes.

There's no one else even attempting to do what he's doing by advancing the state of technology and challenging the status quo of what is and isn't possible. You have to respect that. Even if you disagree with how he's doing it, he's privatized space flight, he's challenging automakers to advance their technology that meets modern civil engineering and population density.
>>
>>59686155
>Why are the normies tripping over themselves to worship this guy?
Because after the normalisation of the "nerd culture", it's not a dork thing anymore to be interested in STEM; however the level of interest will never go beyond the IFLScience tier. The advertising of Musk's companies is more or less on that level: I'm pretty sure this is due to a very competent marketing team. The worshipping is just a planned consequence, after all normies need someone to worship.

At any rate, as an aerospace engineering, student SpaceX's accomplishments always give me a boner. I think the comparison between Jobs and Musk is a bit unfair: sure smartphones are a thing also thanks to Jobs, and now they're a integral part of our daily life, but on a technical standpoint they're not such a big deal; meanwhile rockets reusability and cheaper access to space is a fuckhuge ginormous deal for all humanity in the years to come. Kudos to Musk for having such a vision and pushing towards it. What was Jobs' vision? Jewing out the average consumer with sleek design and walled gardens?
>>
>>59686973
And thats different from Musk wanting to commercialize space flight how?
>>
>>59686155
he's successful and part of some interesting and easily accessible projects, being a nurddddd is a big plus as well.
>>
>>59686986
First, commercial space flight has always been a thing. All the telco satellites that surround our planet have been put there by paying customers.
Second, drastically reducing the cost per kg means that everything that involves the use of a satellite is going to become relatively better and/or cheaper.
Third, people have always wanted to go to space, but only insanely rich people could afford it. Launchers reusability is going to give access to space progressively to a lot more people. Kinda like we went from huge computers that could be bought only by big companies to personal computers.
>>
>>59687130
And look how awful the internet/computers have became since being adopted by the masses. His companies exist for profit and that is the sole reason for their existence.
>>
>>59687140
>>>59687130
>His companies exist for profit and that is the sole reason for their existence.
His companies exist so that he can be buried on Mars. That's by his own admission.

Now think about what that entails, starts with an M and ends with ars colony.
>>
>>59686155
Who is that?
>>
>>59687223
>wanting to be buried on a dead planet
He is a strange man I'll give him that. Personally I'd rather be cremated and have my ashes scattered into space.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (8KB, 188x257px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
8KB, 188x257px
>>59686155
Get your fucking filthy paws off our god-emperor, you damn filthy apes! He is the true god-emperor, not trump! Not the Bogdanovs, not Putin, not Ivanka not hitler not cat-hitler or even doggie. He only deals with god-tier technologies, and everything he does gives me boners of Valerian Steel. Fuck off!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.