[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it illegal to sell laptops with linux already on them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1490840773612.jpg (159KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490840773612.jpg
159KB, 638x960px
Is it illegal to sell laptops with linux already on them?
>>
>>59684691
GPL allows people to sell Linux distros. Most people just bought them rather than wait a week for the image to download on dial-up.
>>
>>59684691
Is it illegal to lose money? No. There's your answer.
>>
>>59684691
The seller needs to give a copy of the license (GPL), but it can also be as a text file on the laptop.
>>
>>59684703
>>59684723

So nobody is going to sue me if I market cheap laptops with Linux to college students?
>>
>>59684691
Why would it be? Windows being on everything is just because of ease of use, standardization, and Microsoft being proactive in shilling their shit.

It isn't there by some legal mandate and you can sell a computer with whatever OS you want providing it follows said OS guidelines on distribution.
>>
>>59684691
>ganoo loonix
I doubt most people would buy a laptop with that shit to begin with.
>>
>>59684744
You're going to need to give them a user manual.
I wish computers still came with manuals.
But no. It's better just to sell you a program that kinda does what you wanted to do insted of spending a few bucks on packaging a manual.
>>
>>59684744

No but you cause a girl to drop out of college!
>>
>>59684794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE
>>
>>59684780

Nobody needs a user manual for Ubuntu give me a fucking break. It's no more complicated than OSX. The UX for facebook is more complicated than Ubuntu
>>
>>59684691
Install Gentoo. I cant see a problem.
>>
>>59684851
>Ubuntu
You may as well just install OSX and risk persecution.
They'll be happier.
Install something more appealing and 'exotic' like arch. But also set it up with all the shit others will need.
If you're installing freeware, go ham and deck it out. Make it something worth wanting. Copy faggots from desktop threads.
>>
>>59684691
Push hard doggo!
>>
>>59684851
>>59684895
And practice a routine to demonstrate that it does the things.
>>
>>59684691
Push hard doggo!
>>59684691
No, I've seen some stores sell laptops with ubuntu on them.
>>
As long as you don't put an extra fee on a software. Dell was pushing Ubuntu on their laptops for some time
>>
>>59684827
> reaction video
Cancer
>>
>>59685345
but how did people install the internet?
>>
>>59684691
PUSH HARD DOGGO
>>
>>59684691
It's actually illegal for microsoft to pressure OEMs NOT to sell laptops with linux on them, which they did. Illegally. And got caught doing.
>>
>>59685375
Double it
>>
No, but it should be. Installing Linux in a computer another human being is going to use should be considered a kind of torture.
>>
>>59684766
Why? It looks better than Windows and MacOS, is Customizeable, and if you run something like SUSE or Ubuntu it is almost impossible to break
>>
Push hard doggo
>>
PUSH HARD DOGGO
>>
>>59684691
no, why? dell does this
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.