[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright, I need a little help figuring this shit out. New ISP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 306x164px
alright, I need a little help figuring this shit out.

New ISP is going to be keeping me at a 22GB limit before throttling my connection speeds. I work from my PC and play a fuck ton of hours on an MMO. i'm going to burn through this bitch in a mere day.

considering i'll be stuck in a complex I can't really swap out to a better ISP directly. and I know I can possibly negotiate with my provider but that's going to be a fucking bitch with teeth.

what other options do I have when It comes to my network?
>>
An MMO isn't going to use that much bandwidth.
>>
>>59683538
I'll be sharing this shit with someone who will be using streaming services, in addition to YouTube current connection speed I'll have on arrival will be 50mbps.

i'm not just spending two hours a day on it i'm usually doing that most of the day when i'm either not working or taking care of the home.

averaging about 4-7 hours of constant connection to an MMO or other activity a day with almost 10 hours on the weekend. without trying to do the complexed math for updates and downloading other games / redownloading a broken one. how much data would I be burning through?
>>
>>59683524
Verizon? I hit the 22GB limit and they throtted me.
>>
>>59683680
yeah, both companies do it now.
>>
lol
22GB is fucking terrible. I may bitch about the ISPs here in Canuckistan (to be fair, they are terrible compared to some parts of the world), but I'm so fucking glad I'm not Americucked. At least here if the ISP screws me, I have a few other options to choose from.
At least here, I have fiber optic and a 1TB bandwidth limit.
>>
>>59683601
Actual data sent/received for the MMO will be quite small. Maybe 100mb-200mb for hours worth of gaming.

It is the updates/streaming/yt that will kill you. So:

-Ask your friend to stop stream/youtubing
-Uninstall the games that you are not playing that get frequent updates
>>
Why don't energy companies get govt compensation in order to prevent using electricity as an extra expense for something you've already purchased?

Oh wait, 4chan gold accounts. Everyone used to be able to post combos, now you have to pay to skip the captcha.

Everyone used to have unlimited bandwidth, now you have to pay to break the limit.
>>
>>59683958
don't think i'll be able to do much about their activities, are there any settings I can use to limit the size of the date being sent through?
>>
>>59684076
Some routers have QoS. Google that, perhaps.
>>
>>59684137
thanks, will do.

Mod, Prune the thread, passing out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.