[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ Got a PCB in the mail today and expected the outgoing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Yellow_is_soldered_to_both.png (419KB, 500x974px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow_is_soldered_to_both.png
419KB, 500x974px
Hi /g/
Got a PCB in the mail today and expected the outgoing video cable to be a VGA one. Realised it was a DB-15 plug (the ones that old Macs used), contacted the seller but all I hear from him is "We sent you a better product actually" and "I don't actually understand the problem". As that approach leads nowhere, I thought I could just pop the plug open and rewire it to a VGA plug as I have seen adapters for converting between them back in the day. (I'm sending 15khz signal either way, so they should be compatible with just a rewiring, I think...)
Searching online, all the answers I found on how to wire this differed slighty.
Pic related, it's the plug and how it's wired.

TL;DR Please help me wire this to a VGA plug as internet isnt being helpful
>>
>>59675945
>>>/diy/
you aren't going to get help here, this board is for consumer reviews and shilling
>>
>>59675994
I should have suspected no the less
>>
>>59675945
The pic either isn't wired for VGA or is terribly made.

It's either VGA without a ground (could be why it doesn't work) OR it's RGB and S. Seeing how the yellow wire is soldered to two pins and has no heat shrink I'm going with the latter.

As for getting RGB S to RGB HV good fucking luck. Can play lottery with the chink transcoders or pay out the ass for a quality new old stock unit.
>>
>>59676045
The PCB in question is an Arcade PCB meant to hook up 15khz VGA to an RGB monitor. The product I ordered has a twin prodict with a VGA plug instead of this one, using the same harness to connect to the PCB, is it really not possible to replace this plug with a VGA one to get the disired RGB signal to the PCB (and therefore the monitor)?
>>
>>59676150
>The PCB in question is an Arcade PCB meant to hook up 15khz VGA to an RGB monitor.
Arcade stuff likes its own monitors. However a professional RGB monitor should be able to display it. It will be RGB S and not VGA RGBHV though. Connecting it to a PC monitor which I assume is what you're doing since you're talking about VGA will be difficult from what I understand.
>is it really not possible to replace this plug with a VGA one to get the disired RGB signal to the PCB (and therefore the monitor)?
Plug doesn't matter. Just how you wire it.

Oh another possibility I forgot but this board being a Pajeet hangout I may as well mention. You can nigger rig the sync line and split it to HV. It can "work" for most application with varying results or just fry the sync lines.

Another nigger rig possibility is seeing if the monitor will work with just the sync connected to H or V or tie the sync to green.

Neither of these options are recommended.
>>
>>59676370
>Connecting it to a PC monitor which I assume is what you're doing
Sorry to confuse you, I am actually connecting this to an Arcade monitor through the PCB, which is kinda the reason I purchased it to begin with.
I know the DE-15 plug can carry RGB, how would I wire this?
(Also a second thought, do computers even output to those pins to begin with?)
>>
>>59676613
>I am actually connecting this to an Arcade monitor through the PCB,
Oh like a mame set up or w/e? I'm not sure what arcade monitors accept.

As for wiring it doesn't matter as long as they go to the right pins.
>>
File: VGAConnector-02.jpg (142KB, 732x367px) Image search: [Google]
VGAConnector-02.jpg
142KB, 732x367px
>>59676741
>Oh like a mame set up or w/e?
Yea, just different software in this case.

>I'm not sure what arcade monitors accept.
Plain RGB; Red, Green, Blue, Sync (probably CSync) and Ground... but it's not really a problem on the monitor-side of things. The PCB i bought is made so it connects a DE-15 connector to the monitor, just that it didn't come with a DE-15, rather a DB-15, hence why I want to rewire it, so I can use the PCB to actually connect my PC to my Arcade monitor.

I found Pic related, would it be that easy to just rewire the pins so they resemble the left one? (Still unsure what each wire is wired to though on the PB-15 i have)
>>
>>59675945
are you the ict employee where i work?
>>
>>59675945
crossposter here, the crt thread on /vr/ will get you the best advice. a few very knowledgeable retrofags there.

Looks like they used non standard coloring but I'm guessing the yellow wire is sync soldered to the h+v pins, red green and white are rgb and black is gnd.

http://www.ambery.com/db9todbadca.html
>>
this faggot posted this in like a bunch of boards... theres a thread on DIY also with this same shit
>>
Should prob. post on a forum for arcade hardware enthusiasts, there are a bunch of them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.