[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent Case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: fractal-design-define-r5.jpg (23KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
fractal-design-define-r5.jpg
23KB, 475x600px
What's the best Silent Case /g/ with the best price?

The noise of my i7 2600 stock fan and my GA-Z68AP-D3 coils in the energy saving states kill me. I can literally can only use computer with headphones.

I was looking for a more silent fan, but my Case is not designed to hold "gamer" (I don't want to be gamer) cooling solutions since it has virtually no space at the backside. However, isn't a 115€ case to expensive for somebody who just wants to have things a little bit quieter? I'm in no way trying to achieve a top edge airflow or whatever, all I want is a dead quiet system.
>>
>>59671127
Why don't you just get an after-market cpu cooler instead of buying a whole new case?

You'll get something that should be a lot better and way less noisy than the stock cooler for <30€.

I don't know any solution for coil whine. Maybe try a different PSU.
>>
>>59671127
get a new cpu cooler. Your PC's noise level is only as loud as its loudest component, so replacing the intel stock cooler to something quieter should bring the noise level down significantly.
source: ive been using the intel stock cooler for 3 years and it's loud as fuck
>>
>>59671127
Just change the stock cooler OP. I bought shadow rock low profile and its literally silent, now i just to change the case fans, my hdd is the loudest thing though, but its a very non annoying sound
>>
A case with good acoustics is the bequiet 600, either Pure or Silent base. Not the best case in every category, but if silence is what you want, that's a quality choice at a reasonable price.
>>
>>59671127
>all I want is a dead quiet system
Then move your PC into a separate room and run long cables to your office where you use it.
>>
Guys my problem is that my current case has no cutout on ihrs back for a bigger CPU cooler, hence I followed I'd need a new case as well.
>>
>>59671127
Get a decent cooler, and change all HDDs into SSDs. Use a fan controller on your case fans, so they run at low RPM when idle and only spin up when the machine is under load.

This way you'll get a silent PC with practically any case you want.
>>
>>59671369
You don't need cutouts in your case for a bigger cooler. What are you talking about?

The cooler doesn't even have to be that much bigger, just get one that isn't a shitty stock cooler.
>>
>>59671345
>A case with good acoustics is the bequiet 600, either Pure or Silent base.

That one doesn't have any silicone grommets for the HDD slots. Put in one HDD and the entire case will be vibrating.

The Antec Performance One series is the only one iirc that has proper hdd vibration protection. Fractal Design cases have them too but they use very thin grommets which barely block fuck all vibration.

I haven't checked the Lian Li cases, they use slot loaders with grommets, I wonder how effective those are.
>>
File: 2017-03-28 (guts).jpg (823KB, 1500x2665px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-28 (guts).jpg
823KB, 1500x2665px
>>59671127

DO NOT USE THE HARD DRIVE CAGES! They amplify the vibrations and spreads it to other parts of the case. They are so shit that I just removed all of them and placed my 3,5" mechanical hard drive on a mousemat and now I don't hear the vibrations in the next room anymore.

Fractal Design Define R5 is a good case, but their hard drive cages can fuck off. It's good that they are 100% modular though, so that you can place 2 or 3 full size mechanical hard drives on the floor with mousemat padding (double layer works well).

>pic related: my hard drive on double layer mousemat
>>
>>59671416
So which performant CPU cooler are you recommending which will not need to be mounted with a backplate?
>>
File: 330R_Titanium_02.png (345KB, 620x800px) Image search: [Google]
330R_Titanium_02.png
345KB, 620x800px
>>59671127
Literally the best option for any /g/entlemen
>>
>>59671466
a couple of days a go there was a sale on amazon for this thing, but I could never find it in any recommendation so I abstained from buying it.
>>
>>59671424
>That one doesn't have any silicone grommets for the HDD slots.
I'm pretty sure it comes with proprietary rubber rails that you screw onto the HDD via thumbscrews, helping less vibration.
>>
File: file.jpg (259KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
259KB, 1920x1281px
>>59671127
>>
>>59671432
Thermalright True Spirit 120

If you google a bit you can probably find others as well.
>>
File: CA173NX_117785_800x800[1].jpg (25KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CA173NX_117785_800x800[1].jpg
25KB, 800x800px
Get a Fractal design or NZXT case, i use NZXT H440 and i will continue using similar designed cases, cant go back to anything else.

Only issue with my H440 is that there's no fan control and they run at max but you could tinker and add that yourself to the back easily.

I dont mind since the fan's are barely noticeable anyway.
>>
>>59671582
>Thermalright True Spirit 120
I can get a be quiet dark rock advacned c1 for this price. it wont be am4 ready though and be quiet has said it wont upgrade this cooler.

In the long run I want to upgrade to a better mobo and a better processor, so I was thinking about buying a Fractal Design R5 but then again 115€....
>>
>>59671617
>NZXT H440
They're literally as expensive as fractal design.
>>
>>59671656
Roll the dices then
>>
>>59671127
Nanoxia Deep Silence 3. Cheaper than the R5, just as good.
>>
>>59671647
>be quiet dark rock advacned c1
But that one has a backplate.

I just googled a good cpu cooler without backplate.
>>
>>59671715
It's also Made in Germany. Pure quality.
>>
>>59671780
The question is if I need to have a cutout for a backplate or not.
>>
>>59671796
>Pure quality
Wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely good for the price.
>>
>>59671572
I actually know someone that owns this case.
>>
File: Fractal_Design_Define_Mini_C_.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fractal_Design_Define_Mini_C_.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
>>59671127

I just finished putting together this pc which I assembled for the goal of achieving silence and performance. With my last pc, like you I suffered from the noise of coil whine and loud fans. I did extensive research and settled on the components that provided the best performance while also emitting the least sound.

My choice of case came down to a windowless Fractal Design's ATX R5 or MicroATX Define Mini C. I chose the MicroATX build. Inside is an i7-7700k cooled by a Cryorig H7 (one fan). My psu is a Seasonic SS-650KM (one fan). This pc is absolutely silent even under heavy load.

Each component I chose was based on best performance with least noise volume. In addition to the components I mentioned, this case also houses an EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked (two fans), a Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM008, a pair of Fractal Design GP12 fans that came with the case, and a pair of Noctua NF-F12 fans. That's a total of eight fans in this case plus a mechanical storage. Not a sound emits from this case.
>>
>>59671127
I've got a 2500k, some random cpu cooler 'arctic something' and a nanoxia case. has been good.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.