[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verizon announces AppFlash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: thebig6.png (322KB, 1100x706px) Image search: [Google]
thebig6.png
322KB, 1100x706px
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/03/first-horseman-privacy-apocalypse-has-already-arrived-verizon-announces-plans

>Within days of Congress repealing online privacy protections, Verizon has announced new plans to install software on customers’ devices to track what apps customers have downloaded. With this spyware, Verizon will be able to sell ads to you across the Internet based on things like which bank you use and whether you’ve downloaded a fertility app.
>Verizon’s use of “AppFlash”—an app launcher and web search utility that Verizon will be rolling out to their subscribers’ Android devices “in the coming weeks”—is just the latest display of wireless carriers’ stunning willingness to compromise the security and privacy of their customers by installing spyware on end devices.
>The AppFlash Privacy Policy published by Verizon states that the app can be used to “collect information about your device and your use of the AppFlash services. This information includes your mobile number, device identifiers, device type and operating system, and information about the AppFlash features and services you use and your interactions with them. We also access information about the list of apps you have on your device.”
>the policy also illustrates Verizon’s intent to gather location and contact information: “AppFlash also collects information about your device’s precise location from your device operating system as well as contact information you store on your device.”
>And what will Verizon use all of this information for? Why, targeted advertising on third-party websites, of course: “AppFlash information may be shared within the Verizon family of companies, including companies like AOL who may use it to help provide more relevant advertising within the AppFlash experiences and in other places, including non-Verizon sites, services and devices.”

Bad times ahead.
>>
>>59666448
>borrow phone from carrier
>surprised that they do stuff on the device that they own
>>
>>59666448
Hold on. Let me get this straight. They actually have to install something on my device to spy on me?

That's nothing. I thought I would have to get a VPN.
>>
>copy some not that important but important sounding confidential data to the phone
>wait the spyware to take the bait
>sue Verizon for industrial espionage
>repeat until dead
>>
>>59666781
>implying this would even be illegal
Unless Verizon's ToS says that they will not collect data on your device (which it doesn't), then it's legally fine for them to collect data on your device. Now if it was used to directly attack the company in question, then there's probably something, but just collecting the data wouldn't break any laws whatsoever.
And now, selling that data likely wouldn't even be illegal for Verizon.
>>
>>59666448
TOPFUCKINGKEK
American cuckoldry at it's finest
>>
>>59666954
It was never illegal, this bullshit hysteria is over regulations that never even took effect.
>>
>>59666448
Invisible hand of free market will fix this
>>
>>59666448
That picture needs to be updated. News Corp doesn't own Fox anymore, but rather Rupert Murdoch owns News Corp, (which owns the Wall Street Journal,) AND Fox. Another important thing to add is that Viacom itself is owned by another company, which is the same company that owns CBS, and that company is National Amusements. It's why Star Trek movies are always produced by Paramount, because Star Trek is a CBS property.
>>
>>59668058
Also, forgot to mention, NBCUniversal, (which, as you know, is owned by Comcast,) recently bought Dreamworks.
>>
>>59668090
Also I just noticed you put AOL under TimeWarner. That's no longer true. Verizon owns AOL now.
>>
>>59668099
And Time is not connected to Time Warner anymore, even though it's still called Time Warner.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.