[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chromebooks/ChromeOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Chrome.jpg (218KB, 1746x978px) Image search: [Google]
Chrome.jpg
218KB, 1746x978px
The new Chrome update is adding Android Apps, how can Windows even compete at this point?

Chromebooks are cheaper, simple, and appeal to most peoples internet usage. The OS is super lightweight and doesn't strain the hardware as much unlike Windows. They also generally look more visually appealing than a low-end Windows laptop.

Why haven't you bought one yet?
>>
File: 1480994435769.png (159KB, 492x588px) Image search: [Google]
1480994435769.png
159KB, 492x588px
>using phone programs
>on a laptop

literally why
>>
>>59663542
/g/ seems to think tablets are alright.

Why not meet in the middle with Chromebooks?
>>
>>59663528
samsung chromebook plus checking in
>sold XPS
>no regrets
>>
>>59663648
How well do the apps run on it?
>>
>>59663542
They're mostly tablet programs that also work on phones and translate better to a laptop overall.
>>
File: url.jpg (91KB, 415x550px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
91KB, 415x550px
Considering how all your work and progress made in a Chromebook will automatically sync with your tablets and phones, it sort of unites our gadgets together. Microsoft hasn't done this yet because they're unable to expand beyond traditional PCs and laptops. In the end Google will dominate this market within the next 5 years and Microsoft will only have business enterprise because on a consumer level MS is years behind the competition.
>>
>>59663711
runs fine, i only have a few apps. apps do not get access to the sd card so that's shit but 32gb onboard is okay. most of what i do is web based anyway and the xps was soldered ram and only 4 gb. this is easily just as fast as the i5 i was using
>>
>>59663528
>The new Chrome update is adding Android Apps, how can Windows even compete at this point?
By giving you access to x86 programs.

>Chromebooks are cheaper, simple, and appeal to most peoples internet usage. The OS is super lightweight and doesn't strain the hardware as much unlike Windows. They also generally look more visually appealing than a low-end Windows laptop.
>Why haven't you bought one yet?
Because I need a real OS to do real work. I love playing angry birds from time to time but I also need to do video encoding and use the full version of microsoft office.
>>
Also in windows computers you can run bluestacks or a VM of android.
>>
>>59663648
How often do you run into things you can't do without a desktop OS?
>>
>>59663841
>automatically sync
>Google will dominate this market within the next 5 years
This is not a google exclusive.
The giants have been fighting over this for years already.
>Apple iCloud
>Microsoft OneDrive
Wonder how long DropBox et al will fair given the os vendors push their cloud offerings very hard.
>>
>>59664674
But those things aren't really comparable.

A Chromebook can be completely wiped / reset / replaced daily and you will never miss a beat.
>>
>>59663528
I did. I have an acer chromebook 14. It's alright for what I use it for which is usually web browsing and some light programming on the go. Best part about it was how cheap it was at the time.

>>59664587
Not that anon, but almost never. Though I never had the intention of using it for anything intensive in the first place. If it's an issue with the OS, chroots are easy to set up using crouton - I use ubuntu with xfce.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.