[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ex-Boss everyone!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: omg.png (26KB, 420x537px) Image search: [Google]
omg.png
26KB, 420x537px
Hello,

this is how my ex-boss is actually coding! Wow... just WOW. I am so glad I finally got out of there. This guy is a maniac!

- He forbids to use frameworks & libraries
- He refuses to use "modern" tools like SVN or GIT
- He "rapes" databases. (Put everything in one column as a string instead of multiple columns and let PHP handle it? Yeah why not... *facepalm*)
- Seriously... He says that concepts that you learn in school are "non-sense". In practice you don't need this...

His "software" by the way works only in IE <= 9... Modern Browsers fail to display that shit properly...

Again... I AM SO GLAD TO WORK FOR A SERIOUS COMPANY NOW.
And good luck to my successor...
>>
>>59658597
how do I unsubscribe from your blog?
>>
>>59658597
>He says that concepts that you learn in school are "non-sense".
And damn right he is about that.
>>
>>59658597
>the right touch of autism
>somewhat memorable
This could be some good pasta right here
>>
Well... if you have a task you could make a nice normalised db-scheme with a few tables and constraints like you learned in school...

Or you can just crap all the data in one column, an use String-delimiters...

"1|2|11|2|1"

Actually I prefer the "school-way" here...
>>
File: omg2.png (54KB, 1386x652px) Image search: [Google]
omg2.png
54KB, 1386x652px
>>59658597

Take some date-values from a form, and preprocess them for a database-query. Well, that's one way to do it...
>>
>>59658645
You leave 4chan.
>>
Jeez is this shit fo real?
>>
>>59658899
Holy fucking shit.
>>
File: 640.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
640.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>59658899
>>
>>59658899
I don't see what the problem is here. At it's essence, programming is a bunch of if/then statements. That's why a billion people in India can, and are willing to, do it for a dollar a month.
>>
>>59658597

Did you pull these from dailywtf or is this shit for real?
>>
>>59658597
You boss was nazi.
>>
>>59658899
I hate code like this but if I had just sat down and did everything the stupid and hard way I'd have a working project instead of a million half finished ones
>>
>>59658597
>Götterdemmerung ist 08 Apr 1972
Who knew?

>$rootuser, $rootpass
This could be interesting.
>>
I just made my first Wordpress theme and learned some php while doing it.

When I needed html/css I just closed the php. Which is the right way I suppose.
I didnt really understand what they meant with never mix php and html. But now I do. This certainly clears things up.
>>
>>59658899
Keep in mind that your ex-boss at least had company and job.

While majority of /g/ would not be able to code like that, talk with client or do anything besides burning parents money.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.