[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop shilling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1490630542727.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1490630542727.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
Am I the only one who find it peculiar that smartphone makers are copying everything apple does except for the only thing that actuallly matters: single core performance.

Why do these morons keep adding cores when smartphone usage is almost entirely designed around single core efficiency?

"it's too hard to do" is a total cop out. apple makes CPU's that are literally TWICE AS FAST as a brand new flagship $750 phone. There's no valid reason for NOBODY to be trying to be at least competitive. At this point things are getting comical.

I'm not suggesting you buy an iShit device, either. I will only buy devices I can root as a security precaution. Anyone who knows anything about security knows a closed ecosystem is pants on head retarded.

I just want to point out the absurdity of the performance descrepancy between devices is all. I'm sorry but the "my shitdroid is good enough" argument doesn't cut mustard. Android is laggy ass fuck and it's a joke at this point.
>>
>>59658179
>I'm sorry but the "my shitdroid is good enough" argument doesn't cut mustard
Why not?

My lagdroid is good enough. It's not like I need top performance on my phone. I need it to send messages, make calls, use internet and that's about it.
>>
Eh, don't care. My phone plays 1080p 10-bit videos and has a bigger screen by like 1 inch than any iPhone ever. And its oled. I'm not a retarded faggot who plays games on their phone so I don't really care about muh core performance.
>>
>>59658179
>Why do these morons keep adding cores when smartphone usage is almost entirely designed around single core efficiency?
Marketing. Telling wannabe geeks that their phone has more cores makes them wet their pants.
>>
>>59658179
>stop shilling
Go on
>>
>>59658179
what are you doing on your phone that requires high singe core performance?
>>
File: 1481863544472.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1481863544472.png
581KB, 762x464px
>>59658236
because you don't actually use it for anything or are too casual to matter. it's the same dumb argumenr as "human eye can't see past 15 fps" or "nobody can detect input lag differences" or "nobody needs more than x amount of bandwidth anwyway". if you're not a luddite you want nothing less than the fastest and most configurable tools possible.
>>
>>59658296
literally everything.

every app has lags particularly web browsing
no, being half as fast as an ishitphone isn't "good enough" not even close and never will be.
>>
>>59658428
Probably, but I can't imagine what do you guys use your phones for that you need that much single core performance.
>>
>>59658449
You're shilling Iphones. I've used both, and androids are noticeably faster. Even if the iphone's hardware is better, than it's their bloatware that's slowing shit down.

They also cost more.
>>
File: 1479016802310.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479016802310.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>59658179
>t. iToddler
>>
>>59658563
B-but geekbench...
:^)
>>
File: 1462548300307.jpg (93KB, 780x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462548300307.jpg
93KB, 780x960px
>>59658563
Why are iPhones such laggy pieces of shit?
>>
>>59658518
I do

>>59658545
They cost the same or less than the fastest droid while being twice as fast. For me the reason I don't buy them is because you have to be mentally damaged to spend more than a couple hundred on a phone. Doesn't change the fact the performance is comparatively and verifiably dogshit.

>>59658563
App launch speed doesn't prove anything at all dumpass. You'll constantly run into lags while using browser for example. Poorly coded sites will hammer the fuck out of your comically bad single core performance.
>>
>>59658630
geekbench is a reflection of single core performance. you are literally retarded to fall for some rigged webm. every reputable tech website all says the same thing. you're stupid beyond belief.
>>
>>59658653
literally never experienced that on android.
must be your shitty internet, mate
>>
>>59658653
>They cost the same or less
No. Google IPhone 6 vs Galaxy 6. Google IPhone 7 vs Galaxy 7. You're wrong. IPhones are always at least $100 more expensive.

>than the fastest droid while being twice as fast.
False. And you've already been proven wrong here: >>59658563

>App launch speed doesn't prove anything at all dumpass
Neither does your opinion. Post sources to back up your claims.
>>
>>59658653
>I do
You do what?
>>
>>59658719
galaxy s8 is the competitor now. if you wait year after launch you can get your shitphone for less

you didn't prove anything you idiot

what I'm posting isn't subject to debate. you can always cherry pick scenarios that won't highlight the comically bad single core performance.

you don't know how technology works at all and anyone who does is laughinv at your dumpass

>>59658703
>i'm too much of a luddite to understand things so nobody lags!

fact is your phone chokes like crazy on that awfully low IPC performance. this isn't a subject for debate. you are a meme victim.
>>
>>59658727
I do need the, ya know, primary governing factor for app performance on every system on planet earth. When this isn't the case is when you are the limiting factor ergo you're slower, clumsier and leas intelligent than the device being used.
>>
>>59658786
>galaxy s8 is the competitor now.
Convenient because it's not out yet so I can't prove you wrong. But of course the G8 will be more expensive than the I7. But the I8 will be more expensive than the G8 you stupid shill. Why are you even bothering? Everyone ITT is against you.

You haven't posted a single source for your claims that apples are faster. You're a shill and a bad one at that.

Fuck off.
>>
>>59658700
You are dumbfuck idiot if you fell for a non real world benchmark. Or do you buy phones based on pointless benchmarks? Now who is the hopeless retard?
>>
>>59658853
you can preorder s8 for 750 now the fuck are you on about? and we already know the ballpark sd835 will be in single core from reference bench's.

>Everyone ITT is against you
logical fallacy in post form. The fact you defend in your shit device in the face of actual proof ergo benchmarks showing how shit it is tells me you've a vested interest in misleading. I hate to break it to you but nobody but retard tier memers are buying it. Single core benchmarks are the reason intel cpu's are so popular in desktop pc's and there you actually have some use for 10 cores but still people choose superior single core performance because it produces a better experience. These are the facts of technology so better stick those fingers deeper into your ears and say you can't hear me louder. Android phones are not even remotely competitive performance wise. They have comically bad single core performance and their graphics get shit on too. Android is only good for people who don't use theirp device for more than lightweight text heavy use.
>>
>>59658852
You still didn't answer what what exactly do you do on your phone that you need this top of the line performance.
>>
>>59658862
Geekbench is the realest real world benchmark since it's not subiect to cherry picked scenarios and actually measures how fast the ipc is not how clever of a webm some shill can meme with
>>
>>59658945
>you can preorder s8 for 750 now the fuck are you on about?

>The iPhone 8, or iPhone Pro as it’s labeled in the report, will apparently cost more than $1,000.

750 vs. 1000+. Congrats, you BTFO yourself stupid shill. GG.
>>
>>59658960
Not for 4k webm in safari.
>>
>>59658960
Browsing the web literally chokes up android devices I'm on one right now and I have everything ocd customized down to the kernel and only then is it even remotely usable and still gets awful lags like in gapps for example. I was given an iphone 5 that basically never gets used for anything but when I do browse a website on it even that old shit is smoother than this lg g3 I'm on. sd801 should be faster than an a6 but it's laggy as hell.
>>
>>59658980
lemme know when you can actually preorder it for that price my little meme victim
>>
>>59658179
Fuck both of those ideas. What about a phone with better battery life? NONE of these handset makers has humoured us with the idea of having a phone that can just do calls, texts and browsing for more than one or two days without that shitty battery saver mode.
>>
>>59659043
>I'm on one right now
nd why don't you listen to your own advice, go buy yourself an iPhone, don't use a lagdroid and you won't have to make blogposts about your displease with Android.

Very simple.
>>
>>59659088
You missed the whole part about security and locked bootloaders along with never spending more than a couple hundred on a phone but that's par for the course. I'm here because I believe the US govt is conspiring to keep ishit devices faster so they can keep tight control over the infos they get funneled to their servers from these devices.
>>
>>59659127
>le invent a crazy conspiracy to why you use android but claim iphone is faster thus proving you aren't a shill tactic
It's not fucking working. You're a shill and you've been called out on it multiple times. Delete this stupid thread and try again later pajeet, but this time don't fucking make it so obvious.

Fuck off.
>>
>>59659127
>I'm here because I believe the US govt is conspiring to keep ishit devices faster so they can keep tight control over the infos they get funneled to their servers from these devices.
Sounds reasonably schizophrenic, if you ask me.
People who buy iPhones are not techy people who understand what performance is anyway, iPhone is a fashion accessory and that's what it's always been.

Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with Apple having these few devices running on iOS and they have love and care to cater it to optimize it for these few devices.
>>
File: 1466270039251.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466270039251.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>59659155
I'm a shill, really. For stating the fact that single core performance governs real world use and that ishits have vastly superior GPU performance too? While also stating you're a retard for buying an expensive phone you can't root? And by saying you should never spend that much on a phone?

I'm saying there are no good choices and the reason is obvious. The FBI and apple hold hands and collude with samsung allowing them to do business only if they agree to nerf their single core performance. China then uses the additional cores to your device into a server for their intelligence collecting purposes. There are listening devices embedded in your battery. Google it. Not even making this up. Court cases showing apple "fighting for your freedom" are nothing more than propaganda. It's amazing how stupid you are.
>>
>>59659230
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>59658179
Wow you sure sound mad. I suggest you take a moment to relax with a Coca Cola and then buy yourself a new Dell laptop with Windows 10.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.