[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Sup /g/, im looking for a new screen.

So i went to the local computer store, and this guy told me that i should get a 144hz monitor, but i dont see a fucking difference between a 144hz and 60hz one.

What monitor should i get? And is 144hz really a meme?
>>
144hz is really only for CS tryhards. If you have the money sure, but I would rather get a 4k 60hz
>>
>144hz
Is only for neckbeard 'pro' gaymurs. Not the kind of person you wan to be associated with.
>>
>>59656081
this
>>
Get three 2560x1400 monitors (IPS 60Hz ofc).
>>
>>59656189
*1440 I meant obviously
>>
No, it's not a meme. 144hz is much smoother to 60hz, it's like 30hz to 60hz difference. 144hz has it's benefits with gaming, and browsing 4chan is smoother too. Just depends what you are going to use it for.

If picture color quality matters more to you, then get a 4k 60hz monitor, because 144hz 4k ips 1ms is gonna cost a lot than what it's worth.
>>
File: 1465729436770.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465729436770.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
I use 144hz even though I don't game. It's just so much nicer scrolling, moving windows, moving the cursor, it really shines when you have a low input latency monitor at 144hz and use a low latency text editor like vim
>>
OP here, so i should be looking for either a 4k or 1440p? I have a gtx 1050 ti, not sure if this will be enough..
>>
File: motion_blur_from_persistence.png (23KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
motion_blur_from_persistence.png
23KB, 640x600px
>>59656060
There is a decent chance the store retards didn't even have the GPU refresh rates set above 60 Hz, but honestly the difference on desktop is subtle enough that a lot of people would never notice.

The main point of 120+ Hz displays is that they can have a strobed backlight without blatantly visible flickering, and strobed backlights keep displayed frames' appearance sharp regardless of whether your gaze is fixed or scanning across the screen tracking something.

The effect can be reproduced in pictures by putting a camera on rails and taking pictures of screen objects moving horizontally at the same speed.

The overall point is more about being able to visually track moving objects than just showing smoother animations or whatever.
>>
>>59656060
144hz is NOT a meme, moving my cursor from my 144hz to my 60hz theres an obvious difference. however if you don't play games that can take advantage of it then it's not worth it over higher resolution.
>>
>>59656081
>>59656109

poorfags detected

I have a zowie xl2411 144hz monitor, samsung 24" ips monitor along side it and a 55" samsung ks8000 4k hdr tv for when i wanna do some gaymen on the big screen :^)

>>59656274
>>59656404
>>59656972

these guys know whats up, the cursor movement on a 144hz monitor is beautiful and smooth
>>
It's all relative

If you compare a 144hz monitor to a 60hz you'll obviously see a difference. But if you only use a 60hz monitor you'll never feel like it's worse because it's the only refresh rate you've used. Not like 144hz has much use outside of gaming anyway.
>>
>>59657178
Yep, I have both and 144hz isn't worth it at all unless you're doing twitch shooters and even then it's not a big deal unless you're a tryhard.

I'd argue that 144hz is good because you can run it at 120hz which can playback 24fps, 30fps, and 60fps content perfectly without any added judder if you're a videophile but there's so many tools now that can auto adjust or use frame blending to fix that.
>>
>>59656060
fucking apple cucks, they cannot post anything else than their machines...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.