[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you still using proprietary software?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1476300817278.jpg (13KB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
1476300817278.jpg
13KB, 350x310px
Why are you still using proprietary software?
>>
I'm lazy.
>>
>>59655322
This. I also don't want to go through all the fucking trouble of making the switch to GNU+Linux and avoiding my contact with the botnet.
>>
>>59655311
Because it's higher quality and there's no proof of the claimed benefits of opensource - namely, there's no proof opensource is botnet-free, and in actuality, there's plenty of evidence the NSA has just as much vulns available on opensource software as it has on proprietary software.
>>
>>59655630
>Open source
Listen to what Stallman has to say about it.
>>
Only proprietary software I use is Steam and various video games.

>>59655630
Are you retarded? The proof is the code. If you're too stupid to read the code, you're too stupid to comment about benefits or downsides to free software.
>>
>>59657344
>The proof is the code.
You just denied decades of history. The facts contradict you, open sores is full of vulnerabilities.
>>
>>59657457
>bad code has security vulnerabilities
wawo anon ur smart
>>
>>59655630
The NSA vulnerabilities are kinda like the less important bit, frankly. I'd like to avoid it but there are worse things than a foreign intelligence group being able to breach my security if they really want to.

Its hard to use proprietary software without the software openly being a botnet in itself. They openly collect data, they restrict what you can do with the software, etc. Free and open source software tends to do less of that crap.
>>
>>59655311
I'm not going to restrict myself based on whether or not I can view the source code, I'm going to use whatever's best.
>>
File: 2017-03-30-07:35.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-30-07:35.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Because its fun.
>>
>>59659799
>raise zombie build
i swear to god, every (you) post gets worse and worse. mcfucking kys
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.