[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installed Ram on pc, wont boot up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 01_1_15.png (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
01_1_15.png
170KB, 500x500px
So, earlier I bought new RAM to install inside my pc. When I installed it and boot up the pc, it just goes into an infinite black screen. I tried putting back the old ram to see, and same issue. So right now, I can't boot up windows or anything

I can Access BIOS tho, tried setting it to XMP, reset the CMOS, made sure the RAMs are well place and clipped. I'm out of ideas. help?

My specs:
Motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V LX
New Ram was Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 1600MHz 16GB Kit (2x8GB) CL9 1.5V CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9
Old ram was Ballistix DDR3 1600 MHz 8gb 1.5V

Am I fucked? I'm opened to ideas.

Pic related, the new rams
>>
>>59646284
have you tried putting back the old ram back?
>>
>>59646300
I did mention putting back the old ram in, same result. Black screen of infinity.
>>
>>59646284

did you make sure the bios set the voltage right on the ram?
>>
>>59646351
Both RAM have 1.5V. So i think its the same by default. if not, how do i change the voltage?
>>
>>59646369

should be in your OC menu in the bios, sometimes the system can fuck up and not give it the proper default voltage.
>>
>>59646284
inb4 you staticed the motherboard to death
>>
>>59646454
Voltage is set 1.5, and the bios recognise my RAM. Is there anything else I should do.
>>
>>59646284
Does the bios recognize your hard drive?
>>
>>59646523

you have them running in dual chanel right? with one ram slot in between the sticks? have you tried different slots?
>>
>>59646666
quad-channel get
>>
>>59646609
Sorry I'm not too used to these things, how do I know its recognizing it?

>>59646666
Yeah, I did make sure they are in dual channel. also nice quads.
>>
Is it better to use 3 sticks or 2 so it can be dual channel?
>>
>>59646666

deeeeeecent.

>>59646693

honestly Im out of ideas. my motherboard did that with kingston memory so I returned it and got a set of g. skill that seemed to work flawless? maybe your mobo doesnt like corsair ram?
>>
>>59646693
If it recognizes the hard drive then it should show up in the boot order menu
>>
Are you using an SSD?

In particular is it a Crucial SSD?

Unplug it from motherboard/power and replug.

Try the same thing if it's HDD just in case.

This sounds like a drive issue btw, maybe connector is loose or SSD cells got messed up by powering off system. Happens sometimes.

Make a bootable USB with memtest and run that to confirm if RAM is good btw.
>>
>>59646766
Yeah it is there. Any other ideas of what I can do?
>>
>>59646821
I dont have an SSD. A lot of people on sites are talking about having the same issues as I after putting new ram and all, but none of the solutions proposed worked on me. So I should unplug and replug HDD?
>>
>>59646880
Yes try that and then also go into BIOS and reset everything to defaults.

You can also try a LIVE USB/CD of Linux to test, it will use RAM but not the HDD. If you can't boot it then maybe a RAM issue.
>>
File: OnePlus 3T.png (143KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
OnePlus 3T.png
143KB, 352x395px
Press the mem-ok button on your mobo and try to boot up. It will probably shutdown few times and then it informs you that it was successful at it.

I happen to have the exact same Mobo.
>>
1 more thing.

Also if you reset BIOS before, the issue could be that you switched SATA from AHCI to IDE? Or reverse.

Mine does something similar when I reset BIOS.

Make sure your SATA mode is set properly, depending what type you are using.
>>
>>59647015
How do i know what type i should be using?

>>59646938
what does the mem-ok button does? should i press it just once, should I hold it?

>>59646936
I'll try that in a bit, ill try other options rq before doing it.
>>
>>59647055

You can try both and see if 1 works. AHCI is faster btw.
>>
>>59647055
Press it once when it's booting up (or attempting to). It changes the frequencies of your rams so it can boot.
>>
File: GGEYU.jpg (103KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
GGEYU.jpg
103KB, 500x494px
And people wonder why we have constant tech support threads.
>>
>>59647119
ok, i did it, then it asked me to go in bios to run setup and shit. should i just save and reset without doing any changes?
>>
>>59647215
Yes fren
>>
oh fuck i forgot i wasnt on wsr anymore. post this on wsr, OP

>>>/wsr/
>>
>>59647310
okok moved the thread to WSR

>>288206
>>
>>59647398
Failed cuz i suck at it: >>>/wsr/288206
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.